- 3,082 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Savannah, Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which is slimmest, long lasting & toughest portable amp for the ipod classic 7g. Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 12/11/12 at 1:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda LP2 Question regarding Amp's Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe look into the Fiio E07K? I ordered mine the other day
Also, I was thinking about the ZO2 and decided to go against it after watching this YT review
This compares the E7, E11 & ZO2 along with a couple others http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-1-amps-compared
Edited by Lurk650 - 12/9/12 at 8:27pm
True. I just realized that. I might buy it from Amazon then, although free shipping doesn't apply to Puerto Rico (where I'm living at right now)
Thanks for the help guys. I also liked the sub $100 amp thread by ClieOS. It's great. I was also thinking about getting the JDS Labs cmoyBB, but after reading that thread I reconsidered and ended up here again asking more about the E11. Not because of sound, I just don't trust myself handling a box of breath mints (My girlfriend or my mom could end up throwing it in the trash thinking it was empty or something).
Oh, Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a while because i thought it died, my bad!
Yeah, so in the end, i went with the E11, which i had bought from the Micca Distributor, off Amazon. To my surprise, (I live in Australia), the product is still 'shipping' or whatever, and I had ordered it 7 weeks ago. So if you want a reliable service, my opinion would be, look elsewhere; but that might just be me having a bad 7 weeks haha
I know I didn't get to give you guys a brief impression on the V-Moda M80 + FiiO E11 combo as I had not received my amp, until this morning!
Overall, there is a big improvement in sound quality on my android phone, whilst when i used this combo with my iPod Nano 3G, (through a 3.5mm to 3.5mm mini interconnect,provided with the amp) the sound quality had little, if any, improvement.
I'll keep you guys updated another time, as for now, I have family business to deal with.
Over and out.
I am listening to my M-80's with a iPod 7th Generation (Rockbox + FLAC) and my E11. This setup allows me to quickly swap between the E11/iPod outputs and I found that I hear the floor noise and it sort of ruins the experience. The mid's and high's also seem a little more recessed.
I am wondering if anyone else notices this or if I have a bum E11.
- Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sound Quality : Sennheiser HD 239 vs HD 449 17 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 24 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › Is the sound of headphones about to change? 55 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › New Age Piano recommendations 1 minute ago
- › Budget-Fi iem/ JVC S400s Sale, all must GO!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Modded JVS S500 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe