Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 vs Custom One Pro's Quick Comparison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 vs Custom One Pro's Quick Comparison - Page 2

post #16 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for and how you plan on using them. The M-100 and COP is a great comparison and needs to happen!! I think it will be a wash and ultimately you'd be better off with the COP's. Now of course that is a blind impression but chances are the Beyers are going to sound better IMO. I had the Crossfade LP's and I was not impressed at all!! They spent more time, money, and research on the packaging and the build quality than they did the sound... Instead of dropping them 700 times to test how strong they are they should have been working on stopping the highs and lows from cracking at moderately high volumes!! I only paid $77 (new) for the LP's and couldn't get ride of them fast enough... 

 

So what are you looking for? What type of can and what do you want to get out of them?


Thanks for the reply.  I am looking for something that will mainly be used in my home office and at my work office, both of which are private.  So I was initially prioritizing sound quality and comfort above all, but the chance to get something portable and comfortable without sacrificing too much in sound quality is appealing.  Reviews of the COP have been mixed, whereas all of the feedback coming in so far on the M-100 has been really positive, especially in terms of SQ.  But as of right now, the M-100 are twice what the COP cost.  If I'm going to stay in the Beyer family, though, I want to get the best sound, and it seems like the 880 or 990 are better reviewed than the COP.  Trying to avoid dropping cash on something that requires an amp to get acceptable sound. 

post #17 of 99
Now if only Beyer would make a COP-styled DT770/80. I would have owned the 770/80s again if they weren't such a damn eyesore. Hypocritically, I just ordered the 990 pros again which are probably uglier... but that sound more than makes up for it.
post #18 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton View Post


Thanks for the reply.  I am looking for something that will mainly be used in my home office and at my work office, both of which are private.  So I was initially prioritizing sound quality and comfort above all, but the chance to get something portable and comfortable without sacrificing too much in sound quality is appealing.  Reviews of the COP have been mixed, whereas all of the feedback coming in so far on the M-100 has been really positive, especially in terms of SQ.  But as of right now, the M-100 are twice what the COP cost.  If I'm going to stay in the Beyer family, though, I want to get the best sound, and it seems like the 880 or 990 are better reviewed than the COP.  Trying to avoid dropping cash on something that requires an amp to get acceptable sound. 

 

Thanks, that makes it a lot easier to suggest a pair I think you'd like. If you wanna stay in the Beyer family and since they will be used at home I would say start hunting for the DT990/32 Premiums. They have the same sound as the DT990/250 Pro's but only 32ohm so they can be amp'd and have a great sound but its not a must like the 250ohm 990's. For about the same price I find it hard to believe that the M-100's could stand up to the 990's... Which isn't a knock on the M-100 because they're aren't to many pairs out there that can deliver the full package like the 990's. Or if you want a closed pair I would shoot for a used pair of D2000 which you should be able to get in around $275 and under. I haven't heard them yet but they seem to be the standard bearer around here so take a few steps and you'll find a truck load of reviews that can give you all the info you need on them... 

 

Only reviews I trust now are the ones on this site. I read a bunch of great and amazing reviews on the B&W P5 and the Focal Sprit One's and those were gigantic disappointments. Now the P5 were ok but not $350 worth of ok lol. The Focal Spirit One's were GARBAGE!!! And funny enough they smelt like garbage too!! Now if I would have read the reviews here first I wouldn't have waisted the time or money. Now the M-80's seem to be a hot topic on here and get mixed review but all in all people seem to like them a lot so you can expect the same if not better from the 100's. It's going to be very interesting to see what people think of them and I'll be eagerly waiting for Head-Fiers initial impressions... and for a price drop :) $300 for V-moda's seem a tab bit steep to me but who knows' maybe we're looking at the next big dog on the street. Time will tell. 

post #19 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Now if only Beyer would make a COP-styled DT770/80. I would have owned the 770/80s again if they weren't such a damn eyesore. Hypocritically, I just ordered the 990 pros again which are probably uglier... but that sound more than makes up for it.

 

A-MEN!! Imagine if they would have made a DT770/80 like can with better looks and removable cables like the COP's. Man, those would be world beaters!! I love the Pro's but yah, not exactly the best looking cans are they. Well what they lack in looks they make it up with comfort and sound so I'd buy them again too. BTW I love your headphone gaming guide, its been a huge help and cost me a lot of money in the process!! :) The Koss Clips, DT990's and HE-400 were all purchased with your guide as a huge motivation. Only thing I wanted to see what the Denon D2000 and D5000 or either one. Any chance of you adding either of those or giving a quick impression of what you think of them for gaming?? I have a Mixamp 5.8 and I use all of my cans for gaming so this is a big deal for me and I just bought the D5000 online used for a decent price but I bought them off of name and rep alone but haven't found anyone talking about them in terms of Dolby Headphones or directional sound capabilities and what not. I know its a little off subject but if you can share your impressions that would be awesome 

 

Thanks,


Edited by DemonFox - 10/29/12 at 10:58pm
post #20 of 99

i use to own a dt770 pro 80.  i was actually curious about cop thinking that it will be an improved version of the dt770.  after reading this it seems that dt770 is still the better deal. now i'm missing my dt770 again. frown.gif

post #21 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

A-MEN!! Imagine if they would have made a DT770/80 like can with better looks and removable cables like the COP's. Man, those would be world beaters!! I love the Pro's but yah, not exactly the best looking cans are they. Well what they lack in looks they make it up with comfort and sound so I'd buy them again too. BTW I love your headphone gaming guide, its been a huge help and cost me a lot of money in the process!! smily_headphones1.gif The Koss Clips, DT990's and HE-400 were all purchased with your guide as a huge motivation. Only thing I wanted to see what the Denon D2000 and D5000 or either one. Any chance of you adding either of those or giving a quick impression of what you think of them for gaming?? I have a Mixamp 5.8 and I use all of my cans for gaming so this is a big deal for me and I just bought the D5000 online used for a decent price but I bought them off of name and rep alone but haven't found anyone talking about them in terms of Dolby Headphones or directional sound capabilities and what not. I know its a little off subject but if you can share your impressions that would be awesome 

Thanks,

I've always wanted to try the D2000 and D5000. Judging by the D7000, I believe both of them would be pretty spectacular for gaming. I just wouldn't personally buy them because I no longer go for anything with pleather/leather type padded headphones.
post #22 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

Thanks, that makes it a lot easier to suggest a pair I think you'd like. If you wanna stay in the Beyer family and since they will be used at home I would say start hunting for the DT990/32 Premiums. They have the same sound as the DT990/250 Pro's but only 32ohm so they can be amp'd and have a great sound but its not a must like the 250ohm 990's. For about the same price I find it hard to believe that the M-100's could stand up to the 990's... Which isn't a knock on the M-100 because they're aren't to many pairs out there that can deliver the full package like the 990's. Or if you want a closed pair I would shoot for a used pair of D2000 which you should be able to get in around $275 and under. I haven't heard them yet but they seem to be the standard bearer around here so take a few steps and you'll find a truck load of reviews that can give you all the info you need on them... 

 

Only reviews I trust now are the ones on this site. I read a bunch of great and amazing reviews on the B&W P5 and the Focal Sprit One's and those were gigantic disappointments. Now the P5 were ok but not $350 worth of ok lol. The Focal Spirit One's were GARBAGE!!! And funny enough they smelt like garbage too!! Now if I would have read the reviews here first I wouldn't have waisted the time or money. Now the M-80's seem to be a hot topic on here and get mixed review but all in all people seem to like them a lot so you can expect the same if not better from the 100's. It's going to be very interesting to see what people think of them and I'll be eagerly waiting for Head-Fiers initial impressions... and for a price drop :) $300 for V-moda's seem a tab bit steep to me but who knows' maybe we're looking at the next big dog on the street. Time will tell. 



I have read mixed things about the 32 ohm version of the Beyers, and for the price required to grab them, it seems like there are a lot better options out there.  So it's basically paying a premium for getting a lesser sound than the 990s should produce, and then sacrifice on the portability/flexibility of something like the M-100 or COP.  Also seems to come down to personal preference on the 990 vs. the 880-- some people rate the 880 more balanced sound much better.  

 

I'd really like to see a head-to-head comparison of the Beyers and the M-100, but so far in the m-100 thread, no one has offered it.  The M-100 right now are getting pretty across-the-board positive reviews on Head-fi.  But unfortunately people haven't been doing much by way of stacking them up against other $300 headphones.    

post #23 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton View Post



I have read mixed things about the 32 ohm version of the Beyers, and for the price required to grab them, it seems like there are a lot better options out there.  So it's basically paying a premium for getting a lesser sound than the 990s should produce, and then sacrifice on the portability/flexibility of something like the M-100 or COP.  Also seems to come down to personal preference on the 990 vs. the 880-- some people rate the 880 more balanced sound much better.  

 

I'd really like to see a head-to-head comparison of the Beyers and the M-100, but so far in the m-100 thread, no one has offered it.  The M-100 right now are getting pretty across-the-board positive reviews on Head-fi.  But unfortunately people haven't been doing much by way of stacking them up against other $300 headphones.    

 

They can be pricey but anything can be had if you shop around. It's all a matter of personal preference so do your research and let us know what you end up with!! Also, have you looked at the DT1350's yet?? Great portable closed cans that are probably better to compare the M-100 against than the 990's. By the sounds of things like you said, they are getting positive reviews but are they $300 good is the biggest question in my mind. So yah, I would love to see some direct comparison too

post #24 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiocool View Post

i use to own a dt770 pro 80.  i was actually curious about cop thinking that it will be an improved version of the dt770.  after reading this it seems that dt770 is still the better deal. now i'm missing my dt770 again. frown.gif

 

That's exactly what I was hoping for as well but sad to say they are not related in any way. Completely different sound signatures and can sound very lets say "commercial" when you try to turn up the volume. At lower volumes they do have better detail than the HIFI 780's but when you give em the beans they seem to panic a little where the 780's look at you and ask, "is that all you got". Hopefully the next whatever they do will be a little better. 

post #25 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Now if only Beyer would make a COP-styled DT770/80. I would have owned the 770/80s again if they weren't such a damn eyesore. Hypocritically, I just ordered the 990 pros again which are probably uglier... but that sound more than makes up for it.

I love how the beyers look like giant frankenphones that will snap your neck, but you put them on and they are like pillows

 

I think they look really cool, but definitely not for public use.

post #26 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

They can be pricey but anything can be had if you shop around. It's all a matter of personal preference so do your research and let us know what you end up with!! Also, have you looked at the DT1350's yet?? Great portable closed cans that are probably better to compare the M-100 against than the 990's. By the sounds of things like you said, they are getting positive reviews but are they $300 good is the biggest question in my mind. So yah, I would love to see some direct comparison too

 


The M-100 are closed, over-ear cans.  I don't think the 1350s would be a good comp.  I'm not looking for portable, but it is an added benefit of the M-100, and if they sound better than the Beyers, plus are portable and drivable without an amp, it's worth the extra $100.

post #27 of 99
post #28 of 99
Thread Starter 



Oh those are sexy!! Problem is though, where do you find them?? At least here in the states it takes a bit of luck to locate the DT770/32's I would love to get my hands on a pair of those beast!!
post #29 of 99

I have heard that the 32ohm arent as dynamic and aren't as bassy and refined. But the mids are the best of them all I think.

post #30 of 99

Yeah I've heard similar things about the mids of the DT770 Pro 32 ohm Limited Edition. A 770 with less recessed mids would a great thing indeed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 vs Custom One Pro's Quick Comparison