- 51 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost Westone 4r Right Driver! Last post on 7/19/14 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Accidentally Dipped Westone 4r in water. Last post on 6/19/14 at 4:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Westone 4R hissing sound..??!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Earphones wont produce hiss on their own. They only put out what they're taking in... in other words, it's more likely that it's your source and not your W4's. Have you tried plugging different earphones in to see if the hiss is still there. Or tried plugging the W4's into something else?
Thank you for your advice.
When i plugged it directly to my imac, the hiss is still there, but when i tried it directly to my iphone, the hiss is gone.
Do you think it might be the power/electricity from my imac? do you think a power conditioning will help?
Edited by louis9 - 10/24/12 at 9:12pm
It's most likely your computer. Have you tried using the DAC portion of the E17? Use the USB cable that came w/ the E17 and plug that between your mac and E17. You might also need to go to system preferences -> sound, and then make sure the Output is the USB DAC. If it still has hiss there, it might also be due to the E17. If that helps it, then I would then try using another amp to your doc (if you have one.) This would be the best way to isolate and confirm that the hiss is from your computer alone.
When I plus my IEM's into my macbook pro, I get tons of hiss, so i always have to use a DAC/amp with it.
Honestly, I'm not sure. From what I understand, the E9 dock is its own DAC and bypasses the DAC in the E17. I'm thinking the E9's DAC is faulty... or you're somehow not using it and it's using the mac's sound card (which is hissy.)
I would maybe try contacting FiiO about this and tell them what's happened and maybe they'll send you a new one? It's worth a shot.
edit: My apologies. I don't really follow FiiO products, so I assumed the E09k is a DAC. I just looked into it a bit and it's actually an amp. Hopefully someone w/ more experience with FiiO docks can chime in and help... but I'm assuming since it's an amp, it only needs the E17 for its DAC? If that's so, then it's somehow causing your E17 to not use its DAC and using your computer's sound card, which is giving you the hiss. Either way, I would contact FiiO and tell them that you're getting a bunch of hiss, and that the hiss goes away once you only use the E17 as a DAC/Amp, but it comes back when you use the E17 + E09K combo.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck!
Edited by PANGES - 10/24/12 at 10:17pm
I just purchased an E17+E09K bundle that's exhibiting the exact same problem (including level imbalance at low volumes) when run through the E09K. The E17 alone has no hiss whatsoever. Did you manage to find a solution to your problem?
It sounds like obviously the e09k is the problem if you are recieving better quality with just the e17 then thats somewhat a plus....but iems can have a tendency to produce hisses or noises that say a higher end amp this will not be present.
Sometimes you have to give and take. Like the jds labs c421 has channel imbalance at lower volumes but its still a great amp just a annoyance.
- Westone 4R hissing sound..??!!!
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 14 seconds ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 48 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Fiio x3 vs Fiio x5 or other help please? 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Harmon Kardon Harkar BT or...? 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)