Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 361

post #5401 of 14974

My portable rig. iPod Nano, JDS Labs C5, FiiO line out, Headphone Labs hybrid cable and Shure SE535. I have only just got the cable, which looks stunning and is amazingly well made.

 

 

post #5402 of 14974

 

diyMod (with internal caps) > Pico Slim > FitEar F111 (with Whiplash TWcu cable)

 

Finally almost done with my rig. Got the O-rings today to tie the rig together. Just want to replace the Fiio LOD with a low-profile one and that's it. Looking for an RSA Shadow too to compare to the Pico Slim. The F111 pouch is actually a perfect size for a bag to store the whole rig, with the UE tin for the IEMs.

post #5403 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

 

diyMod (with internal caps) > Pico Slim > FitEar F111 (with Whiplash TWcu cable)

 

Finally almost done with my rig. Got the O-rings today to tie the rig together. Just want to replace the Fiio LOD with a low-profile one and that's it. Looking for an RSA Shadow too to compare to the Pico Slim. The F111 pouch is actually a perfect size for a bag to store the whole rig, with the UE tin for the IEMs.

 

What caps you threw in there? BTW I highly recommend the Alo amp wallet for the 5g/5.5g. The wallet is not fancy but really practical.

post #5404 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

 

What caps you threw in there? BTW I highly recommend the Alo amp wallet for the 5g/5.5g. The wallet is not fancy but really practical.

 

They're just Blackgate NX caps, nothing terribly fancy. I didn't do the mod myself, I bought the diyMod used. I don't really see the point of the amp wallet, which just seems to be extra bulk. I actually like my set-up quite a bit and when I'm using it, I just leave it out. I only store it in the bag when I put it away.


Edited by HeroicPenguin - 7/11/13 at 1:55pm
post #5405 of 14974
post #5406 of 14974
Rocco BA / H-200

post #5407 of 14974

Not exactly a picture but in my book a video is just as good.

 

CLAS-db, ALO RX MKIII-B, j-Phonic K2 sp

 

post #5408 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Not exactly a picture but in my book a video is just as good.

CLAS-db, ALO RX MKIII-B, j-Phonic K2 sp



May I know how long do u burn in your Mk3b before its sound reaches its peak?
post #5409 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Rocco BA / H-200

Sexy! How are the 200s?
post #5410 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Rocco BA / H-200

Very simplistic rig, with a power touch. I like!

 

Loving the silvery, gold and black theme you got going there! :)

post #5411 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Sexy! How are the 200s?


They're very capable IEM's especially for the money being asked. H-200 have specific timbre which has like a metallic sheen sitting very well with some genre's, Overall they're rather involving and typically fun with high clarity levels. They may suffer slightly narrow soundstage though source and cable effects the outcome. I run them with either Cowon J3, Rocco BA, Colorfly C3 (C3 with or without C&C BH amp) achieving great results. I actually preferred them over one much more expensive IEM, more than double the price. Fit can be a problem for some members, so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Very simplistic rig, with a power touch. I like!

Loving the silvery, gold and black theme you got going there! smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still rubbing your grubby finger prints of that gloss finish from when you loaned it. tongue.gif
post #5412 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I'm still rubbing your grubby finger prints of that gloss finish from when you loaned it. tongue.gif

eek.gif

Or maybe it was your grubby body oil that would not come off the player when I tried to clean it. wink.gif

post #5413 of 14974

After watching the uber-high quality rigs you guys post regularly, I've finally got one that I'm not embarrassed to post! biggrin.gif

 

 

IPC 120gb -> Fiio L3 -> JDS C5 -> HD580 with 650 cable. When the 580's aren't practical (which is pretty often), then its my W4's turn! 

post #5414 of 14974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

After watching the uber-high quality rigs you guys post regularly, I've finally got one that I'm not embarrassed to post! biggrin.gif

 

 

IPC 120gb -> Fiio L3 -> JDS C5 -> HD580 with 650 cable. When the 580's aren't practical (which is pretty often), then its my W4's turn! 

I like the colour contrast you got going there!

post #5415 of 14974
I wouldn't recommend using one of those rigid 1/4" to 1/8" adapters. It puts a lot of strain on the HP jack, which is probably just attached to the circuit board. You would be better off using a Grado adapter (good quality and reasonably-priced), or making your own adapter cable with a Neutrik line socket and plug. If you always use the 580s in this rig, why not just re-terminate the cable with a good quality 1/8" plug (e.g. Viablue, Switchcraft or Neutrik)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)