Tried the rec thread to no avail. Been trying to find some headphones for travel, decent/good isolation, and not super-bulky (no iem's they irritate my ears with extended use). Looking to spend up to 2-300, but can stretch that to $500 if it's really compelling. I know senn hd25-1 II's seem to be recommended a lot but havent had a chance to check them out. Anything else? Momentums look pretty sexy and so does the sony mdr-r1, but again haven't had the chance to check them out in person. I've been fine using grado 225's and denon ah-a100 but their isolation is pretty much non-existent.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around Last post on Yesterday at 11:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Narrowed" down to this list for my listening purposes, would like some input from you... Last post on 12/30/13 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying advice: ESW9 or HFI-780 (after I disliked the MDR1's) Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Regardless of what you read here the best travel phones, noise reduction, are Bose. Read Tyles InnerFidelity "wall of Fame" review of noise cancelling phones.
what about the choice between sennheiser hd25-1-ii and the psb m4u2? mainly want to use them for studying but also for travel on long flights. the sennheisers seem pretty good in local shops but have no idea what it would be like blocking out the drone on a 12 hr flight, which is why im thinking hard about the psb's. I'll be honest and am not that critical of a listener, so not too picky. Bose makes me a little nervous b/c a couple of friends who had triports had them fall apart after a few years.
- good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 19 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Recommend me a setup for Ipod Touch with Grado headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)