Audio Technica ESW10JPN - Toronto, Canada local deal preferred
Will Ship To: North America
It's with great reluctance but with necessity that I put the highly regarded, and discontinued limited edition ESW10JPN on for sale. If you look at my post history you will find out how highly I regard these headphones... still has one of the best mids that I've ever heard in a headphone (and I've gone through SE530, HD800, LCD-2's, and now Stax Omega 007... my opinion on that hasn't changed) and I really never thought that I'd let this go. So the reason for selling? I've gone the Stax route and purchased the Stax Omega 007 MKI recently, and the damage to my bank account was WAY too heavy... so something from my dynamic herd had to go and as much as I loved these, I didn't get to use them much lately in portable situations. Thus far I was content on just letting it sit and look pretty, but at this point it's unreasonable to do so and I should recoup these costs.
Notes about the condition of the headphones and the packaging:
- I'm the third owner of this unit I believe. And the other two owners didn't seem to use it much. I've owned it for the past 2 years or so with moderate, but very careful use.
- The cups are more or less pristine. There may be really, REALLY micro-level scratches if you look at it with a microscope or something... but if you do... sorry, you'd be way too anal to even use it at all in the first place.
- The frames have developed a slight creak to them, I think it's from the joints that hold the cups as well as the swivels. It may be possible to alleviate the problem by oiling them or something possibly. It came this way and it personally didn't bother me much, but I felt that it had to be mentioned. If it really ends up bothering you THAT much you can probably replace it with ESW9, or upcoming ESW11 parts. Other than the creak sounds they occasionally make, they're flawless with no scratches or cracks.
- This ESW10JPN has much less clamping than some of the other units that I've tried. I believe the previous owners took measures to stretch it out quite well, and as a result they're extremely comfortable. I've used it for 2 hours without any discomfort before. I kind of have this feeling this is why they developed that aforementioned creaking sound though... perhaps it's been stretched out too much... but IMO it was worth it for comfort.
- The leather pads and headband are in fine condition, no rips or tears to speak of. Cables are also in great shape.
- The steel adjustable band has developed oxidization in the inner end. From what I've read, this is common with ESW10 units. Functionally irrelevant, and you can always deoxidize it.
- It'll come with the AT velour pouch as well as the original box.
With that out of the way, regarding the purchase and shipping... I'm located in Toronto, Canada and I will give first priority to any local buyers who may be interested in the unit. I'll probably leave it up for up to about a week, then consider other offers from within North America. The price does not include shipping and will probably cost around $25. The price is FIRM at $450 CDN + 3% paypal fees (or just $450 straight cash locally). I usually take offers but as this is a true collectable, lowballers will be outright ignored. While I do need to unload it I'm not in a hurry to sell it either...
Oh, and what's with the lack of pictures you ask? No worries, I'm planning to put them up later... just not @home at the moment...
Do PM me with your interests... thanks!
Edited by K_19 - 10/26/12 at 8:19am