Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 720

post #10786 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari50 View Post

How's the C3 with the T1?

It's especially good in soundstage width and overall smoothness, the presentation takes a strong hold on T1's influences over C3 or equally between them. You can hear the extra refinement T1 offers, tighter low end. I think a stronger line out signal would benefit further as C3 is a little weak in output power, T1 would appreciate being fed the extra power to work with. Overall though for the price it sounds pretty damn good.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/20/14 at 2:35am
post #10787 of 14342
Is the c3 fairly affordable? I'm looking for a new dap, something with USB audio out and memory card support. Cant spend a lot on it though frown.gif
post #10788 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post

Is the c3 fairly affordable? I'm looking for a new dap, something with USB audio out and memory card support. Cant spend a lot on it though frown.gif

$100 on eBay.
post #10789 of 14342
That's pretty good! Can I output sound to my df 1.2 dac with the c3?
post #10790 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post

That's pretty good! Can I output sound to my df 1.2 dac with the c3?


No you cannot, C3 only supports USB for charging and data transfer.

post #10791 of 14342
Oh, dang. That's a deal breaker.
post #10792 of 14342
ak120 titan+whiplash hybrid+jdsc5+ba200:)
Edited by zniper2984 - 3/20/14 at 11:57am
post #10793 of 14342
My midnight experiment with Colorfly C 4
Many said that Colorfly C4 SPDIF / Coax is very good

Source : Colorfly C4 as Transport via Coax line out
Dac/Amp : IBasso D12 Hi Flight Mod
Cable : because the Colorfly C 4 Chassis for Coax is small , not all after
Market RCA / Coax can fit in
I use RCA By Stereo Vox Vespa as my Coax , this is not optimal
Because not 75 Ohm for Coax Cable.
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 3 with SAA Endorphin 4 Pin balance to 6,3 mm plug

High : more presence than direct C 4 , more fresh and better clarity
Mid : more body and clearer and cleaner , more pronounced
Bass : better bass impact and very deep bass body and very clean bass
And better speed
Separation : better compare direct C4 , that we can detect the instrument
More easy
Soundstage : wider and better depth

Overall :
More weight for the whole sound quality , you hear more then direct C4
This surprise me very much , that I can not stop to hear this set up,
Sound so lush like desktop sound quality
Unbelievable
I know Colorfly since 2012 , because of retro or better to say old looking , I had not tried .
Yesterday I just tried direct and today use SPDIF line out
IMO


Edited by rudi0504 - 3/20/14 at 10:55am
post #10794 of 14342
Yes, indeed. C4 could really sound fantastic and that would be such a great match for Hugo as well.

For that recessed RCA jack, coaxial cables with these adapters should work better

http://www.viablue.de/de/winkeladapter_cinch.shtml

http://tradearchive.taobao.com/trade/detail/trade_snap.htm?trade_id=389335287463859

T1GsB3Xc8yXXa2xM.V_020644.jpg_310x310.jpg
post #10795 of 14342

Hello,

This is the first of a series "Music In A Box"

Go Kit - All in small brief case with IPad.

 

Thanks,

R

post #10796 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2muchstuff View Post
 

Hello,

This is the first of a series "Music In A Box"

Go Kit - All in small brief case with IPad.

 

Thanks,

R

Nice set.

So from the picture, this is what I'm seeing (left to right):

  • Havi B3 (or one of its many confusing variants)
  • A...USB cable? :p
  • iPod Classic (?) attached to some amp or DAC (no idea really)
  • Clip-ons (no idea)
  • Hifiman RE-400

Let me know if I got some right!

:beerchug:

post #10797 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Nice set.

So from the picture, this is what I'm seeing (left to right):

  • Havi B3 (or one of its many confusing variants)
  • A...USB cable? :p
  • iPod Classic (?) attached to some amp or DAC (no idea really)
  • Clip-ons (no idea)
  • Hifiman RE-400

Let me know if I got some right!

:beerchug:

Good eyes,

Havi B3 Pro v1

HeadPhonia USB DAC Cable - for use with iPad.  Camera Connection Kit to Cable to amp.

iPod Nano G4 16GB

Headstage Arrow 4G amp

Alo LOD

Yuin G1 clip-ons

HiFiman RE-400

Not in photo - iPad & iPod Nano G6 16GB

 

Thanks,

R


Edited by r2muchstuff - 3/20/14 at 10:50pm
post #10798 of 14342

Go Kit Part 2 - When I go heavy.

Stack fits in Case Logic Bag with phones, charger & cables.

The Arrow Go Kit is generally along too.

 

Thanks,

R

post #10799 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Yes, indeed. C4 could really sound fantastic and that would be such a great match for Hugo as well.

For that recessed RCA jack, coaxial cables with these adapters should work better

http://www.viablue.de/de/winkeladapter_cinch.shtml

http://tradearchive.taobao.com/trade/detail/trade_snap.htm?trade_id=389335287463859

T1GsB3Xc8yXXa2xM.V_020644.jpg_310x310.jpg

Thank you for your info
Do you have C 4 ?
I am confuse for buying or not ? Look so old DAP biggrin.gif
The sound quality is very good
As my friend tried my Hugo , we have already pair with Hugo was fantastic SQ
post #10800 of 14342

Go Kit Part 3 - 2nd iPod is 60GB +- Old Time Radio.

Stack needs iPod to be an iMod and fancy LOD.

Kit used in vehicle most of the time.

All plus charger and cables fit in Case Logic Bag.

 

Thanks,

R

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)