Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 251

post #3751 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Well after a long old wait, Frank at Toxic Cables stepped up and sorted me out with a CLAS.

At the moment Im running it Single ended through my T-Box, However once the rest of my cables 

arrive I will be running a fully balanced setup end to end.

 

Anyway, So here's my first proper stack for now - 

 

iPod classic 80gb > Stock USB > Solo > Palic flat braided mini to mini > TCG Audio T-Box > Beyer Hybrids....

 

 

However, Im having problems.

 

The iPod is either stuck on ok to disconnect screen or I cant pause, play, skip tracks etc, Yet the music will play.

But its clipping on bass hits etc, VERY annoying. 

Any ideas what I can do folks???

Nice looking rig.......have you tried a 'hard' reset on your iPod?

post #3752 of 13109
Congrats on the clas Paul. Sorry to hear you got problems, I have only experienced issues connecting my 1st gen ipod touch, apart from that no probs on newer devices. You have of course tried rebooting the ipod?
post #3753 of 13109

After talking to Frank, Reading everything again, Checking my other iDevices and another cable, I can safely say its my iPod Classic 80gb.

Just doesn't want to play ball.

Oh well, I have other devices that are working far better.

 

And now Im actually getting to listen to the Solo properly!

Seriously seriously impressed! Especially with lossless.

 

Dont think I could go back to a Solo-less rig now to be fair lol.

 

Thanks for the help chaps. biggrin.gif

post #3754 of 13109
Enjoy Paul, there is no going back now... biggrin.gif
post #3755 of 13109

I really like those plugs/covers on the coaxial outs on the CLASs (pl?)  Where did you get them?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My I device high end Dac collection :

Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : Ventura Craft Go Dap DD1 Limited Edition with op amp 627 SM
Cyberlabs Class -dB 1,69 Vrms wrape with blue mate
Cyberlabs Class -dB 2,00 Vrms wrape with black mate
Amp : alo Rx 3 B
Headphone : VModa M100 black mate
Cable : Ventura craft Lod to USB red colour
Ventura craft mini to mini audiophile grade black colour
Ventura craft mini to mini copper red colour
Sound Quality : with one of these three Dac high end for IDevice you can drive your headphone
To The next level audio Quality .
My VModa SQ can improve like my ULS Sig DJ with less a bit clarity IMO biggrin.gif



 
post #3756 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

I agree.
out of all the amps I own the E11 is my least favourite & the one that annoys me the most, 
Wish I'ld never listened to " Get the E11, Its ideal for what you need " comments lol!
Its a horrid amp IMO, I ended up getting a TCG Audio T-box for far less wonga, yet its a far tighter, more detailed amp than the 
E11 can ever hope to be.

Forgive me, isn't the TCG 2x the price of the E11?
post #3757 of 13109
The E11 rated pretty high in ClieOS's tests as well... Possibly something he missed while testing it? For the price of it, the E11 is a good little amplifier IMHO.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 5/2/13 at 12:40pm
post #3758 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

The E11 rated pretty high in ClieOS's tests as well... Possibly something he missed while testing it? For the price of it, the E11 is a good little amplifier IMHO.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Heya, 

 

I think most of the detractors of the E11 don't like what the bass boost does to it when enabled, especially on boost level 2 where it does get  muddy sounding. But I think it works very well on the flat setting.

 

Very best, 

post #3759 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

 

Sony D-EJ2000 wink_face.gif

 

If only I knew this little fella existed, while still in production....frown.gif

post #3760 of 13109

You can still pick them up on ebay, I got a sony D-NE1 which is similar.

post #3761 of 13109

 

sorry about the mess, but its still a fine sounding player with excellent soundstage even through the headphone out.

post #3762 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Rudi, you Rock N Roll AND RULE!

Thank you Sara
If we live nearby , we can rock and roll together biggrin.gif
post #3763 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

I really like those plugs/covers on the coaxial outs on the CLASs (pl?)  Where did you get them?


I bought from my friend headphone store in jakarta
Please visit : www.kantongkresek.com
post #3764 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Well after a long old wait, Frank at Toxic Cables stepped up and sorted me out with a CLAS.
At the moment Im running it Single ended through my T-Box, However once the rest of my cables 
arrive I will be running a fully balanced setup end to end.

Anyway, So here's my first proper stack for now - 

iPod classic 80gb > Stock USB > Solo > Palic flat braided mini to mini > TCG Audio T-Box > Beyer Hybrids....







However, Im having problems.

The iPod is either stuck on ok to disconnect screen or I cant pause, play, skip tracks etc, Yet the music will play.
But its clipping on bass hits etc, VERY annoying. 
Any ideas what I can do folks???

Very nice set up with class solo
Until now class solo still one of my favourite external Dac for my IDevice

For your problem please try :
To hard rest your iPod classic 80 Gb

Did you try with other amp ?
Sometimes if the power not enough / under power can make clipping sound
post #3765 of 13109
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidesear View Post

With no offense to V-Moda; that audio-only cable is the weakest link, goodbye.

(Side note; I really wish my M80's were matte black)

Please don't feel as offence , it's good to share here

If you hear M100 , maybe you can not believe before you hear M100 with M80 grey cable is the best sounding , as long I and my friends try it with M 80 cable .
All needs synergies in our Audio gear

Please see the picture below :
The left one in grey colour is M80 cable
The right one in red is M100 cable

In term of synergy the grey M 80 cable has better synergy with M100
Please try it , you can hear more clarity , more detail and better bass impact compare to the red M100 cable


Edited by rudi0504 - 5/2/13 at 5:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)