- 166 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice on choosing headphones for live sound monitoring (mostly rock bands with some... Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH 440 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 280? Last post on 1/11/14 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choices, choices: Superlux, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica or Koss? Last post on 12/23/13 at 6:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Open phones under $150 for music and gaming Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for full-size headphone below $100 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ATH-M50 is a very misunderstood headphone. As a starter headphone people find it dry and somewhat lifeless. This is what getting into a neutral headphone feels like if one does not experience headphones with either a bass emphasis or a treble emphasis. The ATH-M50 is a great headphone because the frequency response is pretty flat considering it can be found for around $150 or less. They seal really well and are built like a tank unlike the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro which almost always breaks.
Most people who do not like the ATH-M50 have not heard enough headphones to really appreciate it for what it is.
Edited by NA Blur - 10/26/12 at 8:30am
As for the overrated part, I am not sure. Yes it has downsides to it (sibilance etc) but for it's price, I'm not afraid suggest it for someone who wants to start their expensive headphone journey
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
- Over-hype thread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 16 seconds ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from the Shure SE215 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Getting virtual surround sound with my DT 990 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)