So I'm looking for a new desktop tube amp for around 500-650 US dollars to power my HD 650s and I was wondering which one of these two would do a better job? I've read a lot of reviews praising the synergy between the Lf 339 and hd 650s but the sketchy chinese website kinda freaks me out. On the other hand the woo audio seems to have great build quality but I haven't read about how they sound with the hd 650. So has anyone here owned both and know which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for $500 and below? Last post on 1/30/13 at 2:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS/FT: Woo Audio WA6 Black. Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:47pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- woo wa6 weird sound until tubes warm up Last post on 11/10/13 at 6:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Sophia Princess 274b rectifier in good condition & some other good upgrade tubes for WA6 Last post on 10/26/13 at 7:22am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The WA6 should be alright:
If you want to save money, take a look at the bottlehead crack.
Edited by fabio-fi - 10/25/12 at 9:45pm
Well i Own a LF339 and a WA6SE...imo i love my LF339 more than my WA6SE for my HD650..
So for HD650 Go for LF339 or Crack
It is an old thread but then, why not.
Keph, or anyone else in this matter, you know the HE-500 with the LaFigaro 339 and the Woo Audio WA6SE. Which would be your preference and why? What do you think about the Bottlehead S.E.X.?
Edited by Acapella11 - 2/4/13 at 2:40pm
You mean WA6SE right?
Keph didn't want to say it out loud on the boards but he found the HE500 to sound better with the 339 :)
I dont know why but that 339 seems to be calling my name!! I'm thinking of getting the HE-500 and just use my SS plug on my tube DAC/Pre until I can afford the 339. Will the 339 with the right tubes cure my upgraditis when paired with the HE-500's????
- La Figaro 339 or woo audio wa6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 32 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-A20 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2