Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 681

post #10201 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

I think at this point all RSA balanced amp has the phase splitter. That's including protector SR 71B and intruder. Besides those, the only ones i know of that also has the splitter is the iBasso PB2

 

The good thing about PB2 is it takes/provides balanced and single end inputs/outputs. That may be a good candidate for experiment.

post #10202 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

The good thing about PB2 is it takes/provides balanced and single end inputs/outputs. That may be a good candidate for experiment.

 

I'm just not sure if your cap-less iMod would play nice with an iBasso or RSA amp...

post #10203 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 

 

I'm just not sure if your cap-less iMod would play nice with an iBasso or RSA amp...

 

Good point, but I have both the cap-less and the capped. Just need to remind myself not picking up the wrong one and blow out the amp. :)

post #10204 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post
 

 

received both yesterday...Christmas came a bit late for me

:D

 

 

 

Where'd you get a mint sansa fuze? :o

post #10205 of 13913

i have the booms land db2 also so I can run a fully balanced set up.

I just put those pics up to share my balanced portable cans.

But to add to what you're all talking about, Yes it does make a difference, Lowers distortion/noise and offers more power to the 

headphones, So even in the configuration shown in my previous post, Its an improvement over that same rig single ended.

post #10206 of 13913

My balanced listening for today...

 

The DT1350's were modded for me by Brian @ BTG Audio...

 

post #10207 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post
 

i have the booms land db2 also so I can run a fully balanced set up.

I just put those pics up to share my balanced portable cans.

But to add to what you're all talking about, Yes it does make a difference, Lowers distortion/noise and offers more power to the 

headphones, So even in the configuration shown in my previous post, Its an improvement over that same rig single ended.

 

That's good to know. Thanks

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 

My balanced listening for today...

 

The DT1350's were modded for me by Brian @ BTG Audio...

 

 

 

 

Nice looking cans. Does the  DT1350 sound neutral/transparent?

post #10208 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Where'd you get a mint sansa fuze? :o

 

ebay. new, open boxed unit

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnisher View Post
 

I love this player. The line out is direct from the DAC, so you need caps, but the sound is phenomenal. It makes the current ipod classic sound grainy and congested in comparison.

 

i'm starting to like it too ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

Looks really neat and nice. Merry Christmas!

 

thanks! this would be my "strictly" dap - no amp rig :D 

post #10209 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

That's good to know. Thanks

 

 

Nice looking cans. Does the  DT1350 sound neutral/transparent?

 

Compared to HD25s, Amperiors, and Momentums absolutely.   But they do have their own character.  They are very intimate in sound and have a great sub bass character, when stock.  The balancing added to soundstage and there was a bass shift more towards mid bass...

 

They also take a bit of practice getting them to seal nicely.  They need to sit back on the ear for best sound.


Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 2/19/14 at 3:43pm
post #10210 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post
 

 

ebay. new, open boxed unit

Damn, not living in the US is pretty inconvenient!

post #10211 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Damn, not living in the US is pretty inconvenient!

 

i'm not living in the US. i send my people every quarter to the US for training - so i just purchase items online and have it delivered to their hotels :D i get "free, expedited" shipping! ;)

post #10212 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

i'm not living in the US. i send my people every quarter to the US for training - so i just purchase items online and have it delivered to their hotels biggrin.gif i get "free, expedited" shipping! wink.gif

This is what i do too! But i send myself to the states for work every now and then smily_headphones1.gif next trip is in 2 month and i need to find a good closed can before then!!!!! The race is on!
post #10213 of 13913

Yes I lug my laptop around.

post #10214 of 13913


Edited by Advert - 2/20/14 at 1:26am
post #10215 of 13913
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post
 

 

i'm not living in the US. i send my people every quarter to the US for training - so i just purchase items online and have it delivered to their hotels :D i get "free, expedited" shipping! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varoudis View Post


This is what i do too! But i send myself to the states for work every now and then smily_headphones1.gif next trip is in 2 month and i need to find a good closed can before then!!!!! The race is on!

Music preferences? Budget? Level of isolation? Build quality? And most importantly, sound quality? Such are the questions required to win that race :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)