Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 835

post #12511 of 23636
Spoiler: you can't
post #12512 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

Spoiler: you can't

 

:L3000:

post #12513 of 23636

The I don't want to listen to the announcers in fifa rig.  I might upgrade the amp eventually but, not sure if it's worth it if all i want is volume boost.

post #12514 of 23636

hd558's? Amp shouldn't make a huge difference. Can you tell a difference between using the e6 and straight from the zip?

 

P.S. what cable is that on the 58's? Doesn't look stock, at least not the stock cable I got with mine...


Edited by indieman - 6/10/14 at 3:06pm
post #12515 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 

hd558's? Amp shouldn't make a huge difference. Can you tell a difference between using the e6 and straight from the zip?

 

P.S. what cable is that on the 58's? Doesn't look stock, at least not the stock cable I got with mine...

It sounds a little bit better at max volume and allows me to get higher volume levels than I was getting without the e6.  I already had it so I figure I might as well use it.  And the cable is this one http://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd-5x8-short-cable

post #12516 of 23636

Nice. Have you tried the bass boost? If so, how does it sound with the 58s?

post #12517 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 

Nice. Have you tried the bass boost? If so, how does it sound with the 58s?

Honestly haven't bothered since bass is more than adequate for me.  Edit just tried it. At the lowest bass boost it seems like it would be overkill


Edited by mamamia88 - 6/10/14 at 3:57pm
post #12518 of 23636

My portable setup. iphone 5 -> Fiio E18 -> 1964 Ears V3 

I'm more than happy with this setup, hope it stays that way.

 

 

 

 

post #12519 of 23636
Hi guys quick question which I thought might get a quicker answer here than elsewhere.....

Can anybody tell me whether the RSA Intruder DAC/AMP will work with the iPhone5 / iPad4 on IOS7 and using the Lighning to Camera connection cable.

I'm currently using an iBasso DB2 and Duet amp, but finding this is really to cumbersome to keep carting around with me.

Cheers
post #12520 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathi8vadhanan View Post
 

My portable setup. iphone 5 -> Fiio E18 -> 1964 Ears V3 

I'm more than happy with this setup, hope it stays that way.

It won't mate, it won't. Well, as long as you stay away from head-fi you should be good. Head-fi is poison ;)

post #12521 of 23636
Need to post my Note 3>Beyerdynamic A200P>Velodyne vPulse rig. I'm still struggling to find a replacement for my Image One's. Onkyo ES HF300 are no good, same for Focal Spirit One. Next try, Sennheiser Momentum.
post #12522 of 23636

Really digging this setup.  Can't get much more portable than something you already carry and a pair of iems.  I wish I could find a pair of iems with the remote by my belly button instead of by my left shoulder and skip the mic part but, oh well.    Iems are soundmagic e10

post #12523 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

Hi guys quick question which I thought might get a quicker answer here than elsewhere.....

Can anybody tell me whether the RSA Intruder DAC/AMP will work with the iPhone5 / iPad4 on IOS7 and using the Lighning to Camera connection cable.

I'm currently using an iBasso DB2 and Duet amp, but finding this is really to cumbersome to keep carting around with me.

Cheers

 

 

I'm not sure if the Intruder dac has been confirmed to work with the CCK, but the ALO International + has.  And the International + has a 24/96 dac as opposed to the Intruder's 16/44 dac...

 

Maybe email Ray to confirm?


Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 6/11/14 at 12:00pm
post #12524 of 23636
C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post


I'm not sure if the Intruder dac has been confirmed to work with the CCK, but the ALO International + has.  And the International + has a 24/96 dac as opposed to the Intruder's 16/44 dac...

Maybe email Ray to confirm?

Cheers for that mate,

I tend to find and have heard that ALO amps tend to have a fair bit of hiss with sensitive IEM's? What's the international like?
post #12525 of 23636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

C
Cheers for that mate,

I tend to find and have heard that ALO amps tend to have a fair bit of hiss with sensitive IEM's? What's the international like?

 

The International wasn't great, but the International + is supposed to be quiet, even for sensitive IEM.

 

http://www.aloaudio.com/amplifiers/the-international-plus-portable-amp-dac

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)