Oh okay. Thank you for the info.!
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/1/12
- productSMSL sAp IIItagged by System, 11/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Swap or not? Currently have SRH440 Last post on 5/17/13 at 4:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something in between the SRH440 and M50? Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat headphones and I've heard many of the best flat headphones...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged! - Page 2post #16 of 225/23/13 at 7:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 225/31/14 at 8:44pm
just bought these for 43 bucks on amazon.
the mids and highs are pretty good
vocals are fantastic
bass is a bit lacking (beware bassheads)
for those who have a big head: beware you might have to bend the headband because the phones come with a very tight clamp stock. they are plastic so dont be afraid to bend it a bit.
Edited by helllooooooo - 5/31/14 at 8:57pmpost #18 of 226/1/14 at 1:36pmQuote:
The clamping force goes away after a few days of use. They're also a bit more "creaky" until they're used for awhile.post #19 of 226/1/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
thanks for the "heads" up lol. i got a huge head so they actually caused pain out of the box and i was impatient, so i bent it.
also I put some small foam pads at the top of the headband for comfort.
they feel so much better compared to out of the box.post #20 of 226/1/14 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bradley
After reading your suggestion to poke holes through the tape. I had to give it a try to see if it would improve the sound. Big mistake for me as it took away the smoothness of the instruments, really harsh to my ears. Imaging was more prominent but harsh. Now I'm desperate to duplicate the old sound but masking tape just isn't doing it. Anyone have any suggestions on the sort of tape I need ? Although the M50 pads are a big improvement on the clarity it loses some of the character of the Koss pads. I've put a single sheet of kitchen roll cut to the size of the headphone between the headphone and the pads. To my hears it's now more like the Koss pads but with the comfort of the M50s.
I don't remember what's under the holes but if you're trying to seal them, use electrical tape.
I also put a piece of adhesive craft felt over the driver to muffle some ringing I heard in the very upper treble (organ music).post #21 of 226/3/14 at 10:40am
$43 on Amazon right now. Can you get a better set of phones for $43? I submit that you cannot.
I have become a sort of fanboy for Koss as a result of these headphones. I worked at Best Buy and finally got a set of these after trying a couple of pairs of Sennheiser headphones. (Not the really high level Sennheiser, though.) The Sennheisers just weren't very nice, in my ears. I returned them and finally got a set of the Koss Pro DJ100s. I was amazed.
After that, when people would come in looking for headphones, I would usually try to steer them toward Koss. They all wanted Beats and the vast majority couldn't be talked out of it. I felt bad that they were going to be paying $220 more for headphones that just aren't as rich-sounding.
Recently, my Pro DJ100s went belly up. I was going to order a set of the Tony Bennett signature headphones ($60 on Amazon) but then I found a set of Koss HV/1As on Craigslist for $40. I bought them and I love them. Saved $20, too.
Still miss the 100s, though.
By the way, when I was working at Best Buy, our employee price on headphones was "cost + 5%". What was the employee cost in dollars? ....$43.
Edited by kleptolia - 6/3/14 at 10:42ampost #22 of 222/7/15 at 7:57am
Just tried the BT540i pads with my DJ200 as the pads are much higher quality. Unfortunately no joy. Although the quality is better and comfort a vast improvement on the DJ200 the sound is harsh. M50's still the most comfortable but I prefer the sound signature on the Koss pads. With the M50 pads they sound similar to my Sony V6. The quality is improved with the M50 pads but it loses that warm signature a little. I use the X1's (with the X2 cable to improve bass which it should have been first time around ) If I need to listen to music but the DJ200 with stock pads for vocals and movies.
- Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones or IEMS for melodic death metal under 150usd 39 seconds ago
- › TTVJ SLIM PORTABLE AMP (NON DAC) GREAT SHAPE ORIGINAL OWNER! 50 seconds ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › On-ear headphones around $200 2 minutes ago
- › AQ Dragonfly Red /w USB OTG Cable 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...