Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HD800 vs HE500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD800 vs HE500 - Page 26

post #376 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke990 View Post
 

But only arguing makes no sense as well because the whole thing depends too much on your own preference

 

I give up

post #377 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasyrkh View Post
 

 

I give up


me too ;)

post #378 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke990 View Post


me too wink.gif

Then you should delete yourself from each forum you subscribed if you don't like reading opinions ;-)
post #379 of 991

Same for you because you give up first :D

 

I owned a HE-500 for only two weeks and it was one of the worst headphones I ever heard (price range 200 to 2000€). Sound absolutely weird and strange. Maybe it was not okay but at the same time a had a LCD-2 and I found it much better.

But not as good as HD800 ! No way :)

Anyway I sent both back to the dealer and kept only the HD800.

post #380 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke990 View Post

Same for you because you give up first biggrin.gif

I owned a HE-500 for only two weeks and it was one of the worst headphones I ever heard (price range 200 to 2000€). Sound absolutely weird and strange. Maybe it was not okay but at the same time a had a LCD-2 and I found it much better.
But not as good as HD800 ! No way smily_headphones1.gif
Anyway I sent both back to the dealer and kept only the HD800.
Weird in which way?
post #381 of 991

It is not so easy to describe. The worst thing for me were the voices. They sounded so sharp and the sound at all was a little bit shrill and strange.

post #382 of 991

Was this on the ODAC / Objective2 combo?

post #383 of 991

On O2 und audio-gd Fun (which deliveres a lot of power).

post #384 of 991

IMO if you have a decent amp and don't like the sound that is coming from your cans, perhaps you might consider finding cans that better suite your tastes. I believe that unless you have cans that are truly difficult to drive or have an inappropriate pairing of impedances, most of the magic is in your cans not the amp.

post #385 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


Are we talking about the buyers' guide or the actual thread dedicated to it? I was under the impression the thread was out along with the LCD-2. Maybe I'm wrong? or it was out and now it's back in? I know the HE-500 is summit-fi in the guide though and always has been. I guess it really doesn't matter what people categorize the HE-500 as. I know what it sounds like and it's very summit-fi for me personally.

 

Both, ahaha.

post #386 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Otar View Post
 

I have an HE-500 and only auditioned the HD800, to me the HD800 is a lot better.

How about this for a subjective answer?  "I don't think so"

post #387 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke990 View Post
 

But only arguing makes no sense as well because the whole thing depends too much on your own preferences.

I own both HD800 and HE500 and totally agree with you on this.  I found the 2 complementing one another.  IMO and personal preference, the HD800 is a touch better in technicality.  I find the HE500 the more suitable all rounder and easier to enjoy music with for more genres.

post #388 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke990 View Post
 

But only arguing makes no sense as well because the whole thing depends too much on your own preferences.


Maybe I'm wrong, but I think "arguing" here really just means explaining one's opinions and preferences, so other people know what a person is talking about why that person prefers one headphone over another. It's about giving context and being specific, not "I'm right and you're wrong" type of arguing. 

post #389 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

How about this for a subjective answer?  "I don't think so"

 

Awesome! I would trade my HE-500 with your HD800. ;)

post #390 of 991

If the HE-500 was $1499, the HE-6 was $1499, and the HD800 was $1499, would...heck, I'll even add in the LCD-2 at $1499, I think people's opinions would be different.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HD800 vs HE500