- 3,411 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Southland
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which is slimmest, long lasting & toughest portable amp for the ipod classic 7g. Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on Yesterday at 10:17 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda LP2 Question regarding Amp's Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80 - Page 2post #16 of 2312/9/12 at 2:09pmI have no channel imbalance. And, it's a $50 amp, so the noise floor is high. You can't tell when music is playing, though.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/9/12 at 8:24pm
Maybe look into the Fiio E07K? I ordered mine the other day
Also, I was thinking about the ZO2 and decided to go against it after watching this YT review
This compares the E7, E11 & ZO2 along with a couple others http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-1-amps-compared
Edited by Lurk650 - 12/9/12 at 8:27pmpost #18 of 2312/9/12 at 9:36pmpost #19 of 2312/9/12 at 10:43pmpost #20 of 2312/9/12 at 11:47pm
True. I just realized that. I might buy it from Amazon then, although free shipping doesn't apply to Puerto Rico (where I'm living at right now)
Thanks for the help guys. I also liked the sub $100 amp thread by ClieOS. It's great. I was also thinking about getting the JDS Labs cmoyBB, but after reading that thread I reconsidered and ended up here again asking more about the E11. Not because of sound, I just don't trust myself handling a box of breath mints (My girlfriend or my mom could end up throwing it in the trash thinking it was empty or something).post #21 of 2312/14/12 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Oh, Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a while because i thought it died, my bad!
Yeah, so in the end, i went with the E11, which i had bought from the Micca Distributor, off Amazon. To my surprise, (I live in Australia), the product is still 'shipping' or whatever, and I had ordered it 7 weeks ago. So if you want a reliable service, my opinion would be, look elsewhere; but that might just be me having a bad 7 weeks hahapost #22 of 231/3/13 at 2:58amThread Starterpost #23 of 235/1/13 at 12:45pm
I am listening to my M-80's with a iPod 7th Generation (Rockbox + FLAC) and my E11. This setup allows me to quickly swap between the E11/iPod outputs and I found that I hear the floor noise and it sort of ruins the experience. The mid's and high's also seem a little more recessed.
I am wondering if anyone else notices this or if I have a bum E11.
- Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › It's time for some thing fresh to your ear. Selected as Top 100... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › what would produce better sound ? 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Gah. 'Audiophile' USB Cable. 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude