- 156 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- new cans for home. Last post on 1/19/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are some good on ear headphones? (Poll included) Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for good over ear headphones under $150 or so... Last post on 12/1/12 at 8:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Thoughts about my purchase, recommendations for the next Last post on 12/1/12 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob in need of opinions on noise isolating headphones Last post on 11/30/12 at 9:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ATH-M50 is a very misunderstood headphone. As a starter headphone people find it dry and somewhat lifeless. This is what getting into a neutral headphone feels like if one does not experience headphones with either a bass emphasis or a treble emphasis. The ATH-M50 is a great headphone because the frequency response is pretty flat considering it can be found for around $150 or less. They seal really well and are built like a tank unlike the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro which almost always breaks.
Most people who do not like the ATH-M50 have not heard enough headphones to really appreciate it for what it is.
Edited by NA Blur - 10/26/12 at 8:30am
As for the overrated part, I am not sure. Yes it has downsides to it (sibilance etc) but for it's price, I'm not afraid suggest it for someone who wants to start their expensive headphone journey
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
- Over-hype thread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Assistance needed in choosing a portable headphone 3 seconds ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 15 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Mad Dogs vs Soundmagic HP100 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Not able to post in Aplifications for Sale 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe