Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 676

post #10126 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrpm View Post

Wow, you and Rudi are lucky. These look super good and am sure sound great too.

I went to our "friendly" local store today to try the red & blue versions and see which would suit my rig, iem and musical preference. Unfortunately I was denied a demo as these are not available for trial, but only meant for sale. Quite obviously I was not prepared to put money (considerable amount for me) on the table without the opportunity to try these. 

I feel so sad to hear what happened to you Sid
Of course to buy so expensive stuff without trying is high risk .
Like me before I tried , how can I know that Ko Jo Tsugaru edition is better than my Ko Jo Brass Edition.
If the sound quality from Ko Jo Tsugaru is not better than my Ko Jo Brass , I won't buy because of good looking
For me Sound Quality is very important in first place than looking is the second place .
Sometimes look ugly but the sound quality is excellent , I will buy it biggrin.gif

Like Ko Jo Tsugaru the Sound Quality and Looking are excellent , that's why I bought it

IMO
post #10127 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


I feel so sad to hear what happened to you Sid
Of course to buy so expensive stuff without trying is high risk .
Like me before I tried , how can I know that Ko Jo Tsugaru edition is better than my Ko Jo Brass Edition.
If the sound quality from Ko Jo Tsugaru is not better than my Ko Jo Brass , I won't buy because of good looking
For me Sound Quality is very important in first place than looking is the second place .
Sometimes look ugly but the sound quality is excellent , I will buy it biggrin.gif

Like Ko Jo Tsugaru the Sound Quality and Looking are excellent , that's why I bought it

IMO

No worries Rudi. I am happy money is saved! :regular_smile : 

post #10128 of 14737

 

 

 

Vision Ears Stage 4/ Whiplash v3 hybrid + AK100-S +  UHA-6S MKII :ksc75smile: 

post #10129 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrpm View Post

No worries Rudi. I am happy money is saved! regular_smile%20.gif 

Yes you are right not like me always spent a lot Money for Audio biggrin.gif
post #10130 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hke3g2006 View Post








Vision Ears Stage 4/ Whiplash v3 hybrid + AK100-S +  UHA-6S MKII ksc75smile.gif  

Congrats for your new Vision Ears Stage 4

Stage 4 is the best sounding iems from the vision ears tour I had tried compared to stage 2 and stage 3

IMO
post #10131 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post
 

OK Gentlemen, as a DAP newbie (I should say outside of iDevices) I'm about to take the plunge and want to know what I should buy under $300US? I am leaning to the DX50 however I'm open to suggestions:-) More than likely I'll be pairing it with a C5 and hopefully in the near future I'm going with my first CIEM (not going to mess around with this one as it will probably be Roxanne's or Kaiser's). 

 

With that said there is a lot of knowledge and experience out here and I'm looking for some affirmation my choices here are good ones I'm familiar with JDS and RSA amps but am open to other's ie: iBasso etc. as well as DAP's X3? Many here have heard many different variations first hand so I'm hoping I put my first non iDevice DAP system together that has great synergy. I also realize this proposed system setup could give me more feedback than I could read in a month much less disseminate :-0 However I have great respect in your opinions so let the games begin;-)

I think you should go for the DX50.
The very nice touchscreen and the three buttons make it way easier and faster to use than the X3. And it also sounds a little bit better IMO ;P
I don't really care for the DAC feature so...there goes another sellingpoint. But that's just me.

post #10132 of 14737
THX Tom Yum, the DX50 is my choice between it and the X3. I think the build looks better at least visually, I have been weighing the options and for my first foray into a non iDevice DAP I'm really leaning to the iBasso.

The AK-120 is very nice but I'm afraid to sink that much in before I see how the DX sounds in comparison to my iUnits. Personally the AK units would have to just blow these other two units away before I would consider laying out that much money in the DAP alone and this sounds funny coming from someone who has a $20K home rig:-0 like my home rig, I would rather sink big bucks into nice CIEM's or cans with a nice DAP and AMP:D

Thought I better post a pic before I get slammed for too much text in a picture thread;)
post #10133 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights View Post



AK100 as transport
M8
HD800 and HD700 both with Labkable
(M8 was loaned to me, not mine)

Very nice set up and like usual very sharp and beautiful picture beerchug.gif
post #10134 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by knights View Post



AK100
Magnus 
PicoPower
HD700 on Labkable

I love all your pictures and H2O as well
Two of you make the best pictures In this thread
I saw is not so many head fi members like HD 700

IMO
post #10135 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

THX Tom Yum, the DX50 is my choice between it and the X3. I think the build looks better at least visually, I have been weighing the options and for my first foray into a non iDevice DAP I'm really leaning to the iBasso.

The AK-120 is very nice but I'm afraid to sink that much in before I see how the DX sounds in comparison to my iUnits. Personally the AK units would have to just blow these other two units away before I would consider laying out that much money in the DAP alone and this sounds funny coming from someone who has a $20K home rig:-0 like my home rig, I would rather sink big bucks into nice CIEM's or cans with a nice DAP and AMP:D

Thought I better post a pic before I get slammed for too much text in a picture thread;)

I saw I. Your picture profile That your home rigs are high end rigs
Last time I came from high end home audio like you .
Every audio gears like dap / in home as your source is very important for your set up .
I have DX 50 , it is very good for their price range
I have ak 100 and ak 120 , as dap they are better than DX 50
For save money , I think it is better if you go for the best sq from your own taste .
And for sure you will as close as possible to your home rigs source .
You can read review and opinion here , the best way if you can test by your self
Because every body has their own taste from sound quality .

IMO
post #10136 of 14737

DMod with DIY recabled D2000.....

 

I first shortened that monster stock cable a few months ago, and today I finally recabled the damn thing with Plussound SPC wires. I am surprised with the improvement in refined treble. I didn't like the treble from that stock cable, but this new cable sounds really good. Very surprised.

 

post #10137 of 14737

Nice recable! looks like it was done by a professional. 

post #10138 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Nice recable! looks like it was done by a professional. 

 

Thanks. Haha, 1st time recabling and I just took my time. :)

post #10139 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Thanks. Haha, 1st time recabling and I just took my time. smily_headphones1.gif
You did a good job, mate!

The SPC looks great with the black and silver colouration of the Denons. smily_headphones1.gif

...also good to see the DMod wasn't the emphasis this time. wink.gif
post #10140 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


You did a good job, mate!

The SPC looks great with the black and silver colouration of the Denons. smily_headphones1.gif

...also good to see the DMod wasn't the emphasis this time. wink.gif

 

Thanks. So me off block list now? :wink_face:

 

haha, controversial DMod.  I certainly underestimate its power.  :L3000:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)