- 3,145 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Savannah, Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which is slimmest, long lasting & toughest portable amp for the ipod classic 7g. Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 12/11/12 at 1:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda LP2 Question regarding Amp's Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe look into the Fiio E07K? I ordered mine the other day
Also, I was thinking about the ZO2 and decided to go against it after watching this YT review
This compares the E7, E11 & ZO2 along with a couple others http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-1-amps-compared
Edited by Lurk650 - 12/9/12 at 8:27pm
True. I just realized that. I might buy it from Amazon then, although free shipping doesn't apply to Puerto Rico (where I'm living at right now)
Thanks for the help guys. I also liked the sub $100 amp thread by ClieOS. It's great. I was also thinking about getting the JDS Labs cmoyBB, but after reading that thread I reconsidered and ended up here again asking more about the E11. Not because of sound, I just don't trust myself handling a box of breath mints (My girlfriend or my mom could end up throwing it in the trash thinking it was empty or something).
Oh, Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a while because i thought it died, my bad!
Yeah, so in the end, i went with the E11, which i had bought from the Micca Distributor, off Amazon. To my surprise, (I live in Australia), the product is still 'shipping' or whatever, and I had ordered it 7 weeks ago. So if you want a reliable service, my opinion would be, look elsewhere; but that might just be me having a bad 7 weeks haha
I know I didn't get to give you guys a brief impression on the V-Moda M80 + FiiO E11 combo as I had not received my amp, until this morning!
Overall, there is a big improvement in sound quality on my android phone, whilst when i used this combo with my iPod Nano 3G, (through a 3.5mm to 3.5mm mini interconnect,provided with the amp) the sound quality had little, if any, improvement.
I'll keep you guys updated another time, as for now, I have family business to deal with.
Over and out.
I am listening to my M-80's with a iPod 7th Generation (Rockbox + FLAC) and my E11. This setup allows me to quickly swap between the E11/iPod outputs and I found that I hear the floor noise and it sort of ruins the experience. The mid's and high's also seem a little more recessed.
I am wondering if anyone else notices this or if I have a bum E11.
- Need Help on Selecting a Headphone/Portable Amp - Between Fiio E7 or Fiio E11 for V-Moda M80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 2 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Review and Help Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for On/Over Ear Headphones for $150 or less... 6 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe