Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 433
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice rig! If you add DB2 using Optical in and then balance out to intruder so to achieve end to end balance , you will turn your setup to become a powerhouse! It seems your bag can fit one more device...
I am agree with you
DB 2 make the SQ to the next level
Like my pictures in previous page
AK 120 > dB2 use optical > Ko Jo KM - 01 use single ended
If i use balance amp like Intruder sound more powerful
Today I purchased a pair of FitEar 334, second entry to my FitEar collection... I hope I can move to CIEM soon... Even though the balance card 901 has plenty of juice for 334, it is not fun without the amp when playing with the new toy....
What on earth is going on there with that super long jack?!
Wow,I'm sure it would! when I financially can afford one I'm sure to give full balanced a try with the DB2.nonetheless,I'm impressed with the 4r balanced as it is. intruder is simply amazing.
Oh, haha. Had me worried there, thinking it was just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm!
that is awesome! i'm about to bring my stack portable gear to my long plane journey. i wonder, have you or anyone else ever brought your stack portable gear to planes? how's the experience passing airport security with these suspicious looking devices? XD
I travel quite a bit and really don't have many hassles.
Basically, my carry-on bag containing the rig ALWAYS gets scanned a second time and sometimes a manager is quietly called over but this is very rare and has always resulted in my rig being identified for what it is and passed through.
I get more interest from the stewards during the flight. They are trained to look for suspicious people and items. I make a point of putting my rig in plain view on the pull down table. This way, if my rig can look a little intimidating, at least it doesn't look like I'm hiding anything.
Congrats fit Your new Fit Ear 334
How is pairing with HM 901?
About the clarity and bass impact ?
I am still trying to get used to the fit, they are quite big for my ears... So far, I hear nothing I feel excited about (maybe I played with ASG-2 and Parterre too much recently).. If I rate the bass impact, it is quite low..thats why I pair with amp to give some flavour..Clarity is very good and head room also big...
I need more time to explore because I have not put a lot of vocal music into 901 yet.. This morning, I listened to Nina Simone and she sounded really good... but I think she sounds really good on whatever earphones.. LoL
My portable ietm are now:
1. Fitear Parterre - for classical symphony type music, free jazz, hardbop, live concerts
2. Fitear TG334 - for vocal jazz, bebop, swing, chamber jazz or ECM type contemp classical
3. ASG-2 - for walk around (without the need to carry expensive gear), ASG-2 + modded X3 = total winner when traveling
4. Heir 5.0 - for long time listening at home while reading novels..
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 second ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 40 seconds ago
- › AKG K550 Cables cut. Any recommendations on where to get them fixed? 42 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW - UK Engineered in-ears and over ear. Hello to one and all 54 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 1 minute ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 1 minute ago
- › What if you hook up a subwoofer AND headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob