Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 90

post #1336 of 14722

Here is a lil rig to challenge rudi i think.

 

iPhone 4 > Bluetooth > MyST PORTADAC 1866 > HiFiMAN RE-400

 

Using the iPhone as it is a nice platform that also doubles up as my phone and of course has bluetooth. Then the portaDAC as it has a very high standard DAC and amp, much better than the iPhone has and does this via bluetooth so great flexibility. So why only the RE-400. Well i am really enjoying them but i am mainly using them as they are what i am currently reviewing so they make the rig and all in all, a very good one ;)

 

AppleMark 

post #1337 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

1st-I don't see an LOD...

Have you contemplated jailbreaking and using the E17 as a DAC as well as an amp?


1st, this is the picture with the lod

2nd i dont think ypu can use the fiio as a dac by jailbreaking it

iirc only some dac is compatible with apples usb standard

like the clas and the hp1

post #1338 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Here is a lil rig to challenge rudi i think.

 

iPhone 4 > Bluetooth > MyST PORTADAC 1866 > HiFiMAN RE-400

 

Using the iPhone as it is a nice platform that also doubles up as my phone and of course has bluetooth. Then the portaDAC as it has a very high standard DAC and amp, much better than the iPhone has and does this via bluetooth so great flexibility. So why only the RE-400. Well i am really enjoying them but i am mainly using them as they are what i am currently reviewing so they make the rig and all in all, a very good one ;)

 

AppleMark 

Dang this phone/hdisk through bluetooth -> dac ->amp -> headphones solution is finally available!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post


1st, this is the picture with the lod

2nd i dont think ypu can use the fiio as a dac by jailbreaking it

iirc only some dac is compatible with apples usb standard

like the clas and the hp1

Time to switch over to android~

post #1339 of 14722

hahahha i do have an android  in form of a galaxy note 2, i just so happen to not have the cable yet or an android specific dac

700

post #1340 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Dang this phone/hdisk through bluetooth -> dac ->amp -> headphones solution is finally available!!!

 

Time to switch over to android~

Yes and it sounds amazing, i mean real amazing! Such a piece of art i think! Bluetooth iDevice and DAC with 4 other inputs and a line out!

post #1341 of 14722

There really isn't any 'android specific' dac as the requirement is not fullfilled by the DAC but by the little droid ^^ Such a shame the E17 wouldn't work however (but I sold it very_evil_smiley.gif).

 

Swimsonny now if only it is as slim as the glacier and gets cheaper OR I get some sales starting (junior jack-of-all-tradesman)!!! In my dreams it is actually a Bluetooth receiver that actually outputs the digital signal into USB, and has the size of well a bluetooth receiver i.e. a usb cap. Then one can simply carry his dac/amp around, e.g. the e17 and control volume there while switch songs on your phone.

 

Or a receiver with a screen, as slim as the new iPod. Then I can carry a hdd in my carry bag and control it wirelessly.

 

Like a Nano that can receive bluetooth signal and exports digital to a hpp1, except open source ^^

post #1342 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My latest iem Sony XBA 40 pair with go dap x LME edition and iPhone 4 s

 

Wow, white cables!

post #1343 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Here is a lil rig to challenge rudi i think.

 

iPhone 4 > Bluetooth > MyST PORTADAC 1866 > HiFiMAN RE-400

 

Using the iPhone as it is a nice platform that also doubles up as my phone and of course has bluetooth. Then the portaDAC as it has a very high standard DAC and amp, much better than the iPhone has and does this via bluetooth so great flexibility. So why only the RE-400. Well i am really enjoying them but i am mainly using them as they are what i am currently reviewing so they make the rig and all in all, a very good one ;)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark 

 

 

No wires between DAP and amp... Wow! How does it compete with other portable amps you've tried?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My latest iem Sony XBA 40 pair with go dap x LME edition and iPhone 4 
s

 

Looking fancy, rudi! How do they sound?

post #1344 of 14722
It's not DAP and amp. It's a DAC and amp. So works like a hp-p1, wireless.

Sound is great but will do comparisons etc later
post #1345 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

I've seen no one ever done it, but I might be wrong. I think it is 'rooting an android and using the E17 as a DAC' rather than on an iDevice.

 

also

1. I think the E7's been working with work-able android devices e.g. the Samsungs, Nexus 7 etc. E17 apparently draws too much current

2. I could be wrong

I believe that with a jailbreak, a $1 app, and an Apple CCK, the E17 will work.

post #1346 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

I've seen no one ever done it, but I might be wrong. I think it is 'rooting an android and using the E17 as a DAC' rather than on an iDevice.

 

also

1. I think the E7's been working with work-able android devices e.g. the Samsungs, Nexus 7 etc. E17 apparently draws too much current

2. I could be wrong

 

The FiiO E17 USB DAC/amp can interwork with a stock Android-powered Galaxy S3 using the USB Audio Recorder PRO app:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1020#post_8958018

 

A list of stock Android-powered devices reportedly interworking with standard USB DAC and a list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the stock Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note II / S III can be found at the following post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1380#post_9064874


Edited by DanBa - 1/18/13 at 11:07am
post #1347 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

I believe that with a jailbreak, a $1 app, and an Apple CCK, the E17 will work.

 

Seen the E7 working on an iPad, but not an iPhone or other phones/music players. Would be great if you have some photos to back it up, I'm sure heaps people would be crazy about it!

post #1348 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

It's not DAP and amp. It's a DAC and amp. So works like a hp-p1, wireless.

Sound is great but will do comparisons etc later

 

Ha, no worries man. Thanks for the info. I was actually just marvelling at the lack of wires between the DAP (iPhone) and the amp/DAC, not between the amp and the DAC. That is pretty awesome, I can't believe it's $895 but I might have use for a device like the portaDAC. 

 

I'm still searching for my perfect portable rig - right now it seems like the beginners' setup below is holding me over, until I source a good amp and DAC (and have the money to splurge on them, too!)...

 

 

Cowon Z2 - FiiO E11 - Sennheiser IE80

post #1349 of 14722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

It's not DAP and amp. It's a DAC and amp. So works like a hp-p1, wireless.

Sound is great but will do comparisons etc later

That's wild stuff - has bluetooth progressed to the point where there's no audible (but perhaps measurable) degradation of the sound quality? Does using bt have much impact on battery life? 

post #1350 of 14722

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)