Please define "long". That's a very subjective and also relative term.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How I'm going backwards in my headphone journey (Tip to any newcomers) Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or HE500 (upgrading from the HD6XX/Q701) impressions. (updated) Last post on 3/6/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X1, wow I'm impressed Last post on 5/16/14 at 12:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Challenge ... Sennheiser HD598 vs ( Need to blow my socks off ... HE-500, LCD-2, HD650, HD800 ? )... Last post on 12/29/13 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
HD800 vs HE500 - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few weeks ago, is that not that long ago enough? If the new model is more sensitive, that's not a problem as the HE-500's don't exactly need a nuclear reactor like the HE-6's.
Good news, you will like that Hifiman worked with Dr. Dre on these. His picture will be on the box and the headband will be made of thin plastic with his signature and they will also have his signature sound. I don't know about you guys, but if this even half true, I'm definitely keeping my HE-500's.
Don't forget I used to have a pair of "Beats by Dre Studio" and "HiFiMAN HE-500". I sold them both, but I never sell a pair of headphones with comfort of Beats Studio and sound quality of HE-500, that headphones worth $1000+ to me.
I had mine for more than 8 months.
I'd rather wear a c-clamp on my head than have my ears subjected to Beats.To be fair I listened to Beats and was not impressed.
I'm flinging my LCD-2's out the window when the new cans come out if thats the case LOL
I hope it's price competitive too
Competitive with LCD2 or LCD3?
Also I like planars for the female vocal reproduction (magical mids)
Agreed, just wanted to here others opinions.
HD800 takes it IMO. Dynamic drivers just attack better.
The orthos don't move air the same way the HD800 does. I've tried this with HE-5LE (better than 500 in some ways), 500, and LCD-2.
I will reiterate that it is not wise to sell HE-500's to buy HD800. These are both headphones you need to have side by side to really lock down how they sound and what makes them different.
- HD800 vs HE500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 51 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 3 minutes ago
- › Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted:... 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › meet in AZ 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 8 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)