Tried the rec thread to no avail. Been trying to find some headphones for travel, decent/good isolation, and not super-bulky (no iem's they irritate my ears with extended use). Looking to spend up to 2-300, but can stretch that to $500 if it's really compelling. I know senn hd25-1 II's seem to be recommended a lot but havent had a chance to check them out. Anything else? Momentums look pretty sexy and so does the sony mdr-r1, but again haven't had the chance to check them out in person. I've been fine using grado 225's and denon ah-a100 but their isolation is pretty much non-existent.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/30/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around Last post on Today at 6:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Narrowed" down to this list for my listening purposes, would like some input from you... Last post on 12/30/13 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying advice: ESW9 or HFI-780 (after I disliked the MDR1's) Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Regardless of what you read here the best travel phones, noise reduction, are Bose. Read Tyles InnerFidelity "wall of Fame" review of noise cancelling phones.
what about the choice between sennheiser hd25-1-ii and the psb m4u2? mainly want to use them for studying but also for travel on long flights. the sennheisers seem pretty good in local shops but have no idea what it would be like blocking out the drone on a 12 hr flight, which is why im thinking hard about the psb's. I'll be honest and am not that critical of a listener, so not too picky. Bose makes me a little nervous b/c a couple of friends who had triports had them fall apart after a few years.
- good phones for travel with isolation
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones to get? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Review, Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)