Oh okay. Thank you for the info.!
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productSMSL sAp IIItagged by System, 11/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Swap or not? Currently have SRH440 Last post on 5/17/13 at 4:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something in between the SRH440 and M50? Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
just bought these for 43 bucks on amazon.
the mids and highs are pretty good
vocals are fantastic
bass is a bit lacking (beware bassheads)
for those who have a big head: beware you might have to bend the headband because the phones come with a very tight clamp stock. they are plastic so dont be afraid to bend it a bit.
Edited by helllooooooo - 5/31/14 at 8:57pm
The clamping force goes away after a few days of use. They're also a bit more "creaky" until they're used for awhile.
thanks for the "heads" up lol. i got a huge head so they actually caused pain out of the box and i was impatient, so i bent it.
also I put some small foam pads at the top of the headband for comfort.
they feel so much better compared to out of the box.
After reading your suggestion to poke holes through the tape. I had to give it a try to see if it would improve the sound. Big mistake for me as it took away the smoothness of the instruments, really harsh to my ears. Imaging was more prominent but harsh. Now I'm desperate to duplicate the old sound but masking tape just isn't doing it. Anyone have any suggestions on the sort of tape I need ? Although the M50 pads are a big improvement on the clarity it loses some of the character of the Koss pads. I've put a single sheet of kitchen roll cut to the size of the headphone between the headphone and the pads. To my hears it's now more like the Koss pads but with the comfort of the M50s.
I don't remember what's under the holes but if you're trying to seal them, use electrical tape.
I also put a piece of adhesive craft felt over the driver to muffle some ringing I heard in the very upper treble (organ music).
$43 on Amazon right now. Can you get a better set of phones for $43? I submit that you cannot.
I have become a sort of fanboy for Koss as a result of these headphones. I worked at Best Buy and finally got a set of these after trying a couple of pairs of Sennheiser headphones. (Not the really high level Sennheiser, though.) The Sennheisers just weren't very nice, in my ears. I returned them and finally got a set of the Koss Pro DJ100s. I was amazed.
After that, when people would come in looking for headphones, I would usually try to steer them toward Koss. They all wanted Beats and the vast majority couldn't be talked out of it. I felt bad that they were going to be paying $220 more for headphones that just aren't as rich-sounding.
Recently, my Pro DJ100s went belly up. I was going to order a set of the Tony Bennett signature headphones ($60 on Amazon) but then I found a set of Koss HV/1As on Craigslist for $40. I bought them and I love them. Saved $20, too.
Still miss the 100s, though.
By the way, when I was working at Best Buy, our employee price on headphones was "cost + 5%". What was the employee cost in dollars? ....$43.
Edited by kleptolia - 6/3/14 at 10:42am
Just tried the BT540i pads with my DJ200 as the pads are much higher quality. Unfortunately no joy. Although the quality is better and comfort a vast improvement on the DJ200 the sound is harsh. M50's still the most comfortable but I prefer the sound signature on the Koss pads. With the M50 pads they sound similar to my Sony V6. The quality is improved with the M50 pads but it loses that warm signature a little. I use the X1's (with the X2 cable to improve bass which it should have been first time around ) If I need to listen to music but the DJ200 with stock pads for vocals and movies.
- Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info... 2 minutes ago
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 6 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2