Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 696

post #10426 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

Man, I don't know if I would play with an AK240, without a case and maybe a roll or two of bubble wrap...
I don't think id breathe around the ak240 unless I was filthy rich...
post #10427 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


I don't think id breathe around the ak240 unless I was filthy rich...

Looking at it would be enough to make me shiver

post #10428 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


I don't think id breathe around the ak240 unless I was filthy rich...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Looking at it would be enough to make me shiver

these two comments show how crazy the prices of these daps are!!!!  RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

 

 

Just my 2 cents, but i don't get it....

 

 

and yes, i realize i'm going to get a lots of hate for shouting out loud this thought. 

post #10429 of 13953

It's what one can afford, you have your exotic car drivers who think a $3K plus DAP is a drop in the bucket and then you have your KIA Rio (the model without AC) drivers who are completely satisfied with their Clip/E6/Skullcandy rig. Nothing wrong with either if it's what you can afford, pretty good chance 99.9% of the latter will ever own or hear the difference in the Clip rig vs. the AK240!  

post #10430 of 13953

also you have your exotic car drivers who are completely satisfied with their Clip/E6/Skullcandy rig and then you have your KIA Rio (the model without AC) drivers who think a $3K plus DAP is a drop in the bucket.

 

we all have our own priorities. :smile:

post #10431 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

also you have your exotic car drivers who are completely satisfied with their Clip/E6/Skullcandy rig and then you have your KIA Rio (the model without AC) drivers who think a $3K plus DAP is a drop in the bucket.

 

we all have our own priorities. :smile:

True Repli but I'm sticking to my 99.9%:D

post #10432 of 13953

I'm not sure I'd consider the Abyss 1266 even remotely "portable".

post #10433 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceClass View Post
 

I'm not sure I'd consider the Abyss 1266 even remotely "portable".

It reminds me of a medieval torture tool. Bulky, made largely out of metal and tightly clamps (well, hugs) the head. It must sound amazing though!

post #10434 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

It reminds me of a medieval torture tool. Bulky, made largely out of metal and tightly clamps (well, hugs) the head. It must sound amazing though!
It's pretty great. Better than the LCD-3 at least but it's uncomfortable AF for me.
post #10435 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post


It's pretty great. Better than the LCD-3 at least but it's uncomfortable AF for me.

I've never tried it but I have a problem with really heavy cans and they look extremely heavy. They must be with all that metal!

post #10436 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

I've never tried it but I have a problem with really heavy cans and they look extremely heavy. They must be with all that metal!
Yeah, they are. They don't actually seal, just rest in your head. It felt like it was going to fall off for me, which is very scary.
post #10437 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

My gear of the night:

What cable is that?  Very nice.

post #10438 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post


Yeah, they are. They don't actually seal, just rest in your head. It felt like it was going to fall off for me, which is very scary.

If it's that loose, someone like me probably will knock it off. Not that I'll get a chance to purchase one anytime soon anyways :o

post #10439 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

It's what one can afford, you have your exotic car drivers who think a $3K plus DAP is a drop in the bucket and then you have your KIA Rio (the model without AC) drivers who are completely satisfied with their Clip/E6/Skullcandy rig. Nothing wrong with either if it's what you can afford, pretty good chance 99.9% of the latter will ever own or hear the difference in the Clip rig vs. the AK240!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post

also you have your exotic car drivers who are completely satisfied with their Clip/E6/Skullcandy rig and then you have your KIA Rio (the model without AC) drivers who think a $3K plus DAP is a drop in the bucket.

we all have our own priorities. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

True Repli but I'm sticking to my 99.9%biggrin.gif

I think that guy's commenting more on the why the makers have to charge so much for the AK240, for example, not one's ability to afford them.
post #10440 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post




I think that guy's commenting more on the why the makers have to charge so much for the AK240, for example, not one's ability to afford them.

Oh I know where Repli is coming from deltasun I'm just saying what is closer to reality for most. This like any other crazy hobby we might have (including the addiction) if we reaaly want it we can make it happen on any budget:cool:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)