Tried the rec thread to no avail. Been trying to find some headphones for travel, decent/good isolation, and not super-bulky (no iem's they irritate my ears with extended use). Looking to spend up to 2-300, but can stretch that to $500 if it's really compelling. I know senn hd25-1 II's seem to be recommended a lot but havent had a chance to check them out. Anything else? Momentums look pretty sexy and so does the sony mdr-r1, but again haven't had the chance to check them out in person. I've been fine using grado 225's and denon ah-a100 but their isolation is pretty much non-existent.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around Last post on 3/28/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for something as comfortable as Q15, but better sound? Last post on 4/22/13 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for on a plane? Last post on 2/28/13 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Regardless of what you read here the best travel phones, noise reduction, are Bose. Read Tyles InnerFidelity "wall of Fame" review of noise cancelling phones.
what about the choice between sennheiser hd25-1-ii and the psb m4u2? mainly want to use them for studying but also for travel on long flights. the sennheisers seem pretty good in local shops but have no idea what it would be like blocking out the drone on a 12 hr flight, which is why im thinking hard about the psb's. I'll be honest and am not that critical of a listener, so not too picky. Bose makes me a little nervous b/c a couple of friends who had triports had them fall apart after a few years.
- good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 33 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › AK100II For Sale. As new, looking for appreciative home 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › N> Buy Recommendation in a All-Purpose Headphone for Competitve Gaming 6 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player 8 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2