Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 143

post #2131 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

The digital volume control means you are losing a few bits at low volumes.

You only lose 1 bit every ~6dB. It's unlikely to be audible (I wouldn't swear on it though).

Anyway, my point was that an amp would correct the high output impedance and enable the Tera Player to behave correctly with all headphones / IEMs. It would help reveal the Tera Player's "true sound", if you will.
Edited by skamp - 2/13/13 at 4:45am
post #2132 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Well.. my rigs aren't as awesome as rudi's, but they get the job done. It's a work in progress! Currently getting ready to have the 8.A's reshelled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi. How the sound of 8.A ?

post #2133 of 13917

Its been a while i have not used my Govibe amps...this morning i wake them up again...seems still fresh like an orange juice biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

Here is my other in-home portable use atsmile.gif

 

 

post #2134 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnui View Post

Hi. How the sound of 8.A ?

Well, the only high tier CIEM I have is the 8.A so a comparison that way is impossible for me to say without relying on second hand impressions and info. But to my ears they are simply sublime, and really do live up to the notion that this is LCD-2 of IEMs. The sound is so smooth and liquid, I couldn't believe it the first time I heard them. There are a few review on these forums that I agree with mostly. Especially average_joe's. To my ears, I've hit nirvana for IEMs and will be keeping these for a long time, especially after I have them reshelled to a more exotic design.

post #2135 of 13917

My Sandisk sansa clip+ rockboxed with akgk3003i

 

I am looking for a new dap for Akg k3003, may be Ak 100 ?confused_face(1).gif


Edited by mahesh - 2/13/13 at 9:20am
post #2136 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh View Post

My Sandisk sansa clip+ rockboxed with akgk3003i

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I am looking for a new dap for Akg k3003, may be Ak 100 ?confused_face(1).gif

the output impedance is too much and would screw around with these. the RWAK would be fine however but i recommend the HiFi ET MA9/

 

PS nice pic

post #2137 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh View Post

My Sandisk sansa clip+ rockboxed with akgk3003i

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I am looking for a new dap for Akg k3003, may be Ak 100 ?confused_face(1).gif

the output impedance is too much and would screw around with these. the RWAK would be fine however but i recommend the HiFi ET MA9/

 

PS nice pic

post #2138 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Its been a while i have not used my Govibe amps...this morning i wake them up again...seems still fresh like an orange juice biggrin.gif







Here is my other in-home portable use atsmile.gif





So, do the SM64 benefit a lot from beeing amped? I heard the SM3 kind of do, but not that much.
post #2139 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Its been a while i have not used my Govibe amps...this morning i wake them up again...seems still fresh like an orange juice biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

Here is my other in-home portable use atsmile.gif

 

 

Hi Jemmy

source : iPod classic or iPhone 4 s

how is sm 64 pair with Tralucent T 1?

what is the best amp for sm 64?

 

i thought your T5P is balance version by Jaben , now I saw like mine in single ended stock   Cable , 

is that so big different between balance cable vs single ended cable in your T5P?


Edited by rudi0504 - 2/13/13 at 10:01am
post #2140 of 13917
@tom
Yes they do. Both will benefit from amped. But sm3v2 is still pretty good when plug direct to ipod. Unlike sm64 which need to use an amp to get a fuller better sound. So that is why i prefer to use govibe vulcan+ instead of govibe vestamp because it has more power to drive my sm64. Result is very good. I get full sound and is very crisp.

@rudi
Hi bro rudi. Yes jemmy has his t5p in balance version from jaben. I do not know yet the difference between single ended compared to balance. Btw..muzic4life is belong to me..yono. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2141 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

@tom
Yes they do. Both will benefit from amped. But sm3v2 is still pretty good when plug direct to ipod. Unlike sm64 which need to use an amp to get a fuller better sound. So that is why i prefer to use govibe vulcan+ instead of govibe vestamp because it has more power to drive my sm64. Result is very good. I get full sound and is very crisp.


:/
I think I will use my SM64 unamped until I get a Fiio X3 in the not so near future. I really hate having to carry around an amp with me.

post #2142 of 13917
@rudi
From my experience..i think the best amp for sm64 is the rxmk3+clas db. They do very well in match. And the good news is...i dont hear any hiss at all. Very clean and full sounding. But i am not sure with upgraded clas db coming. I hope will still be a good match. Oh btw...my sm64 is the 1st released with 112ohm. I heard the latest unit has 95ohm which easier to drive i assumed. You may ask Tom Yum Goong in regards to this version. I think he got his with 95ohm.
post #2143 of 13917
@tom
I agree with you. Sometimes i find my self also hate to carry around with amp biggrin.gif. Btw...fiio x3 looks pretty cool wink.gif
post #2144 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post
 I heard the latest unit has 95ohm which easier to drive i assumed. You may ask Tom Yum Goong in regards to this version. I think he got his with 95ohm.


I'll get my 95 Ohm version back from Earsonics next week. Right now I have to deal with the crappy IEMs that came with my old Sony pmp...

post #2145 of 13917
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post

Dragonfly? Lol

If Art Dudley can use it in a review with $250,000 of gear, then I can enjoy it with the HD800's!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)