Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 773

post #11581 of 13426
Player-SAMSUNG MCD-SM60
Headphones-Elektronica TDS-5M
IMG_3619_zps4876ae92.jpg
post #11582 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandrovich View Post

Player-SAMSUNG MCD-SM60
Headphones-Elektronica TDS-5M
IMG_3619_zps4876ae92.jpg

You make me jealous, one of my TDS-5M drivers broke last night :rolleyes: 

post #11583 of 13426


X3 with Beta FW (just killer) > SM64
post #11584 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post



X3 with Beta FW (just killer) > SM64

I love SM 64 v1 and v2 too
Which version is yours ?
post #11585 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


I love SM 64 v1 and v2 too
Which version is yours ?

Mine is V2. I use the Westone Star Tips to improve the treble and a very soft nylon IEM cord from Luna Shops.

post #11586 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Mine is V2. I use the Westone Star Tips to improve the treble and a very soft nylon IEM cord from Luna Shops.

The same like me , I used Weston's star tips too with stock cable
What is the sq improvement with your Luna shops cable ?
post #11587 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

The same like me , I used Weston's star tips too with stock cable
What is the sq improvement with your Luna shops cable ?

I haven't noticed any change in SQ. I like this cable better because of the nylon sleeving, better Y split and clean look. And it only cost $17 shipped internationally!
post #11588 of 13426
I'm looking into one of those nylon cables for my H3.
post #11589 of 13426
post #11590 of 13426
Thanks, but those aren't the right connectors for my earphones. This is it, I believe...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261396795868
Edited by Change is Good - 4/27/14 at 12:56pm
post #11591 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post



X3 with Beta FW (just killer) > SM64

I tried the X3 with my SM64 (ver.2) and thought it was a little bit too warm for my taste.
The DX50 is the way to go for me :)

post #11592 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I tried the X3 with my SM64 (ver.2) and thought it was a little bit too warm for my taste.

The DX50 is the way to go for me smily_headphones1.gif

Ah but did you try the X3 with the new beta firmware? It's a game changer. Like a DX50 with more weight in the midrange.
post #11593 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


Ah but did you try the X3 with the new beta firmware? It's a game changer. Like a DX50 with more weight in the midrange.

I actually did not. Might have to visit my local audio store again and see if they updated their unit (even though I highly doubt that I'll abandon my trustworthy with its hassle-free touchscreen) ;)

post #11594 of 13426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I actually did not. Might have to visit my local audio store again and see if they updated their unit (even though I highly doubt that I'll abandon my trustworthy with its hassle-free touchscreen) wink.gif

At this point they won't have the new FW bc it's not an official release but it looks to be released within a few weeks.
post #11595 of 13426

 

 

Sunday listening.  I am really enjoying this combo...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)