- 3,080 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Savannah, Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which is slimmest, long lasting & toughest portable amp for the ipod classic 7g. Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 12/11/12 at 1:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda LP2 Question regarding Amp's Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe look into the Fiio E07K? I ordered mine the other day
Also, I was thinking about the ZO2 and decided to go against it after watching this YT review
This compares the E7, E11 & ZO2 along with a couple others http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-1-amps-compared
Edited by Lurk650 - 12/9/12 at 8:27pm
True. I just realized that. I might buy it from Amazon then, although free shipping doesn't apply to Puerto Rico (where I'm living at right now)
Thanks for the help guys. I also liked the sub $100 amp thread by ClieOS. It's great. I was also thinking about getting the JDS Labs cmoyBB, but after reading that thread I reconsidered and ended up here again asking more about the E11. Not because of sound, I just don't trust myself handling a box of breath mints (My girlfriend or my mom could end up throwing it in the trash thinking it was empty or something).
Oh, Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a while because i thought it died, my bad!
Yeah, so in the end, i went with the E11, which i had bought from the Micca Distributor, off Amazon. To my surprise, (I live in Australia), the product is still 'shipping' or whatever, and I had ordered it 7 weeks ago. So if you want a reliable service, my opinion would be, look elsewhere; but that might just be me having a bad 7 weeks haha
I know I didn't get to give you guys a brief impression on the V-Moda M80 + FiiO E11 combo as I had not received my amp, until this morning!
Overall, there is a big improvement in sound quality on my android phone, whilst when i used this combo with my iPod Nano 3G, (through a 3.5mm to 3.5mm mini interconnect,provided with the amp) the sound quality had little, if any, improvement.
I'll keep you guys updated another time, as for now, I have family business to deal with.
Over and out.
I am listening to my M-80's with a iPod 7th Generation (Rockbox + FLAC) and my E11. This setup allows me to quickly swap between the E11/iPod outputs and I found that I hear the floor noise and it sort of ruins the experience. The mid's and high's also seem a little more recessed.
I am wondering if anyone else notices this or if I have a bum E11.
- Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Nuforce Cube Review 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › Frequency Response Question 1 minute ago
- › Review: Audio-Technica ATH-EW9 2 minutes ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links... 2 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 2 minutes ago
- › HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 3 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe