Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 85

post #1261 of 11517

I was just told, so for those who think that the 3.5mm mini to mini interconnect is what I am going to be using with that iPod, it's not (just temporary). I am going to get a new source soon enough(hopefully a C3), and I also have a Clip+ at the moment which I am going to hook up with that setup (not using the iPod anymore due to space limitation). 

post #1262 of 11517

I'm post my portable rigs again... already can post picture... biggrin.gif

 

 

 

just newbie stuff... still waiting for my hifiman and my DIY interconnect...

post #1263 of 11517
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo8891 View Post

I'm post my portable rigs again... already can post picture... biggrin.gif

 

 

just newbie stuff... still waiting for my hifiman and my DIY interconnect...

 

Nice rig, Santo! There's no way the W4R is newbie stuff, if you ask me :)

 

Modest travelling setups:

Klipsch X10 for planes, trains and automobiles.

 

 

Bose QC15, just for planes.


Edited by StyleElements - 1/13/13 at 10:10pm
post #1264 of 11517
Ugh, double post. My bad.
post #1265 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleElements View Post

 

Bose QC15, just for planes.

 

 

They'd BETTER BE! very_evil_smiley.gif

post #1266 of 11517

hahaha... it's true I'm new in audiophile world.... if you compare mine wtih uncle rudy I'm just like a baby...

post #1267 of 11517


First post been learning a lot from you guys!! So thanks!!!

Clip zip, Rockbox'd, 32gb card loaded with all Flac/ fiio E5/ TF10's reshelled from Fisher
Need new cables for all including my tf10's but not sure where to get em.

This is my first Rig and I'm in the process of building a home rig with an 80gb iPod classic paired with fiio's E11 or E17 not sure which one yet. Also can I play Flac files on the iPod if it is Rockbox'd ?



post #1268 of 11517

How a bout a new TF10 custom cable from this very helpful and friendly guys? :)

http://headphonelounge.com/

I bought one of their Silverray cables for my TF10. Looks awesome and somehow upgraded the sound a bit ;)

post #1269 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro976 View Post



First post been learning a lot from you guys!! So thanks!!!

Clip zip, Rockbox'd, 32gb card loaded with all Flac/ fiio E5/ TF10's reshelled from Fisher
Need new cables for all including my tf10's but not sure where to get em.

This is my first Rig and I'm in the process of building a home rig with an 80gb iPod classic paired with fiio's E11 or E17 not sure which one yet. Also can I play Flac files on the iPod if it is Rockbox'd ?




The new FiiO E12 might fit your bill better for home use, if you don't mind not having a dac included. Nice Rig, though. biggrin.gif


Edited by Greed - 1/14/13 at 4:44pm
post #1270 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post


The new FiiO E12 might fit your bill better for home use, if you don't mind having a dac included. Nice Rig, though. biggrin.gif

How can you recommend the E12 when no one has heard it yet?  I love FiiO and I bet it's a winner, but at this point, no one knows...

post #1271 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelli View Post

How can you recommend the E12 when no one has heard it yet?  I love FiiO and I bet it's a winner, but at this point, no one knows...

I was wondering that myself... When is it set for release?

post #1272 of 11517

There are 20 units that are in the mail now for the lucky pre-order recipients.  For the rest, it will probably be end of Feb. or March.

post #1273 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post


The new FiiO E12 might fit your bill better for home use, if you don't mind having a dac included. Nice Rig, though. biggrin.gif

I don't think the E12 has a DAC....it's just a powerful amp.

post #1274 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelli View Post

There are 20 units that are in the mail now for the lucky pre-order recipients.  For the rest, it will probably be end of Feb. or March.

Thanks, I may pick one up as an upgrade from the E11 then! 

post #1275 of 11517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I don't think the E12 has a DAC....it's just a powerful amp.

 

You're right, typo on my part from my original post. Was thinking, "not having a dac included", fixed. Thanks for the catch and yes the E12 is only an amp.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelli View Post

How can you recommend the E12 when no one has heard it yet?  I love FiiO and I bet it's a winner, but at this point, no one knows...


That's why I said may, because I don't know... I was going of the assumption that it would suit his needs better than the E11 would for a home rig better because the output power is much greater. He wanted to start building a "home rig" and mentioned both E11 and E17 both of which are small amps and the E17 being a Amp/Dac. I'm not saying it will be good, bad, or anything... I simply said that the E12 should be consider as he said "in the process" which means considering options. I was stating that the E12 is a potential option in the near future, that is all.


Edited by Greed - 1/14/13 at 4:48pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)