Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 104

post #1546 of 15040
I really want to pull the trigger on a NOS D25 but I'm worried I won't really be able to carry it on as a portable device. Can't really fit it in my pocket...
post #1547 of 15040
As Nike say, Just Do It!

And get a backpack.
post #1548 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

I really want to pull the trigger on a NOS D25 but I'm worried I won't really be able to carry it on as a portable device. Can't really fit it in my pocket...

Where do you find a NOS D25?

post #1549 of 15040

If I told you I'd have to kill you ;)

post #1550 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

If I told you I'd have to kill you ;)

Hahahaha:)dt880smile.png

post #1551 of 15040

 

Altmann Tera + DIRIGENT Red Label Cable + Ortofon MHD-Q7

post #1552 of 15040

You guys are seriously making me GAS for minidisc player. I had one way back in the day but it got stolen and went mp3s since then. I just caught myself browsing ebay for prices, and had to restrain myself.

post #1553 of 15040

Nice one ! But does the Tera player really benefit from amping ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

 

Altmann Tera + DIRIGENT Red Label Cable + Ortofon MHD-Q7

post #1554 of 15040
post #1555 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

D-25 D-25 get your fresh piping hot D-25s hereL3000.gif

 

http://www.32ohmaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=527


There were a number, well many, of the silver released. They were made after the black. They also tend to skip less, being less sensitive to vibration due to better suspension. The problem is, is that some of the lubricants are drying up and the unit will not work so you have to take it apart and lubricate the correct part, which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. Also there are some capacitors starting to go bad in the units. Yes they are nice and were excellent for their time and for some years after. But then who plays one cd at a time now and how many buy cd's since you can get hi rez downloads that never warp, scratch or get lost. :^)

post #1556 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post


There were a number, well many, of the silver released. They were made after the black. They also tend to skip less, being less sensitive to vibration due to better suspension. The problem is, is that some of the lubricants are drying up and the unit will not work so you have to take it apart and lubricate the correct part, which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. Also there are some capacitors starting to go bad in the units. Yes they are nice and were excellent for their time and for some years after. But then who plays one cd at a time now and how many buy cd's since you can get hi rez downloads that never warp, scratch or get lost. :^)

the 3 hour battery life is the main problem for me:)

post #1557 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

 

Altmann Tera + DIRIGENT Red Label Cable + Ortofon MHD-Q7

 ~That is a tasty looking IC you got there. Looks like 2 strands of Piccolino + some heavy insulated silver?

post #1558 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

 

Altmann Tera + DIRIGENT Red Label Cable + Ortofon MHD-Q7

are we really amping a TP. It sounds so good on its own and this surely is an inferior amp, in fact most i have tried are, it is also double amping as TP has now line out....

post #1559 of 15040
Criticisms of double amping are grossly overrated.
post #1560 of 15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

 

Altmann Tera + DIRIGENT Red Label Cable + Ortofon MHD-Q7

 

I don't know much about the Tera Player and your mini-2-mini but I'm glad to see you have the Ortofon MHd-Q7! That's one of my new fav portable amps these days!! Beautiful 3D rendering with that amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)