Please define "long". That's a very subjective and also relative term.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sample object ive mesurment of headphones headstage Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Adventures in Balanced Cables for IEMs Last post on 3/5/14 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How I'm going backwards in my headphone journey (Tip to any newcomers) Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or HE500 (upgrading from the HD6XX/Q701) impressions. (updated) Last post on 3/6/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X1, wow I'm impressed Last post on 5/16/14 at 12:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 vs HE500 - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few weeks ago, is that not that long ago enough? If the new model is more sensitive, that's not a problem as the HE-500's don't exactly need a nuclear reactor like the HE-6's.
Good news, you will like that Hifiman worked with Dr. Dre on these. His picture will be on the box and the headband will be made of thin plastic with his signature and they will also have his signature sound. I don't know about you guys, but if this even half true, I'm definitely keeping my HE-500's.
Don't forget I used to have a pair of "Beats by Dre Studio" and "HiFiMAN HE-500". I sold them both, but I never sell a pair of headphones with comfort of Beats Studio and sound quality of HE-500, that headphones worth $1000+ to me.
I had mine for more than 8 months.
I'd rather wear a c-clamp on my head than have my ears subjected to Beats.To be fair I listened to Beats and was not impressed.
I'm flinging my LCD-2's out the window when the new cans come out if thats the case LOL
I hope it's price competitive too
Competitive with LCD2 or LCD3?
Also I like planars for the female vocal reproduction (magical mids)
Agreed, just wanted to here others opinions.
HD800 takes it IMO. Dynamic drivers just attack better.
The orthos don't move air the same way the HD800 does. I've tried this with HE-5LE (better than 500 in some ways), 500, and LCD-2.
I will reiterate that it is not wise to sell HE-500's to buy HD800. These are both headphones you need to have side by side to really lock down how they sound and what makes them different.
- HD800 vs HE500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 seconds ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 7 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 Vs IE800...?? 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Beyer T90 PRICE REDUCTION 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2