or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating) - Page 11

post #151 of 163
The Moon audio silver dragon is a balanced silver cable for Pono
post #152 of 163

Flinkenick thanks mate for your uber quick response...

 

This and all IEM cables I've seen so far have one single 3mm...but the Pono is configured for balanced by using the headphone out and the line out (as left and right in a balanced configuration). Using headphones, this works as two separate cable feeds for left and right...I was aiming for the same configuration for iems...can't understand why not...

 

;-)

post #153 of 163
No problem smily_headphones1.gif

I asked someone else about it once and he said there was mention of more in the Pono thread, but I had a hard time finding them.. The silver dragon is pretty affordable at $200 and I've heard some people say they were satisfied with it.

Personally I don't completely understand why they went this route with cables while other balanced cables are single ended, but if it works why not wink.gif
post #154 of 163

My PW Audio Legend IEM cable review has been posted: 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/pw-audio-legend-ii-v2-copper-iem-cable/reviews/13860

post #155 of 163

Great review, cool that you're that sensitive to differences in SQ. I love cables, but I can hear that precisely ;)

post #156 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkenick View Post
 

Great review, cool that you're that sensitive to differences in SQ. I love cables, but I can hear that precisely ;)

 

Thank you mate, it would give a general idea :)

 

A truly good cable makes dramatic changes in sound :)

post #157 of 163

Yeah I know :) With the right pairing a cable can improve say 20% of the SQ - make a $700 iem sound like a $900 one.

 

Such a pity that most people don't 'believe' in cables.. Maybe a lot of people start with silver-copper cables as an upgrade cable and then get turned off when it doesn't improve that much; but especially when you're hearing is not that sensitive, the only cables that make a huge difference start around $300 I'd say - too big of a step for most.

 

For other readers, please don't start a discussion and get this thread blocked :)

post #158 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkenick View Post
 

Yeah I know :) With the right pairing a cable can improve say 20% of the SQ - make a $700 iem sound like a $900 one.

 

Such a pity that most people don't 'believe' in cables.. Maybe a lot of people start with silver-copper cables as an upgrade cable and then get turned off when it doesn't improve that much; but especially when you're hearing is not that sensitive, the only cables that make a huge difference start around $300 I'd say - too big of a step for most.

 

For other readers, please don't start a discussion and get this thread blocked :)

 

People should believe in cable improvement mate. Even with entry level cables, we can make our earphones/headphones (perhaps by a hair with some) better as you said. Also, this difference is more significant than interconnects, since it is plugged directly to speaker. 

 

With 400 USD + cables, flagship earphones would be taken to another level. Surely, I have some disappointments such as expensive Tralucent cables including first gen Uber. 

 

It is nice to discuss about cables  :)


Edited by MikePortnoy - 8/27/15 at 11:38am
post #159 of 163

My biggest disappointment for the price was the Whiplash TWau (new=$525), although maybe the pairing was wrong with the Velvet back when that was my only iem. I'm a big fan of the Toxic Silver Widow - have you ever tried one? My current 'flagship' is the 8-strand silver/gold (2% gold) Rhapsodio cable. Sammy from Rhapsodio gave me big discounts on cables when I bought my Solar so I ended up buying all three of their new cables. I'm going to finish up a review of them when I get the Silver Litz cable, only one missing now. But it won't be as precise and detailed for bass/mids/treble as your review ;)


Edited by flinkenick - 8/27/15 at 11:46am
post #160 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePortnoy View Post

 

With 400 USD + cables, flagship earphones would be taken to another level.

 

Someone with a flagship IEM, perhaps a Noble K10 for instance, is already experiencing very high quality listening. How on earth are they going to get transported to some other level of sonic nirvana, not to mention the law of diminishing returns as opposed to $400 of improvement. 

post #161 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkenick View Post
 

My biggest disappointment for the price was the Whiplash TWau (new=$525), although maybe the pairing was wrong with the Velvet back when that was my only iem. I'm a big fan of the Toxic Silver Widow - have you ever tried one? My current 'flagship' is the 8-strand silver/gold (2% gold) Rhapsodio cable. Sammy from Rhapsodio gave me big discounts on cables when I bought my Solar so I ended up buying all three of their new cables. I'm going to finish up a review of them when I get the Silver Litz cable, only one missing now. But it won't be as precise and detailed for bass/mids/treble as your review ;)

 

I haven't heard a cable from Toxic yet, but I'll add to my review list soon :) 

 

Any link to Rhapsodio's cable?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuM View Post
 

 

Someone with a flagship IEM, perhaps a Noble K10 for instance, is already experiencing very high quality listening. How on earth are they going to get transported to some other level of sonic nirvana, not to mention the law of diminishing returns as opposed to $400 of improvement. 

 

It doesn't have to be nirvana :) Even flagships get significantly better with a good cable, I have many experience about this. Improved background's blackness, note thickness, control.. They are so important even for a flagship. 

post #162 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePortnoy View Post
 

 

I haven't heard a cable from Toxic yet, but I'll add to my review list soon :) 

 

Any link to Rhapsodio's cable?

 

http://www.rhapsodio.com/products/cables/litz-series/

 

But I got them at serious discounts, pm me if you're really interested I can check if it's still available.

 

 

Quote:

It doesn't have to be nirvana :) Even flagships get significantly better with a good cable, I have many experience about this. Improved background's blackness, note thickness, control.. They are so important even for a flagship. 

 

Add superior detail, instrument definition and separation to that list. Bass quantity might not improve, but it becomes more punchy and controlled. 

post #163 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkenick View Post
 

 

http://www.rhapsodio.com/products/cables/litz-series/

 

But I got them at serious discounts, pm me if you're really interested I can check if it's still available.

 

 

 

Add superior detail, instrument definition and separation to that list. Bass quantity might not improve, but it becomes more punchy and controlled. 

 

 

If someone would like to generate a list of cable companies selling IEM cables and give it to me, I would update the first post to include that as a way of bridging the gap between the content of the first post and the current products out in the market.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)