Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 711

post #10651 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


Check this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-14b2

If you have updated the firmware on DX50 before, you should be able to install rockbox. The process is the same. It's actually installing a dual boot. You can toggle between RB and the original firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

You can load Rock box now but I would wait just a little bit more as there is a few little things they want to do. It will also be a double boot or a partition so you can flip between them.

Thank you For Your help
post #10652 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Wow all high end DAP are there except AK 100 , 120 and 240
Look like you Dont like Iriver biggrin.gif

 

I would have loved to include the AK240, but it's too soon to be requesting loaners :o

 

I'll likely have a go at the AK240 and Hugo in the future.

post #10653 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari50 View Post

I know you guys have been seeing lots of DX50's recently but...

 

how's the cable? i currently have a lune mk3 and if this is any better, i might change to these :)

post #10654 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

how's the cable? i currently have a lune mk3 and if this is any better, i might change to these smily_headphones1.gif
I can't compare them to the lune mk3, as I have not tried them before, but I can say it's a noticeable step up from the stock cables that came with the ASG's. I don't think it will be any "better" though, but that's just my opinion.
post #10655 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari50 View Post


I can't compare them to the lune mk3, as I have not tried them before, but I can say it's a noticeable step up from the stock cables that came with the ASG's. I don't think it will be any "better" though, but that's just my opinion.

 

still worth a shot as its relatively cheap. thanks! :)

post #10656 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I would have loved to include the AK240, but it's too soon to be requesting loaners redface.gif

I'll likely have a go at the AK240 and Hugo in the future.
How is the iPod in comparison to these monsters of audio? smily_headphones1.gif
post #10657 of 23038

Which one?

EDIT: with a high end dac connected probably pretty close? I'm guessing though...


Edited by indieman - 3/15/14 at 10:32am
post #10658 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Yup, it's the C&C BH2. Excellent sound especially considering the price I paid. Will get even better once I do a few mods to the sportapros!


Awesome! I am curious why you chose the sportapros over the more common porta pros? I have two pairs of those, fantastic budget headphones.

post #10659 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 


Awesome! I am curious why you chose the sportapros over the more common porta pros? I have two pairs of those, fantastic budget headphones.

The Sportapros were 3 pounds cheaper and I preferred the black driver housing :D

 

I'm eventually going to remove the drivers and mod them anyways so cheaper is always better.

post #10660 of 23038

Very cool. Are you replacing the drivers with better ones? Also have you heard the porta pros/can compare them? I love the styling of the sporta pros and also they are fairly rare to see :D.

post #10661 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 

Very cool. Are you replacing the drivers with better ones? Also have you heard the porta pros/can compare them? I love the styling of the sporta pros and also they are fairly rare to see :D.

Ahh, by 'mod them' I meant 'mod the drivers'. I have a Parts Express headband coming to replace the stock ones because I find them to be difficult to adjust. I also want to perform the 75 ohm resistor mod as well as recable the things. 

 

I did plan to remove the original drivers from a Pickering OA-7 and put in the Sportapro ones but after learning that I need to remove the pads to do such a thing I'm starting to have second thoughts. Apparently the Sportapros and Portapros share the same drivers and therefore should sound similar - I don't know anything other than that, sorry :o 


Edited by BucketInABucket - 3/15/14 at 10:54am
post #10662 of 23038

The first ever 3D printing IEM with fully titanium housing: Final Audio Lab1

 

Final Audio Lab1

post #10663 of 23038

What are the benefits of 3D printing exactly? 

post #10664 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

What are the benefits of 3D printing exactly? 
Affordable, relatively easy to use, can build many different things with it, and it's basically a 1-man operation.
post #10665 of 23038
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Affordable, relatively easy to use, can build many different things with it, and it's basically a 1-man operation.

But if I'm not wrong there are no sonic benefits right? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)