Oh okay. Thank you for the info.!
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productSMSL sAp IIItagged by System, 11/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Something in between the SRH440 and M50? Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size yet portable headphones? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged! - Page 2post #16 of 215/23/13 at 7:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 215/31/14 at 8:44pm
just bought these for 43 bucks on amazon.
the mids and highs are pretty good
vocals are fantastic
bass is a bit lacking (beware bassheads)
for those who have a big head: beware you might have to bend the headband because the phones come with a very tight clamp stock. they are plastic so dont be afraid to bend it a bit.
Edited by helllooooooo - 5/31/14 at 8:57pmpost #18 of 216/1/14 at 1:36pmQuote:
The clamping force goes away after a few days of use. They're also a bit more "creaky" until they're used for awhile.post #19 of 216/1/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
thanks for the "heads" up lol. i got a huge head so they actually caused pain out of the box and i was impatient, so i bent it.
also I put some small foam pads at the top of the headband for comfort.
they feel so much better compared to out of the box.post #20 of 216/1/14 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bradley
After reading your suggestion to poke holes through the tape. I had to give it a try to see if it would improve the sound. Big mistake for me as it took away the smoothness of the instruments, really harsh to my ears. Imaging was more prominent but harsh. Now I'm desperate to duplicate the old sound but masking tape just isn't doing it. Anyone have any suggestions on the sort of tape I need ? Although the M50 pads are a big improvement on the clarity it loses some of the character of the Koss pads. I've put a single sheet of kitchen roll cut to the size of the headphone between the headphone and the pads. To my hears it's now more like the Koss pads but with the comfort of the M50s.
I don't remember what's under the holes but if you're trying to seal them, use electrical tape.
I also put a piece of adhesive craft felt over the driver to muffle some ringing I heard in the very upper treble (organ music).post #21 of 216/3/14 at 10:40am
$43 on Amazon right now. Can you get a better set of phones for $43? I submit that you cannot.
I have become a sort of fanboy for Koss as a result of these headphones. I worked at Best Buy and finally got a set of these after trying a couple of pairs of Sennheiser headphones. (Not the really high level Sennheiser, though.) The Sennheisers just weren't very nice, in my ears. I returned them and finally got a set of the Koss Pro DJ100s. I was amazed.
After that, when people would come in looking for headphones, I would usually try to steer them toward Koss. They all wanted Beats and the vast majority couldn't be talked out of it. I felt bad that they were going to be paying $220 more for headphones that just aren't as rich-sounding.
Recently, my Pro DJ100s went belly up. I was going to order a set of the Tony Bennett signature headphones ($60 on Amazon) but then I found a set of Koss HV/1As on Craigslist for $40. I bought them and I love them. Saved $20, too.
Still miss the 100s, though.
By the way, when I was working at Best Buy, our employee price on headphones was "cost + 5%". What was the employee cost in dollars? ....$43.
Edited by kleptolia - 6/3/14 at 10:42am
- Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 47 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 51 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations to get me started (amp/headphones/dap... for a n00b) 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)