Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 367

post #5491 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

My "never-die" HD650...! 

 

 

 

I wish i get bored with the sound but I just can't  biggrin.gif

I am digging that HD650 with the silver cable!

Are you going to upgrade the interconnects/LODs/adapters soon? smily_headphones1.gif

post #5492 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Oh. Yup, this is useless for an iDevice other than the iPad unfortunately.


No actually it works with iPhone 4 if you're jailbroken. If you're crafty you can buy one of the smaller "cabled" CCKs, reterminate the standard USB with a mini usb, and use it with a compatible amp/dac. I did this with a d-zero & e07k and in the end the footprint was a wash with your average LOD, if not smaller.

Here's a pic of my CCK hiking setup that I never finished, it works but still a little hot glue and black nail polish from being complete.


Edited by ChavaC - 7/15/13 at 1:14am
post #5493 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

I am digging that HD650 with the silver cable!

Are you going to upgrade the interconnects/LODs/adapters soon? smily_headphones1.gif

Skybleu, you might wanna try the Toxic Silver cable 24awg. I love the sound too, especially plugged into my desktop rig. The toxic silver cable is more noticeable in clarity (but less body) compared to ALO silver 18awg the one in my picture. I like to use ALO silver when i plugged into my portable rig...because this cable does not reduce the warmth and body sound of HD650 and yet is more open, prominent, and a bit extending in the highs.

 

The LOD to USB i like to use the stock one from my CLAS (longer cable), the reason for that is because i like to put my amps in the middle of the stack. If i use silver LOD/USB from ALO, is shorter and cannot reach the port at the same position. I might wanna do DIY someday when the angled USB/LOD available in my local shop.

 

For the interconnect (m2m) i use 4 single silver wire, braided and terminated to 3.5mm Oyaide Rhodium plug.

 

For the adapters, the one that has XLR terminated with different adapters is my Double Helix copper wire, none of my Silver cable has yet terminated to XLR. I might soon doing it though smile.gif

post #5494 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Skybleu, you might wanna try the Toxic Silver cable 24awg. I love the sound too, especially plugged into my desktop rig. The toxic silver cable is more noticeable in clarity (but less body) compared to ALO silver 18awg the one in my picture. I like to use ALO silver when i plugged into my portable rig...because this cable does not reduce the warmth and body sound of HD650 and yet is more open, prominent, and a bit extending in the highs.

 

The LOD to USB i like to use the stock one from my CLAS (longer cable), the reason for that is because i like to put my amps in the middle of the stack. If i use silver LOD/USB from ALO, is shorter and cannot reach the port at the same position. I might wanna do DIY someday when the angled USB/LOD available in my local shop.

 

For the interconnect (m2m) i use 4 single silver wire, braided and terminated to 3.5mm Oyaide Rhodium plug.

 

For the adapters, the one that has XLR terminated with different adapters is my Double Helix copper wire, none of my Silver cable has yet terminated to XLR. I might soon doing it though smile.gif

Ah, as much as I'd like to give that cable a go, I don't own a pair of HD650's to try them with... 

 

That silver cable, however, does sound like it will do the job exceptionally well, just like you stated!

 

Yeah, I think a bit of DIY work might need to be taken into consideration to make your rig all up to date, and running in tip top condition. biggrin.gif That mini-to-mini sounds more promising, haha.

 

I think XLR termination might be better for that ALO cable, as it seems rather restricted with the limiting stock 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, but that decision is purely up to you to decide! beyersmile.png

post #5495 of 13919

what cables are those on your fitears, does it make them sound significantly better??

post #5496 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My simple audiophile set up AK 120

Source : AK 120
Amp : RSA. RS 71 A
Iem : Earsonic Sm 64 v1
Cable : Tralucent Audio UBER mini to mini


Rudi always show cool rig
Suprise u use stock cable?
post #5497 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Rudi always show cool rig
Suprise u use stock cable?

Thank you CosmicHolyGhost

I love the sm 64 v1 stock cable , sound so good
post #5498 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Thank you CosmicHolyGhost

I love the sm 64 v1 stock cable , sound so good


btw, the uber jumper really makes a huge difference?

post #5499 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


btw, the uber jumper really makes a huge difference?

The UBER mini to mini is one from my best mini to mini
post #5500 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

The UBER mini to mini is one from my best mini to mini

+1

I have the uber mini too... It certainly is my best mini to mini
post #5501 of 13919
Hi Rudi,

How can I order the uber mini to mini?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

The UBER mini to mini is one from my best mini to mini
post #5502 of 13919
Hi

U can pm spkrs01 to buy the mini
post #5503 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Hi Rudi,

How can I order the uber mini to mini?
Thanks

Hi u can pm spkrs01 to buy uber mini
post #5504 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post


+1

I have the uber mini too... It certainly is my best mini to mini


how much did you pay for your mini to mini and who did you order it from?

 

Thankswink_face.gif

post #5505 of 13919
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

can i call u the ipod man biggrin.gif

 

Call me maybe, and it sounds great to my ears. wink_face.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)