Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 460

post #6886 of 6900
Thanks for the info @creatip. Cleaning tube pins can be a real chore... I have the best experience with using alcohol and qtips and then baking soda and water and a toothbrush. It sucks having distortion with tubes!

lehoang - your tube question is very tough to answer. It really depends on your ears and your gear. This thread has many suggestions... GE "smoked glass" tubes, Amperex "orange globe" or 6922 pq or 7308, Siemens German made tubes, or Telefunken tubes. Those all are popular.

I would say probably Telefunken, but they are expensive. Other tubes sound great for cheaper.
post #6887 of 6900
@@joeq70 I don't know if you got your HD600 yet, but I just saw this pop on the deals thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/13065#post_11376990
post #6888 of 6900
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansotek View Post

@@joeq70 I don't know if you got your HD600 yet, but I just saw this pop on the deals thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/13065#post_11376990

I did actually! I got a good deal on them locally. I reterminated and dressed up the cable a bit. Here they are:

 

post #6889 of 6900
How does the HD600 pair with your new Aune/Schiit stack? Those are going to be my next headphones, after constantly hearing how they pair well with the Asgard 2.

Yeah, I got the Asgard 2 a week ago and am loving the upgrade from the T1. Definitely bringing more out of the HE400's potential. I also tried the Gold Lions (as recommended by several of you guys) and found the sound to be overly warm with the Asgard. I swapped out the tube for an Amperex 6922 and it worked perfect with my new setup.
post #6890 of 6900
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansotek View Post

@@joeq70 I don't know if you got your HD600 yet, but I just saw this pop on the deals thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/13065#post_11376990
I did actually! I got a good deal on them locally. I reterminated and dressed up the cable a bit. Here they are:


Nice!
post #6891 of 6900
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post

I did actually! I got a good deal on them locally. I reterminated and dressed up the cable a bit. Here they are:


Cool, what tube are you liking with them?
post #6892 of 6900
Any difference with the cable? I use a 650 cable on mine
post #6893 of 6900
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueprint View Post

How does the HD600 pair with your new Aune/Schiit stack? Those are going to be my next headphones, after constantly hearing how they pair well with the Asgard 2.

Yeah, I got the Asgard 2 a week ago and am loving the upgrade from the T1. Definitely bringing more out of the HE400's potential. I also tried the Gold Lions (as recommended by several of you guys) and found the sound to be overly warm with the Asgard. I swapped out the tube for an Amperex 6922 and it worked perfect with my new setup.
You find the gold lion too warm? That's the tube I throw in when a recording is too warm lol. Different ears/cans I guess...
post #6894 of 6900
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueprint View Post

How does the HD600 pair with your new Aune/Schiit stack? Those are going to be my next headphones, after constantly hearing how they pair well with the Asgard 2.

Yeah, I got the Asgard 2 a week ago and am loving the upgrade from the T1. Definitely bringing more out of the HE400's potential. I also tried the Gold Lions (as recommended by several of you guys) and found the sound to be overly warm with the Asgard. I swapped out the tube for an Amperex 6922 and it worked perfect with my new setup.

 

I love it. The T1/Asgard 2 sounds outstanding with the HD600. Although, you really do need to let the Asgard 2 warm up for about 15 minutes for the sound to come alive. Also, make sure to use the high gain setting. Additionally, the tubes give you a lot of versatility with the end result.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post


Cool, what tube are you liking with them?

I mainly use the Miniwatt Dario E188CC. I gives me an extremely smooth and full sound. It sounds really nice and a bit warm. I also use the Genalex Gold Lion sometimes, when I want both more treble and more bass (though it is a thinner sound overall).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

Any difference with the cable? I use a 650 cable on mine

 

The cable on mine is an HD650 cable that I reterminated and dressed up with techflex. The purple sounds great! :tongue:

post #6895 of 6900
I honestly feel that for the money this set up is pretty hard to beat...
post #6896 of 6900
Upgradeitis has been pretty much cured with this rig. Wish I could say the same for my vinyl rig lol.
post #6897 of 6900
Tip to Asgard owners: I've always heard it's best to just leave class a amps on. Supposedly its hard on the circuit to be powered on and off constantly. Upside is its always ready to go lol
post #6898 of 6900
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

Tip to Asgard owners: I've always heard it's best to just leave class a amps on. Supposedly its hard on the circuit to be powered on and off constantly. Upside is its always ready to go lol

Interesting. Leaving it on permanently seems kinda ridiculous, but as it turns out, I did leave mine on all night last night on accident and went to listen today it sounded outstanding!

post #6899 of 6900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

Tip to Asgard owners: I've always heard it's best to just leave class a amps on. Supposedly its hard on the circuit to be powered on and off constantly. Upside is its always ready to go lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post

Interesting. Leaving it on permanently seems kinda ridiculous, but as it turns out, I did leave mine on all night last night on accident and went to listen today it sounded outstanding!

I have heard that this can be done with an SS device, but you don't want to leave the T1 on all the time. The tube has a limited life. I don't think that tube equipment should be turned on and off repeatedly. as long as I plan to be listening for several hours I leave it on, even I must be called away for a while.
post #6900 of 6900
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post


I have heard that this can be done with an SS device, but you don't want to leave the T1 on all the time. The tube has a limited life. I don't think that tube equipment should be turned on and off repeatedly. as long as I plan to be listening for several hours I leave it on, even I must be called away for a while.
We're talking about the Asgard 2 amp. I don't leave the t1 on. Spent too much on tubes lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***