Please define "long". That's a very subjective and also relative term.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sample object ive mesurment of headphones headstage Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Adventures in Balanced Cables for IEMs Last post on 3/5/14 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How I'm going backwards in my headphone journey (Tip to any newcomers) Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or HE500 (upgrading from the HD6XX/Q701) impressions. (updated) Last post on 3/6/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X1, wow I'm impressed Last post on 5/16/14 at 12:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 vs HE500 - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few weeks ago, is that not that long ago enough? If the new model is more sensitive, that's not a problem as the HE-500's don't exactly need a nuclear reactor like the HE-6's.
Good news, you will like that Hifiman worked with Dr. Dre on these. His picture will be on the box and the headband will be made of thin plastic with his signature and they will also have his signature sound. I don't know about you guys, but if this even half true, I'm definitely keeping my HE-500's.
Don't forget I used to have a pair of "Beats by Dre Studio" and "HiFiMAN HE-500". I sold them both, but I never sell a pair of headphones with comfort of Beats Studio and sound quality of HE-500, that headphones worth $1000+ to me.
I had mine for more than 8 months.
I'd rather wear a c-clamp on my head than have my ears subjected to Beats.To be fair I listened to Beats and was not impressed.
I'm flinging my LCD-2's out the window when the new cans come out if thats the case LOL
I hope it's price competitive too
Competitive with LCD2 or LCD3?
Also I like planars for the female vocal reproduction (magical mids)
Agreed, just wanted to here others opinions.
HD800 takes it IMO. Dynamic drivers just attack better.
The orthos don't move air the same way the HD800 does. I've tried this with HE-5LE (better than 500 in some ways), 500, and LCD-2.
I will reiterate that it is not wise to sell HE-500's to buy HD800. These are both headphones you need to have side by side to really lock down how they sound and what makes them different.
- HD800 vs HE500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 32 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 47 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 54 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 3 minutes ago
- › Opening the AKG K701's help? 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Meet 12/06/14 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3