I am absoulutely beginner in this area and i have owned koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 and my question is that i do not find any difference in sound between these two headphones??What should be the next upgrade from these headphones??
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- upgrade from portapros? Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which one of these headphones would match my requirement? :) Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I am in need of a full size headphones around 50 $ price range Last post on 7/7/12 at 4:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interested in buying the Grado SR60i next month, and have a few questions. Last post on 3/11/12 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The XB500's sound the same as the PortaPro's!? O.o
na they dont sound anything alike, the xb500's are basically just pure unadulterated bass and nothing else. just a wall of bass lol
the portapros have alot of bass as well but not in the same realm as the xb500. the portapros also have much tighter cleaner bass and have actual highs and some mids, also they're easy as hell to mod to get the signature you want with minimal fuss.
portapros are open, xb500's are closed
portapros are supra aural, xb500's are circumaural
portapros are also way more portable
Well I actually own both the Sony XB500 and the Koss Porta Pros and I do think that they sound quite similar, in fact, I feel that the mids and highs of the Koss Porta Pros are slightly more muffled (could be due to the foam earpads), while the XB500's drivers are nearly exposed. But as for an upgrade, maybe you should consider getting Grados SR-80i. Grados SR-80i have a better soundstage than the closed circumaural XB500. Since you have the XB500 and Porta Pros, you might be a basshead, and the SR-80i's bass wouldn't disappoint you, but not overpowering at the same time.
Thank you guys for the suggestion.After reading through a lot of threads and going through lot of reviews i recently ordered SENHEISER HD 598 and hoping it will be delivered within 5 working days.I have also heard abt a lot of good things abt grado sr 60i and 80 i but i decided to go for SENHEISER HD 598 but i dont know how it sounds.Is it a wise upgrade from xb500 and koss portapro or should i again have to save some bucks to go for Grado headphones??
Edited by sulachhan - 11/18/12 at 2:29pm
- Do Koss portapro and sony mdr xb500 has same sound signature?? Which one is best??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone Stands 1 minute ago
- › Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 6 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)