Please define "long". That's a very subjective and also relative term.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How I'm going backwards in my headphone journey (Tip to any newcomers) Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or HE500 (upgrading from the HD6XX/Q701) impressions. (updated) Last post on 3/6/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X1, wow I'm impressed Last post on 2/2/14 at 1:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Challenge ... Sennheiser HD598 vs ( Need to blow my socks off ... HE-500, LCD-2, HD650, HD800 ? )... Last post on 12/29/13 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
HD800 vs HE500 - Page 40post #586 of 9891/4/14 at 2:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 9891/4/14 at 2:49pmQuote:
A few weeks ago, is that not that long ago enough? If the new model is more sensitive, that's not a problem as the HE-500's don't exactly need a nuclear reactor like the HE-6's.post #588 of 9891/4/14 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanD
Good news, you will like that Hifiman worked with Dr. Dre on these. His picture will be on the box and the headband will be made of thin plastic with his signature and they will also have his signature sound. I don't know about you guys, but if this even half true, I'm definitely keeping my HE-500's.
Don't forget I used to have a pair of "Beats by Dre Studio" and "HiFiMAN HE-500". I sold them both, but I never sell a pair of headphones with comfort of Beats Studio and sound quality of HE-500, that headphones worth $1000+ to me.post #589 of 9891/4/14 at 2:55pmQuote:
I had mine for more than 8 months.post #590 of 9891/4/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
I'd rather wear a c-clamp on my head than have my ears subjected to Beats.To be fair I listened to Beats and was not impressed.post #591 of 9891/4/14 at 3:06pmpost #592 of 9891/4/14 at 10:42pmpost #593 of 9891/4/14 at 10:44pmpost #594 of 9891/5/14 at 2:27amQuote:
I'm flinging my LCD-2's out the window when the new cans come out if thats the case LOL
I hope it's price competitive toopost #595 of 9891/5/14 at 11:47amQuote:
Competitive with LCD2 or LCD3?post #596 of 9891/5/14 at 11:58ampost #597 of 9891/5/14 at 12:21pmpost #598 of 9891/5/14 at 1:25pmQuote:
Also I like planars for the female vocal reproduction (magical mids)post #599 of 9891/5/14 at 1:26pmQuote:
Agreed, just wanted to here others opinions.post #600 of 9891/5/14 at 2:01pm
HD800 takes it IMO. Dynamic drivers just attack better.
The orthos don't move air the same way the HD800 does. I've tried this with HE-5LE (better than 500 in some ways), 500, and LCD-2.
I will reiterate that it is not wise to sell HE-500's to buy HD800. These are both headphones you need to have side by side to really lock down how they sound and what makes them different.
- HD800 vs HE500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › newbie here 10 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › DAC Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC for iPod Classic Only Use 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude