- 3,421 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Southland
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which is slimmest, long lasting & toughest portable amp for the ipod classic 7g. Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda LP2 Question regarding Amp's Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80 - Page 2post #16 of 2312/9/12 at 2:09pmI have no channel imbalance. And, it's a $50 amp, so the noise floor is high. You can't tell when music is playing, though.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/9/12 at 8:24pm
Maybe look into the Fiio E07K? I ordered mine the other day
Also, I was thinking about the ZO2 and decided to go against it after watching this YT review
This compares the E7, E11 & ZO2 along with a couple others http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-1-amps-compared
Edited by Lurk650 - 12/9/12 at 8:27pmpost #18 of 2312/9/12 at 9:36pmpost #19 of 2312/9/12 at 10:43pmpost #20 of 2312/9/12 at 11:47pm
True. I just realized that. I might buy it from Amazon then, although free shipping doesn't apply to Puerto Rico (where I'm living at right now)
Thanks for the help guys. I also liked the sub $100 amp thread by ClieOS. It's great. I was also thinking about getting the JDS Labs cmoyBB, but after reading that thread I reconsidered and ended up here again asking more about the E11. Not because of sound, I just don't trust myself handling a box of breath mints (My girlfriend or my mom could end up throwing it in the trash thinking it was empty or something).post #21 of 2312/14/12 at 11:06pmThread Starter
Oh, Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a while because i thought it died, my bad!
Yeah, so in the end, i went with the E11, which i had bought from the Micca Distributor, off Amazon. To my surprise, (I live in Australia), the product is still 'shipping' or whatever, and I had ordered it 7 weeks ago. So if you want a reliable service, my opinion would be, look elsewhere; but that might just be me having a bad 7 weeks hahapost #22 of 231/3/13 at 2:58amThread Starterpost #23 of 235/1/13 at 12:45pm
I am listening to my M-80's with a iPod 7th Generation (Rockbox + FLAC) and my E11. This setup allows me to quickly swap between the E11/iPod outputs and I found that I hear the floor noise and it sort of ruins the experience. The mid's and high's also seem a little more recessed.
I am wondering if anyone else notices this or if I have a bum E11.
- Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Perfect Combo - HE-6 Headphones and Dared VP-300B quasi mono block... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor SL / Audeze LCD-3 Loaner Program Impression 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude