So I'm looking for a new desktop tube amp for around 500-650 US dollars to power my HD 650s and I was wondering which one of these two would do a better job? I've read a lot of reviews praising the synergy between the Lf 339 and hd 650s but the sketchy chinese website kinda freaks me out. On the other hand the woo audio seems to have great build quality but I haven't read about how they sound with the hd 650. So has anyone here owned both and know which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS/FT: Woo Audio WA6 Black. Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:47pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- woo wa6 weird sound until tubes warm up Last post on 11/10/13 at 6:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Sophia Princess 274b rectifier in good condition & some other good upgrade tubes for WA6 Last post on 10/26/13 at 7:22am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
I am going to just stick with a written review for this little gem as others have already done an admirable job of photographing this IEM and all of it's accessories in all their glory. When my...
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The WA6 should be alright:
If you want to save money, take a look at the bottlehead crack.
Edited by fabio-fi - 10/25/12 at 9:45pm
Well i Own a LF339 and a WA6SE...imo i love my LF339 more than my WA6SE for my HD650..
So for HD650 Go for LF339 or Crack
It is an old thread but then, why not.
Keph, or anyone else in this matter, you know the HE-500 with the LaFigaro 339 and the Woo Audio WA6SE. Which would be your preference and why? What do you think about the Bottlehead S.E.X.?
Edited by Acapella11 - 2/4/13 at 2:40pm
You mean WA6SE right?
Keph didn't want to say it out loud on the boards but he found the HE500 to sound better with the 339 :)
I dont know why but that 339 seems to be calling my name!! I'm thinking of getting the HE-500 and just use my SS plug on my tube DAC/Pre until I can afford the 339. Will the 339 with the right tubes cure my upgraditis when paired with the HE-500's????
- La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 5 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Looking for some good, comfortable, over ear headphones for about £120 45 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for orchestral/cinematic music for ~$400? 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Is clicking/popping on dac normal? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer 7 minutes ago
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)