Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 183

post #2731 of 11416
I try. Unfortunately, my wife has a rare nervous system disorder which eats up a lot of money.

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal. tongue.gif. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.
post #2732 of 11416

Hey man, no harm done as long as she's happy biggrin.gif

post #2733 of 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRi0T68 View Post

I try. Unfortunately, my wife has a rare nervous system disorder which eats up a lot of money.

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal. tongue.gif. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.

A sick, twisted genius...

post #2734 of 11416

My philosophy is this:

 

As long as I provide for my family, I buy whatever the hell I want as long as my purchases don't interfere with the bills. 

 

Life is too short.

post #2735 of 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

My philosophy is this:

 

As long as I provide for my family, I buy whatever the hell I want as long as my purchases don't interfere with the bills. 

 

Life is too short.

this

post #2736 of 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

My philosophy is this:

 

As long as I provide for my family, I buy whatever the hell I want as long as my purchases don't interfere with the bills. 

 

Life is too short.

*Sniffs* Ohhh sooo inspiring!

 

 

post #2737 of 11416

LoL!

post #2738 of 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRi0T68 View Post

I try. Unfortunately, my wife has a rare nervous system disorder which eats up a lot of money.

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal. tongue.gif. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.

 



Believe me, you sound like a married man.  Boy do I know!!

post #2739 of 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRi0T68 View Post

I try. Unfortunately, my wife has a rare nervous system disorder which eats up a lot of money.

Years ago I designed and produced a prototype paintball gun. It cost me: her new laptop, camera, a purse or two and many, many shoes. I discovered my key to marital happiness: I can buy anything I want as long as she thinks she's getting the better end of the deal. tongue.gif. If I first spend more on her, while quietly mentioning what I'd like to do next time funds free up, she'll be the one encouraging my purchases out of her own guilt. I'm a sick, twisted man.

See, this is what Head-Fi is all about...learning and sharing best practices. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2740 of 11416
Quick! Somebody go buy new gear and post pictures of it to get this thread back on track! I almost spawned a "how do you justify audiophile purchases to your spouse" thread. I do like the prakhar(sp?)'s 2 feet/2 shoes theory from earlier in this thread, though.
post #2741 of 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRi0T68 View Post

Quick! Somebody go buy new gear and post pictures of it to get this thread back on track! I almost spawned a "how do you justify audiophile purchases to your spouse" thread. I do like the prakhar(sp?)'s 2 feet/2 shoes theory from earlier in this thread, though.

photo.JPG

K. Here is my latest purchase of some high-end, single dynamic driver earbuds. They sound way better than my previous headphones, which were Beats.

post #2742 of 11416

Here ya go - 

 

iPhone 4s running EQ Pro > Silver Leopard LOD > TCG Audio T-Box > Sennheiser IE8's on Stock cable.

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

post #2743 of 11416

And more recent - 

 

4s with FiiO E17, Silver Leopard LOD, IE8's, This time on a Toxic Cables Silver Poison recable, Or alternatively Westone UM1's.

And in the last picture, My Sony Viao Pocket with the IE8's...

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

post #2744 of 11416

And VERY recently - 

 

iPod Classic 7th Gen 160gb. Silver Leopard LOD, iBasso Pelican PB2 & My Beyer Hybrids. 

These are a work in progress, DT531 drivers in DT770 Premium Enclosures on a 770 Pro Headband.

These are having a Balanced Copper Widow from Toxic Cables soon...

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

post #2745 of 11416

Nice rig, Paul!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)