- 167 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice on choosing headphones for live sound monitoring (mostly rock bands with some... Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH 440 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 280? Last post on 1/11/14 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choices, choices: Superlux, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica or Koss? Last post on 12/23/13 at 6:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Open phones under $150 for music and gaming Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for full-size headphone below $100 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ATH-M50 is a very misunderstood headphone. As a starter headphone people find it dry and somewhat lifeless. This is what getting into a neutral headphone feels like if one does not experience headphones with either a bass emphasis or a treble emphasis. The ATH-M50 is a great headphone because the frequency response is pretty flat considering it can be found for around $150 or less. They seal really well and are built like a tank unlike the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro which almost always breaks.
Most people who do not like the ATH-M50 have not heard enough headphones to really appreciate it for what it is.
Edited by NA Blur - 10/26/12 at 8:30am
As for the overrated part, I am not sure. Yes it has downsides to it (sibilance etc) but for it's price, I'm not afraid suggest it for someone who wants to start their expensive headphone journey
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
- Over-hype thread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 16 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 26 seconds ago
- › My Fiio E12 dropped. should I be worried? 1 minute ago
- › Alo Audio Amphora Walnut No 012/100 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD2000 Drivers in a ATH-AD500x Headphone Shell 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon P1 Compared to J3,X9 and X7 5 minutes ago
- › 19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Soundstage Head Club 5 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)