Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 433
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice rig! If you add DB2 using Optical in and then balance out to intruder so to achieve end to end balance , you will turn your setup to become a powerhouse! It seems your bag can fit one more device...
I am agree with you
DB 2 make the SQ to the next level
Like my pictures in previous page
AK 120 > dB2 use optical > Ko Jo KM - 01 use single ended
If i use balance amp like Intruder sound more powerful
Today I purchased a pair of FitEar 334, second entry to my FitEar collection... I hope I can move to CIEM soon... Even though the balance card 901 has plenty of juice for 334, it is not fun without the amp when playing with the new toy....
What on earth is going on there with that super long jack?!
Wow,I'm sure it would! when I financially can afford one I'm sure to give full balanced a try with the DB2.nonetheless,I'm impressed with the 4r balanced as it is. intruder is simply amazing.
Oh, haha. Had me worried there, thinking it was just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm!
that is awesome! i'm about to bring my stack portable gear to my long plane journey. i wonder, have you or anyone else ever brought your stack portable gear to planes? how's the experience passing airport security with these suspicious looking devices? XD
I travel quite a bit and really don't have many hassles.
Basically, my carry-on bag containing the rig ALWAYS gets scanned a second time and sometimes a manager is quietly called over but this is very rare and has always resulted in my rig being identified for what it is and passed through.
I get more interest from the stewards during the flight. They are trained to look for suspicious people and items. I make a point of putting my rig in plain view on the pull down table. This way, if my rig can look a little intimidating, at least it doesn't look like I'm hiding anything.
Congrats fit Your new Fit Ear 334
How is pairing with HM 901?
About the clarity and bass impact ?
I am still trying to get used to the fit, they are quite big for my ears... So far, I hear nothing I feel excited about (maybe I played with ASG-2 and Parterre too much recently).. If I rate the bass impact, it is quite low..thats why I pair with amp to give some flavour..Clarity is very good and head room also big...
I need more time to explore because I have not put a lot of vocal music into 901 yet.. This morning, I listened to Nina Simone and she sounded really good... but I think she sounds really good on whatever earphones.. LoL
My portable ietm are now:
1. Fitear Parterre - for classical symphony type music, free jazz, hardbop, live concerts
2. Fitear TG334 - for vocal jazz, bebop, swing, chamber jazz or ECM type contemp classical
3. ASG-2 - for walk around (without the need to carry expensive gear), ASG-2 + modded X3 = total winner when traveling
4. Heir 5.0 - for long time listening at home while reading novels..
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 17 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 26 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Superlux Express Train 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM1 vs. Shure se215?? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18: does your smartphone work with it for USB Audio? Tell us... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi