Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 337

post #5041 of 23608
Ah, I should've known! Maybe if I knew the F-series was android then I would have figured it.

What's the app called, might I ask?
post #5042 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Ah, I should've known! Maybe if I knew the F-series was android then I would have figured it.

What's the app called, might I ask?

 

Espier Launcher. Once you download it, you will have an app that will allow you to download the iOS 7 theme as well as the lock screen theme if you want it and notification center theme if you want it. The best part of it all is, the theme is a hybrid of Android and iOS because I still have widgets and stuff so I get the best of both worlds.

post #5043 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagellanR14 View Post

Potentially, but I got this 32gb Walkman for around $200 while a 32gb iPod Touch goes for $300. Moreover, and iPod does not have the equalizer capabilities, sound capabilities, etc. capabilities that this Walkman does. I am content with my Walkman.

 

There are equalizer apps, and some of them work quite well, but I don't think there's anything that can duplicate the Sony Clear Bass. Can't argue with a $100 price difference either.smile_phones.gif

post #5044 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

There are equalizer apps, and some of them work quite well, but I don't think there's anything that can duplicate the Sony Clear Bass. Can't argue with a $100 price difference either.smile_phones.gif

I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too. But your points well taken


Edited by MagellanR14 - 6/25/13 at 9:43am
post #5045 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagellanR14 View Post

I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too.
Well it is better than the "audiophile daps" I bought...in general you need to wait for 10 updates for them to work correctly smily_headphones1.gif
post #5046 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Well it is better than the "audiophile daps" I bought...in general you need to wait for 10 updates for them to work correctly smily_headphones1.gif

haha yeah I wanted an "audiophile dap" but not one with a nonexistent dysfunctional UI.


Edited by MagellanR14 - 6/25/13 at 10:38am
post #5047 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagellanR14 View Post

I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too. But your points well taken

Which is why my 3Gs is running 6.1.3 lol :P

post #5048 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagellanR14 View Post

I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too. But your point(s) well taken

 

Well, breaking down and not being able to run the newest software are two different things. I have an iPod from 2006 that works perfectly, long after being discontinued. In reference to the iOS devices, yeah, after a couple years the player might struggle with the newest software, but that doesn't mean that it stops working altogether with the older software either.

 

As to your Walkman, as an Android device, it will be interesting to see how it goes forward from here....does yours have Gingerbread,  ICS or Jellybean? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Well it is better than the "audiophile daps" I bought...in general you need to wait for 10 updates for them to work correctly smily_headphones1.gif

 

That's one of the reasons for the quote from shigzeo in my signature.....darthsmile.gif

post #5049 of 23608

 

Cowon J3=>ATH-ES10

post #5050 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Artsy shot is artsy!

So which one did you pick? smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post

What's the headphone on the far left?
The one in my sig. Not many have had proper demo time with it against the Momentum smily_headphones1.gif
post #5051 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMessiaH View Post

 

Cowon J3=>ATH-ES10

Looks sweet!
Haven't seen someone with the standard J3 UI in a long time, though :D

Did you already take a look at all the other cool options?

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246

post #5052 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Which is why my 3Gs is running 6.1.3 lol :P

Maybe that is not the case with iPhones but I know with iPod Touch it is, at least I am 90% sure it is.

post #5053 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

Well, breaking down and not being able to run the newest software are two different things. I have an iPod from 2006 that works perfectly, long after being discontinued. In reference to the iOS devices, yeah, after a couple years the player might struggle with the newest software, but that doesn't mean that it stops working altogether with the older software either.

 

As to your Walkman, as an Android device, it will be interesting to see how it goes forward from here....does yours have Gingerbread,  ICS or Jellybean? 

 

That's one of the reasons for the quote from shigzeo in my signature.....darthsmile.gif

Your point is well taken. I think, however, with with DAPs like iPods that do not have any "special" software, the situation is a little different. Nevertheless, I gotcha. As for my Walkman, it is running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) .


Edited by MagellanR14 - 6/25/13 at 10:46am
post #5054 of 23608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagellanR14 View Post

Espier Launcher. Once you download it, you will have an app that will allow you to download the iOS 7 theme as well as the lock screen theme if you want it and notification center theme if you want it. The best part of it all is, the theme is a hybrid of Android and iOS because I still have widgets and stuff so I get the best of both worlds.

I shall download it and give it a shot! Thanks.
post #5055 of 23608
Streaming India.arie's latest-Songversation


Quickstep under the pod:)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)