Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 416

post #6226 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas L View Post

OH MY. ANOTHER HONGKONGER. GLAD TO SEE YOU AROUND <3 真係估唔到E道都會有香港人。(: Nice rig btw. How much does it cost in total?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsblood View Post

 

我都係香港嚟ga!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Khong View Post

Nice to meet you too!

 

Jonathan.

 

Haha I am also a HKer - I have the highest post count, that makes me the alpha does it? ;)

post #6227 of 13857

My incognito portable rig, pretty much the opposite of the awesome teched-out setups y'all have.  Photos to show you how little you see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted a Cypher Labs-based setup, I was concerned with a. the cost, b. having it stolen since it looks valuable c. having someone on the subway tackle me when I take it out because it looks like something someone shouldn't have on the subway.  So I do this instead:

 

 

 

It's an iPad Mini (that I already had)-->Apple Camera Connection-->ALO USB cable-->ALO Audio International DAC/amp.  The iPad Mini's in a book-style case, and I shove the amp and cables into a felt sleeve I used to use for a small Kindle.  I snipped a tiny hole to poke the lightning cable through. Other than 'phones there's only about an inch of cable showing.  And I'm getting the signal out of the iPad, bypassing the internal DAC and amp.  And it sorta looks like I'm holding an appointment book.  Even with the case and sleeve it weighs around 10 oz less than a CLAS-based rig (using iPod Classic for comparison) even though it's iPad-driven.  Fits easily in a messenger bag and under my arm.  I don't usually use the LCD-2's outside the house, just around the house.  Sounds great and gets plenty of power, had the cable made to take advantage of the mini-balanced output on the International.

post #6228 of 13857
post #6229 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydavid View Post

My incognito portable rig, pretty much the opposite of the awesome teched-out setups y'all have.  Photos to show you how little you see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted a Cypher Labs-based setup, I was concerned with a. the cost, b. having it stolen since it looks valuable c. having someone on the subway tackle me when I take it out because it looks like something someone shouldn't have on the subway.  So I do this instead:

 

 

 

It's an iPad Mini (that I already had)-->Apple Camera Connection-->ALO USB cable-->ALO Audio International DAC/amp.  The iPad Mini's in a book-style case, and I shove the amp and cables into a felt sleeve I used to use for a small Kindle.  I snipped a tiny hole to poke the lightning cable through. Other than 'phones there's only about an inch of cable showing.  And I'm getting the signal out of the iPad, bypassing the internal DAC and amp.  And it sorta looks like I'm holding an appointment book.  Even with the case and sleeve it weighs around 10 oz less than a CLAS-based rig (using iPod Classic for comparison) even though it's iPad-driven.  Fits easily in a messenger bag and under my arm.  I don't usually use the LCD-2's outside the house, just around the house.  Sounds great and gets plenty of power, had the cable made to take advantage of the mini-balanced output on the International.


stylish looking rig.. what sort of iem or headphones you use when you are out and about? a Pelican case probably wont fit in your felt sleeve...

post #6230 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

 

 

Haha I am also a HKer - I have the highest post count, that makes me the alpha does it? ;)

 

haha yes you are 大老 here; )

post #6231 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


stylish looking rig.. what sort of iem or headphones you use when you are out and about? a Pelican case probably wont fit in your felt sleeve...

Nah, phones are excused from having to fit in the sleeve.  ;-)

For out and about mostly the Sennheiser Momentums, a little bit of the Monster Trumpets I inherited when I need the isolation.

Tried the new Cardas EM5813s but they're not for me, will probably continue my search for great IEMs in the new year.

This hobby escalated quickly.  Need to catch my breath...

post #6232 of 13857

Just updated my rig with Toxic Cables The Virus for my Fitear MH335DW.

post #6233 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydavid View Post

Nah, phones are excused from having to fit in the sleeve.  ;-)

For out and about mostly the Sennheiser Momentums, a little bit of the Monster Trumpets I inherited when I need the isolation.

Tried the new Cardas EM5813s but they're not for me, will probably continue my search for great IEMs in the new year.

This hobby escalated quickly.  Need to catch my breath...


Yay, I also just picked up the hobby this year... and it is a bit overwhelming... I just put my rig in a camera bag that looks like a  ladies' cosmetic bag... LoL

post #6234 of 13857

tera+intruder+hd800

 

tera+intruder+hd650

post #6235 of 13857
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Back of the Hifi-M8 LX:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAvengeR View Post

Anyone familiar with that cable? I need it for when my M8 eventually arrives :)~

this cable comes stock with the iBasso D42

 

Also, if you're interested, check out this DIY thread by FraGGleRhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/666267/diy-otg-micro-usb-b-cable-to-usb-b-tutorial

 

I've made 2 OTG Micro USB B cable to USB B cables so far and previously had no experience with a soldering iron or DIY'ing, good fun!

post #6236 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

 

 

Haha I am also a HKer - I have the highest post count, that makes me the alpha does it? ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsblood View Post

 

我都係香港嚟ga!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Khong View Post

Nice to meet you too!

 

Jonathan.

各位大佬, do you guys know any good places to buy cheap gear? And any good second hand sites/ stores? Thanks.

post #6237 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

A few different HM-901 with external hybrid tube amp combinations.

Elekit TU-HP01 hybrid tube (with Muses02 OpAmp)



Analog Squared Paper TUR-06

How does the elekit TU-HP01 sound like.
post #6238 of 13857
Will u guys actually carry out portable tube amps? Wouldnt they be too hot?
post #6239 of 13857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanz View Post


How does the elekit TU-HP01 sound like.

 

The TU-HP01 actually a pretty awesome intro to tube amps without spending too much (They're approx $200 in Japan based on current exchange rates). It's more susceptible to vibrations in comparison to the larger tube amps. I'm actually quite surprised a low cost kit amp like this sounds the way it does. Granted it's a hybrid and I did plonk in a $40 Muses02 OpAmp in it but this tube amp is like a gem in a garage sale.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Will u guys actually carry out portable tube amps? Wouldnt they be too hot?
 

Believe it or not, I do bring it to the office or to the local cafe. Basically anywhere I can sit down for at least an hour or two, I'd bring it out. Naturally if I'm going shopping, taking the train, bus, or walking around I don't use it. It actually doesn't produce much heat at all. Even after an hour's worth of operation, I can touch the tubes. The glow is actually from LED.

post #6240 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas L View Post

 

 

各位大佬, do you guys know any good places to buy cheap gear? And any good second hand sites/ stores? Thanks.

Hello Nicolas,

 

I am not so sure where you can find cheap gear. However, my favorite place to go to is Jaben. I find that in Jaben there is plenty to choose from and the space is big and comfortable, it has a good atmosphere. The staff are also very nice and kind. As for second hand, I am really not sure, it might be that it is more popular in Japan for example e earphone store in Osaka. Hope that helps!

 

Jonathan.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)