Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 353
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Kemet film caps have improved the sound stage, 3D imaging and extensions of the lowers & bass. This direct-out mod itself purifies the sound and renders more details. But during that process the caps make a big difference from my experience.
Modding the 5.5g's has brought me the fun and rewarding experience.
I also have and still own a RX MK2, but the Leckerton is clearly the winner in my opinion.
Not a great photo, but my current rig: iMod (with internal caps) > Fiio LOD (want to replace with a low-profile one for convinence) > Pico Slim > FitEar F111 with Whiplash TWcu cable. ALO Rx MKI looking on.
Should have a TTVJ Slim coming in soon to check out. Still interested in the Vorzuge Pure and RSA Shadow. Would be willing to do a temporary trade with people in the US if they have those amps. Let me know if you'd be interested since I really would like to hear those amps!
Source : IPhone 4 S
Dac : Cyberlabs Class - dB new version 2.00 Vrms
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 mini USB to Lod
Wagnus mini to mini
SQ : Audiophile desktop SQ
This is a beautiful setup. I always wonder what esw11ltd sound like with AK100
Mass Kobo 385 (which itself is large) seems small by comparison
How is the SQ comparison between Mass Kobo 385 vs Wagnus Epsilon S ?
Kobo 385 cost more than Wagnus Epsilon S , am I right Sean.
I love the SQ from my Wagnus
Yes you are right
Looks so simple like cheap amp , but if heard the SQ you can feel this high end SQ
Every source you pair with Wagnus sound so good .
Lol. Never ending story... that's audio life.
Anyways, I love seeing your rig rudi. Makes me want to buy the TH900. Your setup looks so nice.
I love the design too actually, not cheaply looks and yet it exudes an aura of $1000+ ......i think !
Very nice set up
Your Venture Craft mini to mini is like mine , I scary to bend
I haven't heard xduoo xp1, how is the SQ ?
Thank you kimvictor
Fostex TH 900 is the best close headphone to date .
You won't regret to buy Fostex TH 900 .
Very easy to drive .
If you give better set up , your Fostex TH 900 shine more follow your set up .
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › anything better than the JVC HA-FX40 for under $30? IEM 52 seconds ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD360 Pro = PX360? 4 minutes ago
- › How decent is your car audio system? 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 6 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob