Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 865

post #12961 of 23636

Just new here. I'm posting my humble setup. :)

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/cr4p/DSC_0155_zpsce059984.jpg

post #12962 of 23636
Just vacation in Outer Banks and relaxing with some quality music. Just too nice...
post #12963 of 23636
Very nice rig..smily_headphones1.gif
post #12964 of 23636

I know some photos are of the same rig but thought I would share the newly taken photos:-

 

My Rig for listening at home:- Sony ZX-1 + Sony PHA-2

 

Rig for use in the car:- Fiio X5 + Fiio E12 + Fiio HS6 Stacking Kit

 

I am now considering get the AK120 or AK120 Titan DAP for travelling use with no AMP. Prices have come down ever since the AK120 II came out. Just undecided whether I should get the AK120 or AK120 Titan and the price difference between the 2 is pretty significant. I am leaning more towards the AK120 though. Any recommendations?

post #12965 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
 

I know some photos are of the same rig but thought I would share the newly taken photos:-

 

My Rig for listening at home:- Sony ZX-1 + Sony PHA-2

 

Rig for use in the car:- Fiio X5 + Fiio E12 + Fiio HS6 Stacking Kit

 

I am now considering get the AK120 or AK120 Titan DAP for travelling use with no AMP. Prices have come down ever since the AK120 II came out. Just undecided whether I should get the AK120 or AK120 Titan and the price difference between the 2 is pretty significant. I am leaning more towards the AK120 though. Any recommendations?

 

Love the setup

post #12966 of 23636


A quick iPhone pic of my UERM with a new plusSound balanced cable.
post #12967 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post



A quick iPhone pic of my UERM with a new plusSound balanced cable.
Very nice indeed!!!
post #12968 of 23636

I just got the AK 120 yesterday and this will be my travel rig, just the AK120 and my SE535LTD. I tried the AK 240 while at the store and in comparison, the AK240 sounds even sweeter than the AK120 but I want the AK120 for its really small size and price, the AK240 is way out of my budget so the AK240 has gotta wait. I used to always think how much better can sound signature can get than the Fiio X5 and Sony ZX-1......Astell&Kern is just branding but now that I have listened to their DAPs, wow, Im blown away. I think the limiting factor in SQ and sound signature are my earphones, the SE535LTD, I am considering getting another pair of IEMs, maybe Dita (Truth Edition) or does anyone have any recommendations for IEMs to go with the AK120 Unamped?

 

 

Some pictures...

 

 

 

 


Edited by delrosa81 - 7/14/14 at 5:37pm
post #12969 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

A quick iPhone pic of my UERM with a new plusSound balanced cable.

Nice looking UERM!

 

Does plusSound compensate for the UERM being wired opposite of Westone and JH Audio? The pinout is reversed from what I remember.

post #12970 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

A quick iPhone pic of my UERM with a new plusSound balanced cable.
Nice looking UERM!

Does plusSound compensate for the UERM being wired opposite of Westone and JH Audio? The pinout is reversed from what I remember.

I'm not aware of any differences to UE cables but plusSound has specific drop downs for every make on their order forms. Plus Christian was super helpful and answered many questions from me via email.
post #12971 of 23636
Nice. How does the sony compared to the ak120 unamped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post

I just got the AK 120 yesterday and this will be my travel rig, just the AK120 and my SE535LTD. I tried the AK 240 while at the store and in comparison, the AK240 sounds even sweeter than the AK120 but I want the AK120 for its really small size and price, the AK240 is way out of my budget so the AK240 has gotta wait. I used to always think how much better can sound signature can get than the Fiio X5 and Sony ZX-1......Astell&Kern is just branding but now that I have listened to their DAPs, wow, Im blown away. I think the limiting factor in SQ and sound signature are my earphones, the SE535LTD, I am considering getting another pair of IEMs, maybe Dita (Truth Edition) or does anyone have any recommendations for IEMs to go with the AK120 Unamped?


Some pictures...
post #12972 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemtmaker View Post

Nice. How does the sony compared to the ak120 unamped?


I am an amateur at audio stuff so I will describe it to my best efforts. I would think straight out of Fiio X5, the sound is slightly on the cool or neutral side, the Sony ZX-1 neutral or slightly on the warm side but the AK120 is warm yet clarity is there. Bass is good unamped and Im a basshead.

 

I was listening to Celine Dion's the power of love and vocals is very very life like, just like I was there watching her sing right in front of me. I thought the ZX-1 was already very good, the AK120 is significantly better.

 

In case you are curious, the IEM I was using, is the Shure SE535LTD.

post #12973 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post



A quick iPhone pic of my UERM with a new plusSound balanced cable.


Nice shot and equipment! The AK240 sounds so so sweet after I auditioned it yesterday, fell in love with it but alas its way out of my budget.....

post #12974 of 23636
90s
IMG_37934430443044304430443044304430_zpsf624b451.jpg
IMG_379244304430443044304430443044304430443044304430_zps96f03372.jpg
IMG_379544304430443044304430_zps76242338.jpg
Vega m420s/Vega st23
Vega p410s/TDS 5m

IMG_3791_zpsaf2ae4cd.jpg
Aiwa rx108/Philips hp840
post #12975 of 23636
Thanks for sharing your impressions with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post


I am an amateur at audio stuff so I will describe it to my best efforts. I would think straight out of Fiio X5, the sound is slightly on the cool or neutral side, the Sony ZX-1 neutral or slightly on the warm side but the AK120 is warm yet clarity is there. Bass is good unamped and Im a basshead.

I was listening to Celine Dion's the power of love and vocals is very very life like, just like I was there watching her sing right in front of me. I thought the ZX-1 was already very good, the AK120 is significantly better.

In case you are curious, the IEM I was using, is the Shure SE535LTD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)