So I'm looking for a new desktop tube amp for around 500-650 US dollars to power my HD 650s and I was wondering which one of these two would do a better job? I've read a lot of reviews praising the synergy between the Lf 339 and hd 650s but the sketchy chinese website kinda freaks me out. On the other hand the woo audio seems to have great build quality but I haven't read about how they sound with the hd 650. So has anyone here owned both and know which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS/FT: Woo Audio WA6 Black. Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:47pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- woo wa6 weird sound until tubes warm up Last post on 11/10/13 at 6:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Sophia Princess 274b rectifier in good condition & some other good upgrade tubes for WA6 Last post on 10/26/13 at 7:22am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The WA6 should be alright:
If you want to save money, take a look at the bottlehead crack.
Edited by fabio-fi - 10/25/12 at 9:45pm
Well i Own a LF339 and a WA6SE...imo i love my LF339 more than my WA6SE for my HD650..
So for HD650 Go for LF339 or Crack
It is an old thread but then, why not.
Keph, or anyone else in this matter, you know the HE-500 with the LaFigaro 339 and the Woo Audio WA6SE. Which would be your preference and why? What do you think about the Bottlehead S.E.X.?
Edited by Acapella11 - 2/4/13 at 2:40pm
You mean WA6SE right?
Keph didn't want to say it out loud on the boards but he found the HE500 to sound better with the 339 :)
I dont know why but that 339 seems to be calling my name!! I'm thinking of getting the HE-500 and just use my SS plug on my tube DAC/Pre until I can afford the 339. Will the 339 with the right tubes cure my upgraditis when paired with the HE-500's????
- La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 10 seconds ago
- › Destiny 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Don't like big "Sennheiser" word on 600\650 headband? Erase it! 3 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)