Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 685

post #10261 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post



This is the Suzzallo Library at the University of Washington (Seattle). People often refer to this room in particular as the "Harry Potter Room" since it looks like the dining hall in the Harry Potter films. XD

Wow, there's even a Wikipedia page about the library. I didn't know that!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzzallo_Library

 

That's amazing actually...

 

This is the POS library I go to. The inside looks as bad as the outside.

post #10262 of 15041

Just upgraded from F806 to F887...

 

post #10263 of 15041

Speaking of library, I have probably not been to a library for the past 10 yrs. Do we still need libraries since all the info can be found online or from your PDF collections? :)

 

This recabled D2000 is really growing on me. It pairs well with the cap-free DiyMod :wink_face: & also the capless UHA for that transparency. The only drawback (for no caps) is some loss of the sound ceiling on the amp. With the amp on high-gain setting, it starts to sound distortion at 11 o'clock. I normally don't need anything beyond 9. When I do need extra dosages, the one with the 3,000,000 uf "green" caps pushes the envelope (absolutely no distortion to the max on high-gain setting).

 

post #10264 of 15041
Comparison between iPhone 5s vs Samsung note 3 use USB Audio Player Pro

Source : IPhone 5s
Samsung Note 3 use USB Audio Player Pro
Dac / Amp : Theorem 720
Headphone : Ultrasone Signature PRO
Music file for all : WAV
Gain in Theorem : medium
Equalizer : NO

Connection via USB :
iPhone 5s use lightning to mini USB : no problem all the time
Samsung Note 3 use micro USB to mini USB : I must try
Many times to have connection

Sound Quality :
iPhone 5s
High : more crisp than Note 3
Mid : clear and clear and not so forward like note 3
Note 3 has fuller sound less clarity compare to iPhone 5 s
Bass : better detail and clean bass , but note 3 has better bass impact and better bass body
Separation : iPhone 5s has better separation
Soundstage : iPhone 5s has wider , Note 3 has better depth

Overall :

Samsung note 3 with USB Audio Player Pro has fuller sound than iPhone 5 s ,
iPhone 5 s has better clarity and better music separation

These two have their strong and weak point

I prefer Iphone 5s than Samsung Note 3 , because I love
Detail and clarity , for long term music hear Note 3 can make my ear fast fatigue , because More forward and less clarity

IMO

post #10265 of 15041

Hisound Rocco BA / Dunu DN-1000.

post #10266 of 15041
@Dminor- If you haven't been to a library in 10 yrs you owe it to yourself to visit! Most libraries these days have huge CD collections, that's FREE music to download! Not to mention those amazing books!wink.gif
post #10267 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

Just upgraded from F806 to F887...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 



The F806 is a nice sounding player, well refined unit. The F887 offer similar SQ?

post #10268 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijodelbrx View Post

@Dminor- If you haven't been to a library in 10 yrs you owe it to yourself to visit! Most libraries these days have huge CD collections, that's FREE music to download! Not to mention those amazing books!wink.gif

 

I don't have time to read books but you are right those CD's could be interesting. Looking for my library card now.  :wink_face:

post #10269 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

I don't have time to read books but you are right those CD's could be interesting. Looking for my library card now.  :wink_face:

 

Just don't rip them at the library.  I watched a poor SOB get read the riot act for that, just last week....

post #10270 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

I don't have time to read books
It is never a waste of time.
post #10271 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



The F806 is a nice sounding player, well refined unit. The F887 offer similar SQ?

Well, the actual main reason I upgraded from the F806 was to get more storage space. So, I went ahead and upgraded to the F880 series while I was at it.

I traded in my F806 at Amazon to purchase the F887, so I could not compare side by side. The sound quality, however, is as good (if not better) than what I remember. Extremely superb smily_headphones1.gif
post #10272 of 15041

.


Edited by DMinor - 2/23/14 at 6:05pm
post #10273 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Comparison between iPhone 5s vs Samsung note 3 use USB Audio Player Pro

Source : IPhone 5s
Samsung Note 3 use USB Audio Player Pro
Dac / Amp : Theorem 720
Headphone : Ultrasone Signature PRO
Music file for all : WAV
Gain in Theorem : medium
Equalizer : NO

Connection via USB :
iPhone 5s use lightning to mini USB : no problem all the time
Samsung Note 3 use micro USB to mini USB : I must try
Many times to have connection

Sound Quality :
iPhone 5s
High : more crisp than Note 3
Mid : clear and clear and not so forward like note 3
Note 3 has fuller sound less clarity compare to iPhone 5 s
Bass : better detail and clean bass , but note 3 has better bass impact and better bass body
Separation : iPhone 5s has better separation
Soundstage : iPhone 5s has wider , Note 3 has better depth

Overall :

Samsung note 3 with USB Audio Player Pro has fuller sound than iPhone 5 s ,
iPhone 5 s has better clarity and better music separation

These two have their strong and weak point

I prefer Iphone 5s than Samsung Note 3 , because I love
Detail and clarity , for long term music hear Note 3 can make my ear fast fatigue , because More forward and less clarity

IMO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hey Rudi, nice comparison as I'm debating getting a Note 3.

Also, when do you decide on the Theorem vs. doing the Solo/Duet tandem?
post #10274 of 15041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


Well, the actual main reason I upgraded from the F806 was to get more storage space. So, I went ahead and upgraded to the F880 series while I was at it.

I traded in my F806 at Amazon to purchase the F887, so I could not compare side by side. The sound quality, however, is as good (if not better) than what I remember. Extremely superb smily_headphones1.gif

 


I really enjoy F806 which is a player that caught me by surprise, I was expecting nothing special, (maybe iPod level), F806 was basically an impulse buy to play with the Andriod, only once it arrived I heard this wonderful sound come from the headphone out on comparable levels (and in some ways higher) than Colorfly C3, far exceeded my expectations. It now has a permanent place in my stable and pairs nicely with my Rhapsodio hybrid. And it's a pretty sexy looking unit too. 

post #10275 of 15041

Apple Touch 5G to hifi-M8 via CCK.

 

Flacplayer app.

 

OS 7.0.4 (NOT latest OS).

 


Edited by ExpatinJapan - 2/23/14 at 5:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)