Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 798

post #11956 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

I thought you said you've reached the end of your headfi journey! Stop wasting money!!

I'm just helping others lol xD I want balanced output to be standard on high-end DAPs as much as anyone should.

Kojaku
post #11957 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post


I'm just helping others lol xD I want balanced output to be standard on high-end DAPs as much as anyone should.

Kojaku

 

Every breath you take we'll be watching you

 

Jokes aside, I'm not so sure about balanced being a standard! I would rank digital out in front of balanced phone out, and have manufactures starting to make more DAC/AMP that can do the whole full balanced thing or tube or whatever.

 

p.s. Your full size is my dream setup. Just saving for the MK6 and I think I'll be good too (until I get ridiculously rich and go for a Audio GD Ref10 :S)

post #11958 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post
 

 

Every breath you take we'll be watching you

 

Jokes aside, I'm not so sure about balanced being a standard! I would rank digital out in front of balanced phone out, and have manufactures starting to make more DAC/AMP that can do the whole full balanced thing or tube or whatever.

 

p.s. Your full size is my dream setup. Just saving for the MK6 and I think I'll be good too (until I get ridiculously rich and go for a Audio GD Ref10 :S)

Haha, well I'm keeping the NFB10-ES2 in my back pocket since it's a simple upgrade to get full DXD playback I'm glad you're considering the LD MKVI+. It's a real gem.

 

Kojaku

post #11959 of 13876
post #11960 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

That X5 looks familiar...lol xD. Serious love for the W4, man. The first IEM that sounded fun to me (though not as neutral as people purport, I'd say)

 

Kojaku

post #11961 of 13876
Been using the X5 w/o amp with w4 and enjoying it
Others have come and go but w4 has been here over 2 years
I enjoying testing different gears but W4 does "it" for moi as far as IEMs go smily_headphones1.gif
post #11962 of 13876

 

 

 

After some weeks of listening, my personal new dream combo

 

DAP: FiiO X3

IC: iBasso CB06

AMP: iFi-audio nano iCAN

 

very very warm, good detailed sound, the nano iCAN with the extra bass and 3D option give my Grado RS2i with G cushion a really nice push up.


Edited by h1f1add1cted - 5/17/14 at 10:29am
post #11963 of 13876
The most expensive portable set Up from My Friend cost about $ 7 K USD

post #11964 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

The most expensive portable set Up from My Friend cost about $ 7 K USD


Are the interconnects forged from solid unobtanium?
post #11965 of 13876

That looked more like modified AK120 with 3.5-mm coaxial output, then DIY Crystal Cable Dreamline coaxial / DIY Crystal Cable Dreamline mini to mini between those 6.3-mm / 3.5-mm adapters. I didn't know adding mini to mini like that would result in an improvement.

post #11966 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

That looked more like modified AK120 with 3.5-mm coaxial output, then DIY Crystal Cable Dreamline coaxial / DIY Crystal Cable Dreamline mini to mini between those 6.3-mm / 3.5-mm adapters. I didn't know adding mini to mini like that would result in an improvement.

You are right seeteeyou
Adding mini to mini from Crystal cable Dream line like This can improve the SQ from every set Up

Thats why i let My Friend Made This mini Female to mini plug from Furutech Rhodium For Me , to add between iem and Amps or DAPs , to improve The SQ


Edited by rudi0504 - 5/17/14 at 11:12am
post #11967 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican2 View Post

Are the interconnects forged from solid unobtanium?

The IC are diy Made from Crystal Cable Dream line series
Cost each about $ 1 K USD each about 12 cm lenght
post #11968 of 13876

Here's an even better 6.3-mm adapter for Hugo from Taiwan, about $160 USD each

 

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/e77251942

 

Your next upgrade should be Crystal Cable Absolute Dream and there are 3.5-mm connectors from WireWorld that could accepts wires up to 11-mm in diameter

 

http://www.wireworldaudio.com/ConnectorPhotos.html

post #11969 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post
 

Here's an even better 6.3-mm adapter for Hugo from Taiwan, about $160 USD each

 

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/e77251942

 

Your next upgrade should be Crystal Cable Absolute Dream and there are 3.5-mm connectors from WireWorld that could accepts wires up to 11-mm in diameter

 

http://www.wireworldaudio.com/ConnectorPhotos.html

 

After asking cableco & other distributors, none were able to offer the absolute dream for portable use, the lengths they were willing to make were all too long :(

 

What can we do?

post #11970 of 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

After asking cableco & other distributors, none were able to offer the absolute dream for portable use, the lengths they were willing to make were all too long :(

 

What can we do?

 

You could get Dreamline Plus interconnects yourself, then ask someone you trust to cut them up and make some mini to mini cables.

 

A pair of 1.5-m Dreamline is like 5K and basically there will be 3 meters of cable as starter, then you could split them with many of us here who should be interested. The tough part is simply finding the right person to get that job done really well

 

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/information.php?info_id=10

 

Or simply go for Platinum Eclipse 7 for now, then wait for something else that's comparable to Dreamline in the future?

 

http://www.thecableco.com/Product/Platinum-Eclipse-7-iPod

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)