or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 946

post #14176 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebkos View Post


Damn. Very nice. What kind of HDD do you have?

Thanks, it's a 5.5G Red Wine Audio iMod. But the HDD is a 1TB Samsung mSata EVO. Picked it up used with just a few hours on Amazon for $399. Not a bad deal. Got the adaptor from Tarken online who puts out excellent quality products. Here's a link to the adaptor: LINK
Edited by DR650SE - 10/8/14 at 5:38am
post #14177 of 22548
Shure SE 846 pair With Sony ZX1 and Cypher Labs Duet amp

Source : Sony ZX1
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet In Silver Color
Iem : Shure SE 846 With Stock cable
Cable : Sony Lod With Crystal Cable Standard Diamond 3 braided
Gain : Low

SQ :
Shure SE 846 pair directly With Sony ZX1 sound quality is very Good
Plus the Cypher Labs Duet Amp : sound quality is excelent
Everything more balance

IMO
post #14178 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Shure SE 846 pair With Sony ZX1 and Cypher Labs Duet amp

Source : Sony ZX1
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet In Silver Color
Iem : Shure SE 846 With Stock cable
Cable : Sony Lod With Crystal Cable Standard Diamond 3 braided
Gain : Low

SQ :
Shure SE 846 pair directly With Sony ZX1 sound quality is very Good
Plus the Cypher Labs Duet Amp : sound quality is excelent
Everything more balance

IMO

Hey Rudi

 

how do you like the SE846 compared to your other high end customs like the jh16 or roxanne, or fitears?

post #14179 of 22548
The Rising star In year 2014 is Aurisonic ROCKET
This iem is One of Best sounding iems In sub price Up to $ 500 USD

Source : Sony ZX 1
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet
Iem : Aurisonic Rocket single 5,1 mm Dynamic Driver
Cable : Sony LOD With IC Crystal Cable Standard Diamond
Gain : MEDIUM

High : Crisp and detail and very clean With very Good presentation
Mid : very sweet and Clear mid With very Good pronounce
Bass :
direct Sony ZX 1 i heard Less Low bass , it is more mid bass quality
With Cyoher Labs the Rocket bass can Go Low and very Good bass impact and detail
Separation : very Good separation that i can Easy detect the individual Instriment placement
Soundstage : the widest soundstage from Single micro 5,1 mm dynamic driver i Ever heard
If i hear classical Choral like In medium concert hall

Overall:
Rocket sound quality is excellent In sub price to $ 500 USD
I never like Aurisonic house Sound character , but the Roclet is totally different from their big brothers.
This Rocked need An Amp to get their Maximum sound Quality
Pair With SE 846 My set Up above is enough Low gain
Pair With Rocket i need Medium gain to get The same volume
I like This Rocket For Daily use

IMO,





post #14180 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post

Hey Rudi

how do you like the SE846 compared to your other high end customs like the jh16 or roxanne, or fitears?

Hi BaTau069
Shure SE 846 is very Good universal iem
Compare to jh 16 : has better separation and has more balance sound , Shure SE 846 has better bass than my JH16 FP , Shure SE 846 bass is remain Me My jh 16 pro non FP , solid and tight bass and very Good bass Speed .

I can not compare to JH Roxanne AKR03 or JH Roxanne Custom Carbon Fiber or My Fit Ear MH 335 DW SR , it is unfair comparison .

IMO
post #14181 of 22548

This combo rattles your head, damn these cans are bassy, and for 100 bucks cant go wrong with the sound.
post #14182 of 22548

post #14183 of 22548

Here's an update to my current Portable Rig, the Headphones are a loaner atm, but I'm having a pair built so yay!

 

 

 

I also updated my Window Sheet, the ugly Yellow one is gone, so hopefully some what better pics from here on out

 

But JoeDoe's Senn Grado Modded Can, out of my Hm801 Line out to iBasso PB2

 

the sound is pretty stellar! The hm801 loves any and all agressive and edgy headphones, it's warmth and body compliments the energy and attack of the Senn Grado. Only issue here Is I'm going SE out on my iBasso PB2, the PB2 is wired to take a SE single an break it down into 4 channels, then ofc out put through it's Hi Rose 6 pin. So it goes to say that everything sounds better out of the balanced out. Though I'm still impressed how well the Senn Grado does SE out! 

post #14184 of 22548

Just picked up an Alpha Dog (arrived today) and I'm debating on whether to make it my portable

 

post #14185 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post

Just picked up an Alpha Dog (arrived today) and I'm debating on whether to make it my portable



Why not, my TH600 is my portable
post #14186 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


Why not, my TH600 is my portable

agree'd I use a W1000x as a portable 

post #14187 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

Just picked up an Alpha Dog (arrived today) and I'm debating on whether to make it my portable

 

 

 

Why not, I did :)

 

Get a shorter cable made and viola :)

 

I mean I wouldnt work out in them haha, but I used them to and from the station and on the commute :)

I only got IEM's because it was just that little bit heavy/unco if I had to up the pace getting the train etc.

 

That and I wanted to go back to just a dap, which these obviously require an amp, which you have so this of no matter.

post #14188 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post
 

 

 

Why not, I did :)

 

Get a shorter cable made and viola :)

 

I mean I wouldnt work out in them haha, but I used them to and from the station and on the commute :)

I only got IEM's because it was just that little bit heavy/unco if I had to up the pace getting the train etc.

 

That and I wanted to go back to just a dap, which these obviously require an amp, which you have so this of no matter.

The cable length and weight are actually negligible for me too. I'm wheelchair bound, so the cable sits off to the side of my seat cushion and the iPod/amp goes either in my lap or on the other side of the seat. I'll probably use these in the winter as my portable (they make great ear muffs, haha), and stick to my JH16 Pro for now.

post #14189 of 22548
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SE View Post


Thanks, it's a 5.5G Red Wine Audio iMod. But the HDD is a 1TB Samsung mSata EVO. Picked it up used with just a few hours on Amazon for $399. Not a bad deal. Got the adaptor from Tarken online who puts out excellent quality products. Here's a link to the adaptor: LINK

Will it work with original firmware and iTunes?

post #14190 of 22548
Hidden under a pile of files & papers was a long forgotten Tralucent Ref1 :-

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)