I am absoulutely beginner in this area and i have owned koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 and my question is that i do not find any difference in sound between these two headphones??What should be the next upgrade from these headphones??
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- upgrade from portapros? Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one of these headphones would match my requirement? :) Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I am in need of a full size headphones around 50 $ price range Last post on 7/7/12 at 4:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interested in buying the Grado SR60i next month, and have a few questions. Last post on 3/11/12 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The XB500's sound the same as the PortaPro's!? O.o
na they dont sound anything alike, the xb500's are basically just pure unadulterated bass and nothing else. just a wall of bass lol
the portapros have alot of bass as well but not in the same realm as the xb500. the portapros also have much tighter cleaner bass and have actual highs and some mids, also they're easy as hell to mod to get the signature you want with minimal fuss.
portapros are open, xb500's are closed
portapros are supra aural, xb500's are circumaural
portapros are also way more portable
Well I actually own both the Sony XB500 and the Koss Porta Pros and I do think that they sound quite similar, in fact, I feel that the mids and highs of the Koss Porta Pros are slightly more muffled (could be due to the foam earpads), while the XB500's drivers are nearly exposed. But as for an upgrade, maybe you should consider getting Grados SR-80i. Grados SR-80i have a better soundstage than the closed circumaural XB500. Since you have the XB500 and Porta Pros, you might be a basshead, and the SR-80i's bass wouldn't disappoint you, but not overpowering at the same time.
Thank you guys for the suggestion.After reading through a lot of threads and going through lot of reviews i recently ordered SENHEISER HD 598 and hoping it will be delivered within 5 working days.I have also heard abt a lot of good things abt grado sr 60i and 80 i but i decided to go for SENHEISER HD 598 but i dont know how it sounds.Is it a wise upgrade from xb500 and koss portapro or should i again have to save some bucks to go for Grado headphones??
Edited by sulachhan - 11/18/12 at 2:29pm
- Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 12 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › Questyle CAS192D DAC Impressions and Discussion 31 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Lightly Used - Mint Condition 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › Classical only ... Akg 712 / Shure 1840 / HD 600&650 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)