- 167 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- i need some help tweaking my HD598's or figuring out if they're defective Last post on 12/10/14 at 5:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on choosing headphones for live sound monitoring (mostly rock bands with some... Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH 440 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 280? Last post on 1/11/14 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choices, choices: Superlux, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica or Koss? Last post on 12/23/13 at 6:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Open phones under $150 for music and gaming Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ATH-M50 is a very misunderstood headphone. As a starter headphone people find it dry and somewhat lifeless. This is what getting into a neutral headphone feels like if one does not experience headphones with either a bass emphasis or a treble emphasis. The ATH-M50 is a great headphone because the frequency response is pretty flat considering it can be found for around $150 or less. They seal really well and are built like a tank unlike the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro which almost always breaks.
Most people who do not like the ATH-M50 have not heard enough headphones to really appreciate it for what it is.
Edited by NA Blur - 10/26/12 at 8:30am
As for the overrated part, I am not sure. Yes it has downsides to it (sibilance etc) but for it's price, I'm not afraid suggest it for someone who wants to start their expensive headphone journey
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
- Over-hype thread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Tera player thread.Philips R2R DAC ( impressions, opinions,... 55 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 3 minutes ago
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3