Oh okay. Thank you for the info.!
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productSMSL sAp IIItagged by System, 11/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Swap or not? Currently have SRH440 Last post on 5/17/13 at 4:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something in between the SRH440 and M50? Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. I can...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged! - Page 2post #16 of 225/23/13 at 7:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 225/31/14 at 8:44pm
just bought these for 43 bucks on amazon.
the mids and highs are pretty good
vocals are fantastic
bass is a bit lacking (beware bassheads)
for those who have a big head: beware you might have to bend the headband because the phones come with a very tight clamp stock. they are plastic so dont be afraid to bend it a bit.
Edited by helllooooooo - 5/31/14 at 8:57pmpost #18 of 226/1/14 at 1:36pmQuote:
The clamping force goes away after a few days of use. They're also a bit more "creaky" until they're used for awhile.post #19 of 226/1/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
thanks for the "heads" up lol. i got a huge head so they actually caused pain out of the box and i was impatient, so i bent it.
also I put some small foam pads at the top of the headband for comfort.
they feel so much better compared to out of the box.post #20 of 226/1/14 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bradley
After reading your suggestion to poke holes through the tape. I had to give it a try to see if it would improve the sound. Big mistake for me as it took away the smoothness of the instruments, really harsh to my ears. Imaging was more prominent but harsh. Now I'm desperate to duplicate the old sound but masking tape just isn't doing it. Anyone have any suggestions on the sort of tape I need ? Although the M50 pads are a big improvement on the clarity it loses some of the character of the Koss pads. I've put a single sheet of kitchen roll cut to the size of the headphone between the headphone and the pads. To my hears it's now more like the Koss pads but with the comfort of the M50s.
I don't remember what's under the holes but if you're trying to seal them, use electrical tape.
I also put a piece of adhesive craft felt over the driver to muffle some ringing I heard in the very upper treble (organ music).post #21 of 226/3/14 at 10:40am
$43 on Amazon right now. Can you get a better set of phones for $43? I submit that you cannot.
I have become a sort of fanboy for Koss as a result of these headphones. I worked at Best Buy and finally got a set of these after trying a couple of pairs of Sennheiser headphones. (Not the really high level Sennheiser, though.) The Sennheisers just weren't very nice, in my ears. I returned them and finally got a set of the Koss Pro DJ100s. I was amazed.
After that, when people would come in looking for headphones, I would usually try to steer them toward Koss. They all wanted Beats and the vast majority couldn't be talked out of it. I felt bad that they were going to be paying $220 more for headphones that just aren't as rich-sounding.
Recently, my Pro DJ100s went belly up. I was going to order a set of the Tony Bennett signature headphones ($60 on Amazon) but then I found a set of Koss HV/1As on Craigslist for $40. I bought them and I love them. Saved $20, too.
Still miss the 100s, though.
By the way, when I was working at Best Buy, our employee price on headphones was "cost + 5%". What was the employee cost in dollars? ....$43.
Edited by kleptolia - 6/3/14 at 10:42ampost #22 of 222/7/15 at 7:57am
Just tried the BT540i pads with my DJ200 as the pads are much higher quality. Unfortunately no joy. Although the quality is better and comfort a vast improvement on the DJ200 the sound is harsh. M50's still the most comfortable but I prefer the sound signature on the Koss pads. With the M50 pads they sound similar to my Sony V6. The quality is improved with the M50 pads but it loses that warm signature a little. I use the X1's (with the X2 cable to improve bass which it should have been first time around ) If I need to listen to music but the DJ200 with stock pads for vocals and movies.
- Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › What's the best USB audio cable for the money? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)