Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 78

post #1156 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo8891 View Post

 



I do think the same... because I have get PM about that when I register...

 

 

why about my wallet? I just using cheap stuff though... hahaha

I dont think want to go for stax... ><

That's how everyone starts. It begins with a sub $100 rig. It satisfies you-maybe for a day, maybe for a week, a month, a year...but eventually, upgradeitis WILL STRIKE!

post #1157 of 13894

you should trust me when I say you don't need stax to spend alot in this kind of hobby, I will post my temp rig later on

post #1158 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

you should trust me when I say you don't need stax to spend alot in this kind of hobby, I will post my temp rig later on

True. However, it is probably the most expensive way to go, unless you go to speakers. Then...beware.

post #1159 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

That's how everyone starts. It begins with a sub $100 rig. It satisfies you-maybe for a day, maybe for a week, a month, a year...but eventually, upgradeitis WILL STRIKE!


I have been here for what? 2 going for three months ? and I already spent in excess of $500 USD, and I am itching for an android DAC right now ?

post #1160 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo8891 View Post

 

hello... thank you for your welcome...

 

yeah, I do clicking that one... but the comment come out like this "There was a problem submitting this to the server. Please try again."

I do try again just now... but still same..

It's because you don't have enough forum posts, that is why you can't "Insert Image"...

beerchug.gif

post #1161 of 13894

Someone apologised to me in advance about my wallet some time ago now, say about 12 months or so ago...

 

It is a highly addictive hoppy/interest etc and whoever it was, Apology accepted LOL!

 

I started with an iPod nano 4gb, Samsung 2gb, Sony 4gb iPod nano 8gb,

then an altoids Chu Moy and a pair of

Sennheiser HD218's, iGrado's,

Pioneer on the ears, JVC airbuds, Skullcandy's... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I WAS happy with it all and still own most of it, However I eventually got the "Itch" I 

knew would come and needed better...

 

 

In the space of 12 months Ive upgraded way more than I would have imagined, And Now for example

this is one of my favourite rigs, With my 2 Favourite IEM's & My cherished HD25''s - 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

Its what we do when we love our music so much......

 

Haha and even Now Im looking at another bunch of upgrades and some very toxic cables.....


Edited by Paul Graham - 1/9/13 at 9:18am
post #1162 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Rudi's gear needs a real camera to capture it in all its glory imo...^ how do you like the 90s? I wonder how they stack up to the regular 4Ai....

Terrible, I have the proper camera gear to take those photos but I spent all my money on cameras and not audio gear frown.gif




Not the greatest in this thread but I still love these 215's
*Extra shot, I love my camera too <3
Edited by DarSevn - 1/9/13 at 1:07pm
post #1163 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Haha and even Now Im looking at another bunch of upgrades and some very toxic cables.....

I would say upgrade your cans, amp, and dac, first before you upgrade cables. You have all these mid-fi headphones, amps, dacs, and nice cables, it would probably be better to sell all those and save up for one or two excellent rig(s), ex. may it be one really good earphone: fitear, tralucent, etc or one headphone: audeze lcd3, he6 etc etc. I found out I wasted a bunch of money playing around with mid-fi and said screw it, in the process of selling all that and am saving up for my dream 'end game' rig. Thats just me though.

post #1164 of 13894

To be honest, Im really in love with the HD25's, IE8's and UM1's ( Although I may upgrade to the IE80's & the UM3X RC )

at the moment and I know they're capable of more with a better source etc...

I plan to get the CLAS in the summer,

But for now I have Frank ( Toxic Cables ) Making me a balanced White Widow for the HD25's

as Im getting the Pelican PB2 amp next month.

The iPhone 4s and 3Gs are doing well when playing FLAC files.

 

The Cable I won in a contest so its a freebie! :)

 

I am however considering selling some of my DJ & Production gear as I no longer use any of it, Or at least most of it.

Once I get my car sorted and back on the road things will be easier.

 

One lovely bit of news today has made life easier too, My insurance renewal has come in and it's dropped by £700 this year LOL!

Im on a provisional and payed £1308 for the last 12 months fully comp on a MK5 1.6 Fiesta ZS.

British insurance companies take the yellow rain!!

 

I'll get there slowly.

 

As for big cans, I have two on my shopping list - 

 

Sennheiser HD600 and the Beyerdynamic Tesla T70's or T70p's.

But these are for home use, 

With my lifestyle and such I refuse to carry full size cans with my portable rig.


Edited by Paul Graham - 1/9/13 at 2:14pm
post #1165 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmBOS View Post

You need a few posts in order to be able to post pics. It's an anti-spam-bot-thing I think... Welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo8891 View Post

 



I do think the same... because I have get PM about that when I register...

 

 

why about my wallet? I just using cheap stuff though... hahaha

I dont think want to go for stax... ><

 

That's what you think now--eh esmBOS.  Sorry about your bank account too!

post #1166 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

I would say upgrade your cans, amp, and dac, first before you upgrade cables.

X2

post #1167 of 13894

yeah.... I guess everybody understand why we always want better sound... "the magic of audio"
me also, just started my career with hippo shroom+hippo box, and in 2 weeks I buy dt880/600 etc... after desktop back to portable... I'm buying pfe112+gr07 mk2+cri+.. and then lastly I bought w4r...

now I thinking about alo rx2/alo rx3 and also dap such as hifiman or hisound... because my DIY inteconnect m2m and RCA already done... for now, enough to satified me eventhough using standart stuff though... hahaha

 

I'll post more picture later after I can inserting picture...

 

regards, santo

post #1168 of 13894

I don't know what kind of camera gear you're using, but those 215s do look mighty fine (even though I know I don't want them)!

 

If Rudi could take pictures of his gear that looked like yours, I think it'd be pretty spectacular and a lot easier to admire for the great kit that it is. 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Terrible, I have the proper camera gear to take those photos but I spent all my money on cameras and not audio gear frown.gif




Not the greatest in this thread but I still love these 215's
*Extra shot, I love my camera too <3
Edited by DarSevn - Today at 4:07 am
 

 

post #1169 of 13894
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I don't know what kind of camera gear you're using, but those 215s do look mighty fine (even though I know I don't want them)!

 

If Rudi could take pictures of his gear that looked like yours, I think it'd be pretty spectacular and a lot easier to admire for the great kit that it is. 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Terrible, I have the proper camera gear to take those photos but I spent all my money on cameras and not audio gear frown.gif




Not the greatest in this thread but I still love these 215's
*Extra shot, I love my camera too <3
Edited by DarSevn - Today at 4:07 am
 

 

I think he could make apple earbuds look good, they are amazing pictures

post #1170 of 13894

Photos by Felix Speller:

www.felixspeller.com

www.flickr.com/felixspeller

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)