I am searching for an Amplifier (or an Soundcard if applicable for following criteria) for my Denon AH D2000's the Price should not exceed 150 Dollars, or the equivalent of this cost in €.
It should be available in Europe. (i have actually taken a look at the c421 OPA2227 AMP, but it seems to completely unavailable in Europe right now).
Primarily i listen to FLAC / 320kb/s mp3's and am currently using an Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe
Soundcard. (I often listen to Bass heavy music this includes, but is not limited to; Glitch Hop, Moombahcore, Dubstep, Electro, and Drum and Bass.
Following criteria should be met:
- Has to have a higher volume output than with my current setup, since it often can be too quiet.
- Must deliver good sound for Games as well
- Should sound "fun", rather than analytical.
- Possibility for "Bass Boost", (in several steps would be perfect) without totally drowning the Details.
- Possibility to use on a 2011, 13" Macbook Air
- I would love for it to be portable, but it is not neccesary if i really can get better sound with a "stationary" Amplifier.
Please keep in mind, i am (obviously) pretty new in this category, so even though i have done a lot of research and know a few terms, i would really appreciate technical Terms explained briefly if possible.
I basically just want to get a little more out of my beloved D2k's.
I really hope someone can help me out with this decision
P.S i have narrowed down one Amplifier which MIGHT be suitable, that would be the Fiio E17 Alpen, recommendable or can i get something better for my budget?
Edited by Snake57 - 10/26/12 at 1:31pm