Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 391
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even though I'm getting an hm901 as a dap, not an ak120, everytime I see a pic of the 120, I really wish that the 901 looked like that!
The main reason why I stay with AK after selling my AK100
although reviews so far indicate that SQ wise, HM901 and even DX100 are better
Finally decided, you know what, even though the ak120 looks really enticing, I'm just not gonna pay hundreds more for a device with inferior sq
I'd used AK100 and Corda Quickstep.
iDA-1 is very clear sound. and, sound stage is good than AK100.
I can tell you more information, but, my english is not good. sorry.
this amp has some noise when turn on the power. but, after few seconds, disappear.
I think it needs few seconds for warmming up.
anyway, I feel more good sounds than ak100+quickstep amp.
Edited by buruma - 8/4/13 at 12:25am
Yup, its the same one but a lot more controlled now after about 700 hrs of burnin with heavy bass but you can still unleash the beast anytime you want
The Fiio tames the bass and the whole package sounds just right except when you start hitting the bass buttons on the Fiio
A combination recommended to anyone for looking for not just punchy head banging bass but overall sound quality too, very clean mids and sparking, non fatiguing/sibilant treble.
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 3 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob