I am absoulutely beginner in this area and i have owned koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 and my question is that i do not find any difference in sound between these two headphones??What should be the next upgrade from these headphones??
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- upgrade from portapros? Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one of these headphones would match my requirement? :) Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I am in need of a full size headphones around 50 $ price range Last post on 7/7/12 at 4:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interested in buying the Grado SR60i next month, and have a few questions. Last post on 3/11/12 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The XB500's sound the same as the PortaPro's!? O.o
na they dont sound anything alike, the xb500's are basically just pure unadulterated bass and nothing else. just a wall of bass lol
the portapros have alot of bass as well but not in the same realm as the xb500. the portapros also have much tighter cleaner bass and have actual highs and some mids, also they're easy as hell to mod to get the signature you want with minimal fuss.
portapros are open, xb500's are closed
portapros are supra aural, xb500's are circumaural
portapros are also way more portable
Well I actually own both the Sony XB500 and the Koss Porta Pros and I do think that they sound quite similar, in fact, I feel that the mids and highs of the Koss Porta Pros are slightly more muffled (could be due to the foam earpads), while the XB500's drivers are nearly exposed. But as for an upgrade, maybe you should consider getting Grados SR-80i. Grados SR-80i have a better soundstage than the closed circumaural XB500. Since you have the XB500 and Porta Pros, you might be a basshead, and the SR-80i's bass wouldn't disappoint you, but not overpowering at the same time.
Thank you guys for the suggestion.After reading through a lot of threads and going through lot of reviews i recently ordered SENHEISER HD 598 and hoping it will be delivered within 5 working days.I have also heard abt a lot of good things abt grado sr 60i and 80 i but i decided to go for SENHEISER HD 598 but i dont know how it sounds.Is it a wise upgrade from xb500 and koss portapro or should i again have to save some bucks to go for Grado headphones??
Edited by sulachhan - 11/18/12 at 2:29pm
- Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Questyle QP1 29 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 39 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 **reduced for quick sale** No trades. 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › CD-One!! Saviour for CD Enthusiasts!! HI-FI playback and precise... 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 8 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 9 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)