Please define "long". That's a very subjective and also relative term.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sample object ive mesurment of headphones headstage Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- How I'm going backwards in my headphone journey (Tip to any newcomers) Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or HE500 (upgrading from the HD6XX/Q701) impressions. (updated) Last post on 3/6/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X1, wow I'm impressed Last post on 5/16/14 at 12:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Challenge ... Sennheiser HD598 vs ( Need to blow my socks off ... HE-500, LCD-2, HD650, HD800 ? )... Last post on 12/29/13 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 vs HE500 - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few weeks ago, is that not that long ago enough? If the new model is more sensitive, that's not a problem as the HE-500's don't exactly need a nuclear reactor like the HE-6's.
Good news, you will like that Hifiman worked with Dr. Dre on these. His picture will be on the box and the headband will be made of thin plastic with his signature and they will also have his signature sound. I don't know about you guys, but if this even half true, I'm definitely keeping my HE-500's.
Don't forget I used to have a pair of "Beats by Dre Studio" and "HiFiMAN HE-500". I sold them both, but I never sell a pair of headphones with comfort of Beats Studio and sound quality of HE-500, that headphones worth $1000+ to me.
I had mine for more than 8 months.
I'd rather wear a c-clamp on my head than have my ears subjected to Beats.To be fair I listened to Beats and was not impressed.
I'm flinging my LCD-2's out the window when the new cans come out if thats the case LOL
I hope it's price competitive too
Competitive with LCD2 or LCD3?
Also I like planars for the female vocal reproduction (magical mids)
Agreed, just wanted to here others opinions.
HD800 takes it IMO. Dynamic drivers just attack better.
The orthos don't move air the same way the HD800 does. I've tried this with HE-5LE (better than 500 in some ways), 500, and LCD-2.
I will reiterate that it is not wise to sell HE-500's to buy HD800. These are both headphones you need to have side by side to really lock down how they sound and what makes them different.
- HD800 vs HE500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 8 seconds ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 1 minute ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need a low latency wireless headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)