- 576 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: In a vague and undetermined state.
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 10/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHeadRoom Total BitHead Headphone Amp / DACtagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Open Over-Ear Headphones Under $300? Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get Last post on 3/31/13 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
Sennheiser vs. AKG - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
K70X/Q701 Should feat what Op is looking for , K702 was my main battle tank before and i used it for all my needs , music , movies , gaming etc . And i still use it for all , just now i switch it for AD2000 time to time depending on mood etc
For Sennheiser i vote for HD600 . (HD598 could also be used but HD600 is more neutral/flat to my hears).
AD900 is very easy to drive , but when i tryed it , i had nothing to compare so , can't say much about them , just they give me a very good impression of AD series (and why i finish with AD2000 at end) .
Keep in mind with gaming you are not going to hear more detail with an open can most of the time because they allow ambient noise to trickle in. This includes fan noise, outside traffic, and anything else that may distract your ears. For gaming I always use a closed can.
If your computer is noisy and you live in a noisy ambient , yeah closed should be better but if no noise problem i would go for an Open one .
- Sennheiser vs. AKG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best cans for female vocals? 4 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › denon ah-d2000 headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 or HD 600 11 minutes ago
- › Several OpAmps - AD473JN - OPA2228P - LHM6643MA - ADA4841 - AD8616 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3