Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 491

post #7351 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

I banned myself yesterday from bringing the gear to work in order to keep focused and get some shiiit done. Battling with the addiction to music. Not easy man.

The latest hype I have found about the LOD. Making the LOD out of 4 different wires brings the best placebo to sound quality.


I have ADHD and I work as an IT specialist. I am good at what I do, but without music I am completely unable to stay focused. The need for 8 hours of music every single day is why I through years of incremental upgrades have ended up with a couple of thousand dollars worth of CIEMs and DAP's. Unlike other people on these forums I am not a trust fund kid or a wealthy lawyer who carelessly blows money on gear that just gathers dust most of the time. My audio rigs are as important to me as my computers.
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/13/13 at 12:33am
post #7352 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


I have ADHD and I work as an IT specialist. I am good at what I do, but without music I am completely unable to stay focused. The need for 8 hours of music every single day is why I through years of incremental upgrades have ended up with a couple of thousand dollars worth of CIEMs and DAP's. Unlike other people on these forums I am not a trust fund kid or a wealthy lawyer who carelessly blows money on gear that just gathers dust most of the time. My audio rigs are as important to me as my computers.

 

Sorry to hear that (actually the first time I read ADHD) but I am glad music is able to keep you focused. Nothing better than that. I am a heavy music listener too and music keeps me fresh and relaxed. Problem is I am often sucked into music and enjoy it and lose focus on other things. LOL When I have some serious deadlines I have to refrain myself from listening to music and focus on the task. Unfortunately I can't handle both at the same time.

 

I can understand the importance of your audio rigs to you. As I used to say, they have grown to become my body parts. :k701smile:

post #7353 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

Sorry to hear that (actually the first time I read ADHD) but I am glad music is able to keep you focused. Nothing better than that. I am a heavy music listener too and music keeps me fresh and relaxed. Problem is I am often sucked into music and enjoy it and lose focus on other things. LOL When I have some serious deadlines I have to refrain myself from listening to music and focus on the task. Unfortunately I can't handle both at the same time.

 

I can understand the importance of your audio rigs to you. As I used to say, they have grown to become my body parts. :k701smile:

There have been air-drumming incidents at work where I suddenly became the entertainment for the rest of the office while trying to keep up with Christoph Schneider on my imaginary drums :biggrin:

post #7354 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

There have been air-drumming incidents at work where I suddenly became the entertainment for the rest of the office while trying to keep up with Christoph Schneider on my imaginary drums :biggrin:

 

Haha. I don't know if I did anything like that but the office people had to come to my desk many times letting me know either my phone was ringing (for too long) or on ring tone (also for too long ) b/c I accidentally and unknowingly shifted the phone handle. Too bad they can't fire me. :wink_face:

post #7355 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

There have been air-drumming incidents at work where I suddenly became the entertainment for the rest of the office while trying to keep up with Christoph Schneider on my imaginary drums :biggrin:


i believe i have done this multiple times

post #7356 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo898 View Post
 


i believe i have done this multiple times

Resistance is futile.

 

post #7357 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights View Post

ruqy2aqe.jpg


Dock is by my friend, sp3llv3xit...

Knights, it looks like you are going to launch you rig into orbit!  :D

post #7358 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

Knights, it looks like you are going to launch you rig into orbit!  :D

That's why we call it "StarWars" dock here… hahahahahah

post #7359 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights View Post
 

That's why we call it "StarWars" dock here… hahahahahah

true true, very cool rig

post #7360 of 13866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angular Mo View Post

 

That MUST be the tiniest 3.5mm male to male cable (M2Tech's output) I have EVER seen!  

Who makes that and where can one buy it?

It bundles with Arrow 4T amp. 2 cables provided, tip-to-tip 2cm (seen in picture) other 3cm.

post #7361 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-i-c-k-e-y View Post

It bundles with Arrow 4T amp. 2 cables provided, tip-to-tip 2cm (seen in picture) other 3cm.
Anywhere I can purchase those cables on their own?
post #7362 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

@Rudi, thanks!
It is too extreme for me to spend thousands of dollars on cables and hours to detect sonic differences...
Its the reason that your impressions are valuable.
I am enjoying this hobby at my own pace.. I think the pace will become a lot slower as the prices go up and up...
I think i need to buy a few more pairs of k420 for my friends

Thank you CosmicHolyGhost
I try to share my personal impression here , that all my fiends can buy directly the correct set up for their portable rigs
post #7363 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Anywhere I can purchase those cables on their own?
Just do what I did, buy a refurbished 3G for 149€ and supposedly get 2 cables budled biggrin.gif still cheaper than any ALO IC biggrin.gif
post #7364 of 13866

Well I don't know where to ask this question so I am gonna give a try here.

 

Is there a dac/amp combo which supports rockboxed ipod classic 7g?

post #7365 of 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

Well I don't know where to ask this question so I am gonna give a try here.

 

Is there a dac/amp combo which supports rockboxed ipod classic 7g?

Fiio E07k/E17?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)