Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 793

post #11881 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

Mixing it up a bit today....listening to my IPC 160Gb connected to my Duet.






And the winner is?
post #11882 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

And the winner is?
I like both for their own reasons to be honest......

iPod Classic is 160GB so I can get pretty much get all my music on to this. Battery life is good and it sounds a lot better via line out with the Duet amp.

The DX50 is a great player with the ability to play HiRes files (not that I can really hear much difference over CD quality Apple Lossless). The DX5o will accept a wider variety of file types and sounds good as a stand alone DAP although I find that amping improves the sound, especially with my HD600. I have notices that the DX50 has a more solid sound.....there seems to be a stronger Bass presence overall (a more meatier sound). The downside of the DX50 is storage capacity (I only have a 32GB card at the moment)....I may upgrade to a 128Gb in the near future.

I'm actually just in the process of buying a CLAS -DB to add to the Duet for use with my iPod / iPhone and iPad and this will more than likely become transportable system for use at home and the office. The DX50 will then be more of a portable out and about source for use with my CIEM's
post #11883 of 13920

Recently decided to downsize the portable rig. No more rubber bands and stacks for me! Pretty happy with the results! 

 

post #11884 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post
The DX5o will accept a wider variety of file types

 

Putting Rockbox on that iPod will fix this..

 

:wink_face:

post #11885 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

Recently decided to downsize the portable rig. No more rubber bands and stacks for me! Pretty happy with the results! 

 

post #11886 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Putting Rockbox on that iPod will fix this..

wink_face.gif
I didn't think Rockbox was comparable with 6th Generation iPod's?
post #11887 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandrovich View Post

Its absolutely confidencial information, it is a test unit. I can show only a photo. XD
Oh man, looks real promising though. Hope to see future updates smily_headphones1.gif
post #11888 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post


I didn't think Rockbox was comparable with 6th Generation iPod's?

 

Nope - works just fine!

 

More info in this thread;

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening

post #11889 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Nope - works just fine!

More info in this thread;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening
Cheers Mate
post #11890 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo898 View Post

hows your first pair of customs?




At first, it was quite questionable. It was a love hate relationship. Comfort, isolation and just plain swag and a few goosebumps moments - stacked up against really muddy sound...( before buying I demoed it with SPC cable. I didn't manage to get one. Due to some circumstances, I ended up with a copper cable which changed the entire sound )




Now with the new cable though........... I couldn't stop listening and the "just one more song" syndrome kicks in. I don't wanna offend anyone but unfortunately id have to say this pairing rivals SD3 with stock cable. Only huge diff is that with SD3, the vocals and background is extremely contrasted. Not so much with this pairing





But on the whole, as a ciem, pretty satisfying, although my next iem will be SD3 and the one after that is most likely a TOTL universal. Things do change though and I might be wrong about my plans.
post #11891 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

At first, it was quite questionable. It was a love hate relationship. Comfort, isolation and just plain swag and a few goosebumps moments - stacked up against really muddy sound...( before buying I demoed it with SPC cable. I didn't manage to get one. Due to some circumstances, I ended up with a copper cable which changed the entire sound )




Now with the new cable though........... I couldn't stop listening and the "just one more song" syndrome kicks in. I don't wanna offend anyone but unfortunately id have to say this pairing rivals SD3 with stock cable. Only huge diff is that with SD3, the vocals and background is extremely contrasted. Not so much with this pairing





But on the whole, as a ciem, pretty satisfying, although my next iem will be SD3 and the one after that is most likely a TOTL universal. Things do change though and I might be wrong about my plans.

Seems like you're really happy with these ciems, good for you
post #11892 of 13920
Today I have the chance to hear ALO International +

The different between ALO International and International +

International + :
DAC Is IDevice like iPhone 5 s and IPad Air ready for use

The physik is lighter

Can be charge with micro USB .

My short impression :

High : more detail , better clarity
Mid : more clear and better pronounce
Bass : has better bass detail , but not as deep as Imternational
Separation : better than international
Soundstage : wider , the depth International is better

Overall : SQ has improvement in detail and clarity , wider soundstage , I remember sound character like my Duet , Duet has more balance

IMO






Edited by rudi0504 - 5/12/14 at 7:53am
post #11893 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Nope - works just fine!

 

More info in this thread;

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening

 

But, a rockboxed iPod wont connect with any Cypher Labs products.  Of course, its easy to un-rockbox....

post #11894 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Today I have the chance to hear ALO International +

The different between ALO International and International +

International + :

 

Decisions decisions decisions....

post #11895 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

Decisions decisions decisions....

Decision the color or the SQ Jeff?biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)