Tried the rec thread to no avail. Been trying to find some headphones for travel, decent/good isolation, and not super-bulky (no iem's they irritate my ears with extended use). Looking to spend up to 2-300, but can stretch that to $500 if it's really compelling. I know senn hd25-1 II's seem to be recommended a lot but havent had a chance to check them out. Anything else? Momentums look pretty sexy and so does the sony mdr-r1, but again haven't had the chance to check them out in person. I've been fine using grado 225's and denon ah-a100 but their isolation is pretty much non-existent.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparisons: 26 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around Last post on 8/26/15 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for something as comfortable as Q15, but better sound? Last post on 4/22/13 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for on a plane? Last post on 2/28/13 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Regardless of what you read here the best travel phones, noise reduction, are Bose. Read Tyles InnerFidelity "wall of Fame" review of noise cancelling phones.
what about the choice between sennheiser hd25-1-ii and the psb m4u2? mainly want to use them for studying but also for travel on long flights. the sennheisers seem pretty good in local shops but have no idea what it would be like blocking out the drone on a 12 hr flight, which is why im thinking hard about the psb's. I'll be honest and am not that critical of a listener, so not too picky. Bose makes me a little nervous b/c a couple of friends who had triports had them fall apart after a few years.
- good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.16: lifted 5800 song... 12 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 36 seconds ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › The "speed" of headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 12 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2