Tried the rec thread to no avail. Been trying to find some headphones for travel, decent/good isolation, and not super-bulky (no iem's they irritate my ears with extended use). Looking to spend up to 2-300, but can stretch that to $500 if it's really compelling. I know senn hd25-1 II's seem to be recommended a lot but havent had a chance to check them out. Anything else? Momentums look pretty sexy and so does the sony mdr-r1, but again haven't had the chance to check them out in person. I've been fine using grado 225's and denon ah-a100 but their isolation is pretty much non-existent.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350, UE9000, Beats Studio (2013)... Last post on Yesterday at 5:12 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying advice: ESW9 or HFI-780 (after I disliked the MDR1's) Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 10/25/13 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME? SENNHEISER AMPEROR, DENON AH D 1100, CREATVIE AURVANA... Last post on 6/22/13 at 1:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bose QC15 to MDR-1R, M-100, or Momentums. Worth the switch? Last post on 9/8/13 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
good phones for travel with isolationpost #1 of 510/24/12 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/24/12 at 5:03pm
Regardless of what you read here the best travel phones, noise reduction, are Bose. Read Tyles InnerFidelity "wall of Fame" review of noise cancelling phones.post #3 of 510/24/12 at 7:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 510/25/12 at 12:58pmpost #5 of 510/31/12 at 3:36pmThread Starter
what about the choice between sennheiser hd25-1-ii and the psb m4u2? mainly want to use them for studying but also for travel on long flights. the sennheisers seem pretty good in local shops but have no idea what it would be like blocking out the drone on a 12 hr flight, which is why im thinking hard about the psb's. I'll be honest and am not that critical of a listener, so not too picky. Bose makes me a little nervous b/c a couple of friends who had triports had them fall apart after a few years.
- good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 seconds ago
- › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics,... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 3 minutes ago
- › Online Vendors for buying headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing between Denon AH-C300, Monster Gratitude, Harman... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 nearly new + Fiio E5 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe