Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 679

post #10171 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

it looks like the stock cable from one cup to the other

All the mods were strictly internal. We tried to make it as stock as possible.

Kojaku
post #10172 of 14375
Thats some heavy duty modding. Ood for u guys! Haha. Hows the sound?
post #10173 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Thats some heavy duty modding. Ood for u guys! Haha. Hows the sound?

Biggest improvements:

-Bigger soundstage
-Tighter, deeper bass
-Slightly more lively treble
-Blacker background

Kojaku
Edited by Kojaku - 2/19/14 at 9:48am
post #10174 of 14375

Is it worth the trouble though? 

post #10175 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Is it worth the trouble though? 

In this hobby, 'worth' is a very subjective term.

post #10176 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

In this hobby, 'worth' is a very subjective term.

It fixes my main issue with the m80s. The slightly boomy bass.

Kojaku
post #10177 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

In this hobby, 'worth' is a very subjective term.

Good point lol. 

 

What I'm saying is that price would be close to the M100's price so wouldn't it be better to just go for that? 

post #10178 of 14375

the treble was always what bothered me about the M80... just doesnt have the presence. Sounds like a great mod though! :D

 

How much did u spend modding ur 120 dollar headphones though?

post #10179 of 14375

And that sexy sliver cable :)

post #10180 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

the treble was always what bothered me about the M80... just doesnt have the presence. Sounds like a great mod though! biggrin.gif

How much did u spend modding ur 120 dollar headphones though?

I'd say all said and done it'd cost you $50 and some elbow grease. Honestly the reason I'm pushing these to their limit is because they're the very first gift my long term girlfriend ever gave me. I know there are much better on ear cans around.

As far as the m100 goes? I happen to be of the party that thinks the m100 is most definitely a worse-tuned can. It's performance is OK, but it is most definitely not as good of a headphone as the m80. Unless you're a basshead of course smily_headphones1.gif

Kojaku
post #10181 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

And that sexy sliver cable smily_headphones1.gif

Also, not silver. Silver-plated copper. I don't really believe in cable modding except for ergonomics and looks, but this particular wire won't oxidize and turn green over time, is nice and pliable, and isn't too pricey.

Kojaku
post #10182 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post


I'd say all said and done it'd cost you $50 and some elbow grease. Honestly the reason I'm pushing these to their limit is because they're the very first gift my long term girlfriend ever gave me. I know there are much better on ear cans around.

As far as the m100 goes? I happen to be of the party that thinks the m100 is most definitely a worse-tuned can. It's performance is OK, but it is most definitely not as good of a headphone as the m80. Unless you're a basshead of course smily_headphones1.gif

Kojaku

 

I'm 100% with u on that. Very aggressive sounding can. Just not enjoyable to me... the M80 was my first venture here on headfi haha. good times :D

post #10183 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post


Also, not silver. Silver-plated copper. I don't really believe in cable modding except for ergonomics and looks, but this particular wire won't oxidize and turn green over time, is nice and pliable, and isn't too pricey.

Kojaku

I see. It looks awesome! 

post #10184 of 14375

Boy that Fraggler really knows his stuff.  If I ever move to Chicago, I'm house shopping right next door to that guy.  Outstanding project.

post #10185 of 14375

Balanced cans are definitely the way forward for portable rigs.

I agree with all you say about the improvements you listed. 

Ive had Frank make me up a balanced White Widow for my Amperiors and like you say, 

The difference really is night & day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)