I have a iBasso D2+ and a Fiio E7, both use a pcm2706 for USB and a WM8740 as the actual DAC. I recently bought a new laptop, and no matter what I do, the iBasso is not being detected by the laptop. But when I connect the Fiio, everything works as expected. And by not detected I mean not detected. When I plug it in, there are no changes in the device manager.
The laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 and all current updates installed.
I already tried a few things to narrow down the problem:
- Used a different USB port > iBasso not detected
- Used a different cable > iBasso not detected
- Used different devices on USB ports > USB ports ok
- Removed USB audio drivers > iBasso not detected
- Connected iBasso to other computers(Win7pro32bit & Win Vista) > works (so iBasso itself appears to be ok)
What could be causing this?