Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 714

post #10696 of 14744
post #10697 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post

So how are you liking the X5?
post #10698 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


So how are you liking the X5?

I really like it, I have finally found a DAP that I'm actually happy with. 

post #10699 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post
 

 

i'm talking about the UM 3x and not the UM3x. Unique Melody's hybrid and not Westone's triple BA.

Ah sorry, I misread then.

post #10700 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

Ah sorry, I misread then.

no worries
post #10701 of 14744

Today's Rig

 

AK100 > Corda Stepdance > ADL H118 Headphone 

 

post #10702 of 14744
The Duel between two high end portable Amos from Japan

Source : AK 120 TITAN MOD
amp : Mass Ko Bo 395
Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cable Dream line $ 900 USD

Please guess who is the winner from these two high end Japan Amps ?


post #10703 of 14744
Wagnus S
post #10704 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Wagnus S

Yes you are right George

Wagnus is better than Mass Ko Bo 395

High :
Wagnus more extended , more clear

Mid :
Wagnus has more body and clear mid

Bass :
Wagnus has better bass speed and better detail

Separation :
Wagnus has better music separation

Soundstage :
Wagnus until now is the widest soundstage in portable amp

The different is not like night and day , is only 10%

These two are audiophile SQ in portable SE amps plus Ko Jo KM 01

IMO
post #10705 of 14744

.


Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 8:57pm
post #10706 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Yeah, that's why it's such a pain to wait for Bialbero Quattro V from Wagnus this summer. More sweetness with tubes and then we could take things to the next level with AA-sized LiFePO4 batteries just like this

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=180&t=3786933

Lighter than the NiMH ones so that's another plus for those of us who are on the road.

I saw In Mook Singapore festival the picture last year
Wagnus Epdilon S MAX SQ is below Wagnus Epsilom S like mine
It was less detail and more to warm sounding less clarity
I don't know why Wagnus change their Sound signature in Max version ?
post #10707 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Yes you are right George

Wagnus is better than Mass Ko Bo 395

High :
Wagnus more extended , more clear

Mid :
Wagnus has more body and clear mid

Bass :
Wagnus has better bass speed and better detail

Separation :
Wagnus has better music separation

Soundstage :
Wagnus until now is the widest soundstage in portable amp

The different is not like night and day , is only 10%

These two are audiophile SQ in portable SE amps plus Ko Jo KM 01

IMO

I have the chance to audition the TH900 belonging to Gavin's friend. I am so impressed with the smooth and neutral sound off the Mass Kobo 394.

I have to come to learn that mass kobo 395 is more mid-centric and may not have the same synergy. Or was it really just a power thing?
post #10708 of 14744





AK240 + A8 earphone with 4 pole 2.5 balaned jack.
and, Full Balanced out Adapter for AK240.


My full balanced portable system.
Edited by buruma - 3/17/14 at 6:59pm
post #10709 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I have the chance to audition the TH900 belonging to Gavin's friend. I am so impressed with the smooth and neutral sound off the Mass Kobo 394.

I have to come to learn that mass kobo 395 is more mid-centric and may not have the same synergy. Or was it really just a power thing?

For portable amp Mass Ko Bo 395 is very Good and IMO is not mid centric
Mass Ko Bo 395 is very Good For iems / Ciems and Low impedance HP , is not For hard to,drive HP,
post #10710 of 14744
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

The Duel between two high end portable Amos from Japan

Source : AK 120 TITAN MOD
amp : Mass Ko Bo 395
Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cable Dream line $ 900 USD

Please guess who is the winner from these two high end Japan Amps ?
 

Who is the winner? I was going to say the guy who sold you a $900 interconnect :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)