diskussions in a picture thread
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Said 2 guys not posting pics...right after someone posts pics.
Not my picture but it's what I'm using. iPhone 5 and EARPODS. I think the Earpods sound great, especially for being free.
I should try them. I left them in the box and plugged the hf3's in from the start....
Give them a shot. I've always been a fan of 'earbud' type headphones because I can still use them and hear outside noise. This is good in some situations...plus I can't use IEMs.
They won't be better than your HF3s or anything, but they are a significant step up from your typical stock buds. Still can be piercy in the highs, but the bass is by far the most improved over your typical stuff.
Give us a the scoops after you've had a listen. Mine are sitting in the drawer unopened too.
I don't think I'd pay $30 for Apple's earpods because they're of limited use to me (sound isolation is a primary need , usually; about the only place I don't need it is in my office, and that's where I've got my full-size home rig to listen to), but they came as a pack-in with my purchase, so I use 'em now and again anyway.
I've said elsewhere that the earpods are impressive just for being the first earbuds I can stand to wear, and I like their comfort and sound more than some headphones and IEMs I've paid money for.
For those who like the earbuds form factor, they're definitely worth trying, and are potentially an excellent deal. For those who hate earbuds or don't see the point to 'em, they're not going to like these either.
I have a fairly simple rig.
Edited by paulscape - 11/17/12 at 11:11pm
I have a fairly simple rig.
Does the amp make any difference to the Beats headphone?
the setup looks nice and all, if only the pair can drive something more worthwhile...
The Beats headphones i suppose dont need too much amping as they are okay for low bitrate hippity hop music
I've played around and finally figured out a good resting place for me and my full-size portable setup. I use this daily pretty much when ever I go some where, even if it's just to the grocery store, campus, or just out to the bistro. I can't wear IEM's, they just bother my ears too much sadly. I don't like on-ears, as they are just annoying to me comfort wise. I like big headphones. I've always enjoyed how they look, how they feel. Style is also important, when it comes to big headphones. I've gone through quite a few headphones (sigh) looking for a sound and feel coupled with a build quality and isolation that would work as a full size portable. I've kayaked in Denon D5000's. But end of the day, the headphone that had all the qualities and look that I wanted, were the Beyer DT770 Premiums. I love the style of them, retro, but metro. Great passive isolation. Lots of room for tinkering which I've done too.
Beyer DT770 Premium
I had it custom re-cabled by Brian over at BTG Audio. It has a locking detachable mini-XLR connection (like AKG) with a 4 foot braided sheathed cable that terminates to 3.5mm. I also have another 3 foot extension for home use when needed of the same cable type, as I got it as one big thing so they would match.
The pads are T70 pads, the micro-fiber, not the standard DT series pads. The T70 micro-fiber pads isolate significantly more and have a nice feel to them, the grip of non-slippery fabric, but not the plastic feel of pleather/leather, and not the couch-cushion feel of velour. I actually got the T70's to be a portable, but the sound was not to my liking. So I went for a premium DT770 since they look virtually the same, and stole the micro-fiber pads. Looks and feels like the T70 (I love how it looks), but has the sound of the warmer DT770 which I prefer in every way.
Sansa Fuze with 32gig MicroSD with all FLAC loaded.
LOD cable of course.
Fiio E11 amplifier.
I have the two units held together with velcro tape, I prefer this to fooling with rubber bands and the like. Holds like a champ.
And here's how I look as I walk around with them, getting weird stares from the Monster / iBud kids:
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 50 seconds ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 1 minute ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iRACK - don't wish your desktop system was hot like me... 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 7 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob