I am absoulutely beginner in this area and i have owned koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 and my question is that i do not find any difference in sound between these two headphones??What should be the next upgrade from these headphones??
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- upgrade from portapros? Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one of these headphones would match my requirement? :) Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I am in need of a full size headphones around 50 $ price range Last post on 7/7/12 at 4:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interested in buying the Grado SR60i next month, and have a few questions. Last post on 3/11/12 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The XB500's sound the same as the PortaPro's!? O.o
na they dont sound anything alike, the xb500's are basically just pure unadulterated bass and nothing else. just a wall of bass lol
the portapros have alot of bass as well but not in the same realm as the xb500. the portapros also have much tighter cleaner bass and have actual highs and some mids, also they're easy as hell to mod to get the signature you want with minimal fuss.
portapros are open, xb500's are closed
portapros are supra aural, xb500's are circumaural
portapros are also way more portable
Well I actually own both the Sony XB500 and the Koss Porta Pros and I do think that they sound quite similar, in fact, I feel that the mids and highs of the Koss Porta Pros are slightly more muffled (could be due to the foam earpads), while the XB500's drivers are nearly exposed. But as for an upgrade, maybe you should consider getting Grados SR-80i. Grados SR-80i have a better soundstage than the closed circumaural XB500. Since you have the XB500 and Porta Pros, you might be a basshead, and the SR-80i's bass wouldn't disappoint you, but not overpowering at the same time.
Thank you guys for the suggestion.After reading through a lot of threads and going through lot of reviews i recently ordered SENHEISER HD 598 and hoping it will be delivered within 5 working days.I have also heard abt a lot of good things abt grado sr 60i and 80 i but i decided to go for SENHEISER HD 598 but i dont know how it sounds.Is it a wise upgrade from xb500 and koss portapro or should i again have to save some bucks to go for Grado headphones??
Edited by sulachhan - 11/18/12 at 2:29pm
- Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Tascam US-366 for Computer Audio 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Iem for edm/pop 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 4 minutes ago
- › I'm looking for some good earbuds under $60 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)