So I'm looking for a new desktop tube amp for around 500-650 US dollars to power my HD 650s and I was wondering which one of these two would do a better job? I've read a lot of reviews praising the synergy between the Lf 339 and hd 650s but the sketchy chinese website kinda freaks me out. On the other hand the woo audio seems to have great build quality but I haven't read about how they sound with the hd 650. So has anyone here owned both and know which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS/FT: Woo Audio WA6 Black. Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:47pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- woo wa6 weird sound until tubes warm up Last post on 11/10/13 at 6:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Sophia Princess 274b rectifier in good condition & some other good upgrade tubes for WA6 Last post on 10/26/13 at 7:22am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The WA6 should be alright:
If you want to save money, take a look at the bottlehead crack.
Edited by fabio-fi - 10/25/12 at 9:45pm
Well i Own a LF339 and a WA6SE...imo i love my LF339 more than my WA6SE for my HD650..
So for HD650 Go for LF339 or Crack
It is an old thread but then, why not.
Keph, or anyone else in this matter, you know the HE-500 with the LaFigaro 339 and the Woo Audio WA6SE. Which would be your preference and why? What do you think about the Bottlehead S.E.X.?
Edited by Acapella11 - 2/4/13 at 2:40pm
You mean WA6SE right?
Keph didn't want to say it out loud on the boards but he found the HE500 to sound better with the 339 :)
I dont know why but that 339 seems to be calling my name!! I'm thinking of getting the HE-500 and just use my SS plug on my tube DAC/Pre until I can afford the 339. Will the 339 with the right tubes cure my upgraditis when paired with the HE-500's????
- La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › $150~170 Closed Balanced/Neutral Headphones? 36 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 42 seconds ago
- › REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM 1 minute ago
- › Opening the AKG K701's help? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro or DT770 Pro? 4 minutes ago
- › THE BHSE DEPRESSED AWAITING DELIVERY THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3