- 167 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- i need some help tweaking my HD598's or figuring out if they're defective Last post on 12/10/14 at 5:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on choosing headphones for live sound monitoring (mostly rock bands with some... Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SRH 440 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 280? Last post on 1/11/14 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choices, choices: Superlux, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica or Koss? Last post on 12/23/13 at 6:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Open phones under $150 for music and gaming Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ATH-M50 is a very misunderstood headphone. As a starter headphone people find it dry and somewhat lifeless. This is what getting into a neutral headphone feels like if one does not experience headphones with either a bass emphasis or a treble emphasis. The ATH-M50 is a great headphone because the frequency response is pretty flat considering it can be found for around $150 or less. They seal really well and are built like a tank unlike the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro which almost always breaks.
Most people who do not like the ATH-M50 have not heard enough headphones to really appreciate it for what it is.
Edited by NA Blur - 10/26/12 at 8:30am
As for the overrated part, I am not sure. Yes it has downsides to it (sibilance etc) but for it's price, I'm not afraid suggest it for someone who wants to start their expensive headphone journey
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
- Over-hype thread...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 11 seconds ago
- › Open headphone soundstage vs volume (?) 2 minutes ago
- › where can i set the Playback Quality with Creative ZXR 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2