Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 70

post #1036 of 14095
My best portable set up to date

Source : Astell and Kern AK 100 standard

Amp :Stax Amp Srm 002

Iem: Stax Sr 002

Cable : mini to mini 8 braid silver solid core DIY

054a6f672210024e2500ce4a0e704e21_zps4e354821.jpg

d572b851a5d09c8b6fa37c51aac3641a_zpsa0f5b408.jpg
post #1037 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My best portable set up to date
Source : Astell and Kern AK 100 standard
Amp :Stax Amp Srm 002
Iem: Stax Sr 002
Cable : mini to mini 8 braid silver solid core DIY
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

054a6f672210024e2500ce4a0e704e21_zps4e354821.jpg

 

d572b851a5d09c8b6fa37c51aac3641a_zpsa0f5b408.jpg

RUDI! You did it again. How do they sound? Please tell us. Better than 1plus2?

post #1038 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My best portable set up to date
Source : Astell and Kern AK 100 standard
Amp :Stax Amp Srm 002
Iem: Stax Sr 002
Cable : mini to mini 8 braid silver solid core DIY
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


054a6f672210024e2500ce4a0e704e21_zps4e354821.jpg
d572b851a5d09c8b6fa37c51aac3641a_zpsa0f5b408.jpg

 

 

I am with Saraguie on this, Rudi...We need a report on the SRS-002's! Amazing....

post #1039 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

I'll third that motion!L3000.gif

 

And I on the other hand have gone El Loco Retro for the minute, 

I managed to find and dig out my PX487.

Still in brilliant condition, But Im waiting on some Aiwa in ears as Ive lost the original ones.

 

Aiwa PX-487 > Sennheiser HD25 1 II

Music - The Pavarotti Collection Special Ltd Ed.

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #1040 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My best portable set up to date
Source : Astell and Kern AK 100 standard
Amp :Stax Amp Srm 002
Iem: Stax Sr 002
Cable : mini to mini 8 braid silver solid core DIY

I'm really really interested in these earphones, how do they compare against the beast LCD-2?

post #1041 of 14095


Newly upgraded rig, loving it!
post #1042 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

I'll third that motion!L3000.gif

 

And I on the other hand have gone El Loco Retro for the minute, 

I managed to find and dig out my PX487.

Still in brilliant condition, But Im waiting on some Aiwa in ears as Ive lost the original ones.

 

Aiwa PX-487 > Sennheiser HD25 1 II

Music - The Pavarotti Collection Special Ltd Ed.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

 

Nice Paul...How about this one, my old Sony Walkman WM-FX435 with real TV Sound!

 

 

1000

post #1043 of 14095

Awesome mate!! ;)

post #1044 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylee View Post


Newly upgraded rig, loving it!

which yamahas are that?

post #1045 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylee View Post



Newly upgraded rig, loving it!

Looking and sounding good!
biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1046 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My best portable set up to date
Source : Astell and Kern AK 100 standard
Amp :Stax Amp Srm 002
Iem: Stax Sr 002
Cable : mini to mini 8 braid silver solid core DIY
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

054a6f672210024e2500ce4a0e704e21_zps4e354821.jpg
d572b851a5d09c8b6fa37c51aac3641a_zpsa0f5b408.jpg

 

 

Nicely done Rudi. Those Stax earphones have a great soundstage - naturally being open. Let me know how you find the mids. I find them a little too forward for me but at the same time very nice details. Those Stax IEMs are sold out in most headphone stores in Tokyo. Lucky to have them.

 

I asked the shop if they were balanced and it appears they are. Not bad price for balanced electrostatic earphones!

 

For the rest of the community here, this was a test of the top IEMs at the store 2 days ago - Red Wine Audio's mod of the AK100 (RWAK100), Tralucent 1Plus2 Gold/Sliver cable, Stax SRS-002 system, FitEar MH335DW, and my former FitEar TO GO! 334.

 

 

1000

post #1047 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Nicely done Rudi. Those Stax earphones have a great soundstage - naturally being open. Let me know how you find the mids. I find them a little too forward for me but at the same time very nice details. Those Stax IEMs are sold out in most headphone stores in Tokyo. Lucky to have them.

 

I asked the shop if they were balanced and it appears they are. Not bad price for balanced electrostatic earphones!

 

For the rest of the community here, this was a test of the top IEMs at the store 2 days ago - Red Wine Audio's mod of the AK100 (RWAK100), Tralucent 1Plus2 Gold/Sliver cable, Stax SRS-002 system, FitEar MH335DW, and my former FitEar TO GO! 334.

 

 

1000

Which were your favorite? and were the Stax able to stand against the "tough" competition???

post #1048 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Which were your favorite? and were the Stax able to stand against the "tough" competition???

 

I daren't say or I'll have the Tralucent fans say, "I told you so"....woops, I said it; indirectly :p. The Stax were quite mid/vocals focused so for the typical "hi fi" sound fans, probably not for you. However on close and subtle listening, they're a fine and detailed pair of earphones with a wide soundstage (not surprisingly and to be expected really out of an open earphone). I personally feel though they're not for outside use...or if they used outside, in a quiet space somewhere. That hot chick sitting in the next table in Starbucks won't be impressed with Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" invading her audible personal space.

post #1049 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

I daren't say or I'll have the Tralucent fans say, "I told you so"....woops, I said it; indirectly :p. The Stax were quite mid/vocals focused so for the typical "hi fi" sound fans, probably not for you. However on close and subtle listening, they're a fine and detailed pair of earphones with a wide soundstage (not surprisingly and to be expected really out of an open earphone). I personally feel though they're not for outside use...or if they used outside, in a quiet space somewhere. That hot chick sitting in the next table in Starbucks won't be impressed with Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" invading her audible personal space.

LOL.....I have a hot chick, and one is more than enough wink.gif  (she might be checking Head-fi...ph34r.gif..one should be careful)...

You have a point, that is why I am considering the Srs 005.

post #1050 of 14095
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

which yamahas are that?

They're the 500's.... He says with a big grin!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)