Hi all. I had originally posted in the stickied suggestions thread, but my question got swamped by others' fairly quickly, so I'm starting a fresh thread. I'm looking for a set of headphones I can wear around the office to protect my sanity from the drama that occasionally erupts. Good isolation and minimal leakage are high priorities for me. I'll be listening to mostly pop/rock style music from a tablet/iPod. I'd originally been hoping to get something in the US$100 range, but from what I've gathered browsing reviews and stuff, a good set will cost at least $200. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 10/30/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/30/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my first cans Last post on 11/27/12 at 4:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Seeking suggestionspost #1 of 410/23/12 at 11:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 410/24/12 at 12:04ampost #3 of 410/24/12 at 12:16amQuote:Quote:
And this is how the descent into madness begins. Haha.
Tedathalan, the big recommendations thread is still a good place to start. Instead of posting there, try searching within it? In Head-Fi terms, your requirements seem to be:
- $100 (or $200, depending on budget)
In general, closed headphones won't leak much, so don't worry about that. They do differ in terms of isolation, which is what you want.
The Beyer DT 1350 is a good headphone, but I'm just concerned that it's expensive for you. I think it's a great sounding headphone (when I demo'd it), and it was comfortable for a short session, but I don't know how comfortable it is in the long haul.
Other standards include the Audio Technica M50 (should be <$150), Shure 440 (similar price). If you plan to leave the headphones in the office, consider a full-sized. Bulky, but generally good bang for buck.post #4 of 410/24/12 at 3:28am
If you are willing to use an amp with the ipod, you can get the dt770 Beyerdynamics for about 150 on ebay and a fiio e11 for about 50 bucks anywhere. That would be my pick, although very close to your budget. I agree with eric m50 and 440 are pretty decent unamped. shure 840 is at the top of the budget and I would suggest that over the 440 but thats just me.
- Seeking suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 12 seconds ago
- › Shootout: 111 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Creative Aurvana Live!... 19 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 52 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 2 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob