Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 391
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even though I'm getting an hm901 as a dap, not an ak120, everytime I see a pic of the 120, I really wish that the 901 looked like that!
The main reason why I stay with AK after selling my AK100
although reviews so far indicate that SQ wise, HM901 and even DX100 are better
Finally decided, you know what, even though the ak120 looks really enticing, I'm just not gonna pay hundreds more for a device with inferior sq
I'd used AK100 and Corda Quickstep.
iDA-1 is very clear sound. and, sound stage is good than AK100.
I can tell you more information, but, my english is not good. sorry.
this amp has some noise when turn on the power. but, after few seconds, disappear.
I think it needs few seconds for warmming up.
anyway, I feel more good sounds than ak100+quickstep amp.
Edited by buruma - 8/4/13 at 12:25am
Yup, its the same one but a lot more controlled now after about 700 hrs of burnin with heavy bass but you can still unleash the beast anytime you want
The Fiio tames the bass and the whole package sounds just right except when you start hitting the bass buttons on the Fiio
A combination recommended to anyone for looking for not just punchy head banging bass but overall sound quality too, very clean mids and sparking, non fatiguing/sibilant treble.
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 25 seconds ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black... 38 seconds ago
- › Customs that sounds like the Sennheiser IE800 46 seconds ago
- › Accessing Drivers in Sennheiser px 90: How do I do it? 56 seconds ago
- › EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › New DAC/AMP for my Beyerdynamic T90 + Bluesky Exo² Speakers 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AM-800 a metal and wood IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi