- 575 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: In a vague and undetermined state.
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 10/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHeadRoom Total BitHead Headphone Amp / DACtagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Open Over-Ear Headphones Under $300? Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get Last post on 3/31/13 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser vs. AKG - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
K70X/Q701 Should feat what Op is looking for , K702 was my main battle tank before and i used it for all my needs , music , movies , gaming etc . And i still use it for all , just now i switch it for AD2000 time to time depending on mood etc
For Sennheiser i vote for HD600 . (HD598 could also be used but HD600 is more neutral/flat to my hears).
AD900 is very easy to drive , but when i tryed it , i had nothing to compare so , can't say much about them , just they give me a very good impression of AD series (and why i finish with AD2000 at end) .
Keep in mind with gaming you are not going to hear more detail with an open can most of the time because they allow ambient noise to trickle in. This includes fan noise, outside traffic, and anything else that may distract your ears. For gaming I always use a closed can.
If your computer is noisy and you live in a noisy ambient , yeah closed should be better but if no noise problem i would go for an Open one .
- Sennheiser vs. AKG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 8 seconds ago
- › Is there a Fiio e17 vs Digizoid ZOFS+ comparison out there? 28 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS:Fostex TH900 & LUXMAN P-1U & Marantz SA-7S1(Price Drop) 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)