or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 287

post #4291 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana789 View Post
 

 

 

 

I have the Aune T1 and the Bravo V2 (unmodified) which I drive with a Stoner Acoustics UD110 DAC. Hard to say which one I like best, if pressed I would pick the T1. total cost of both is within $10. The T1 is a trimmer package, the separate UD110 DAC and Bravo V2 amp are a bit more versatile. I have Amperex Orange Globe  tubes for both (they use different tubes), I would say they are my preferred tube so far.

 

They both sound awesome to my mostly untutored ears. I usually listen with my Beyer DT770.


Dana....give these a try

 

For the AUNE - GE 6DJ8 USA or SEIMENS 6AQ8

 

For the BRAVO V2 (Love that little guy) - RCA Black Plate like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NOS-RCA-USN-CRC-5963-Vacuum-Tubes-1958-Black-Plate-12AU7-Audio-Twin-Triodes-/350977230047?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item51b7df84df

 

or

 

 

Mullard 12AU7 Long plate ...amazing sound - can be pricey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERB-RARE-1956-MULLARD-CV491-ECC82-12AU7-LONG-SQUARE-TESTS-NOS-FREE-SHIP-/251419980898?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Valves_Vacuum_Tubes&hash=item3a89cc7462

 

or more reasonable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1956-Mullard-12AU7-Tube-Blackburn-B6F-ECC-82-Tested-Good-Mint-Graphics-/231138199078?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item35d0e90626

post #4292 of 8013

 

thanks for the advice, I'll keep looking for those for my Bravo. For the T1, I bought a nice stash from mhamel and have picked up a few more since.

 

I am enjoying this immensely.

 

I'm not sure about your taste in music, but for test tracks I highly recommend the Steve Hoffman 1985 remaster of Who's Next. You can get it from ebay Canada. I listened to that with my T1/Amperex OG/DT770 the other night, wow. It showed me how critical the remastering is. Tube-rolling and remaster-rolling. This hobby can be fun.


Edited by dana789 - 1/20/14 at 6:19pm
post #4293 of 8013

dana789, what Amperex OG did you get from mhamel exactly? 69` 6DJ8 single support leg dimpled disc GAC coded? He had few of those for selling. Still one of my best tubes for rock/metal/progressive/jazz and they are really appreciated in Lyr thread also.

post #4294 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

dana789, what Amperex OG did you get from mhamel exactly? 69` 6DJ8 single support leg dimpled disc GAC coded? He had few of those for selling. Still one of my best tubes for rock/metal/progressive/jazz and they are really appreciated in Lyr thread also.


He sold me a 1969 Amperex OG 6DJ8, from Phillips/Amperex Herleen, Holland, Sept 1969 from the etch date. I'll check the other details tonight.

post #4295 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYabbz View Post

What would be a good cheap tube amp ($130) to go with the Aune T1 Tube DAC? I'm primarily looking into the Little Dot I+ for the tube rolling feature and better build quality compared to the Bravo Tube Amp.

I primarily have low impedance headphones under 70ohms and don't plan on getting anything over that. I have/plan to get: Q701, Pro DJ100, Momentums, SR225i, HE400. 

So yeah or nay for the little dot I+ with the aune t1? Only going to be using them with low impedance headphones 70ohm or lower and the I+ drives low impedance headphones great like the grados which I listen to the most.
post #4296 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana789 View Post
 


He sold me a 1969 Amperex OG 6DJ8, from Phillips/Amperex Herleen, Holland, Sept 1969 from the etch date. I'll check the other details tonight.

 

 

1969 Amperex 6DJ8 / GAC, dimple disc getter, single post support... Herleen, 4th week of September, 1969 mfg.

 

Section matched < 2.3% difference in Gm, < 1% difference in Mu (Gain).

 

 

I have 2-3 matched pairs left of the GAC coded 1969s, I don't think I have any singles left, I'd have to check.

 

    -Mike


Edited by mhamel - 1/21/14 at 7:47am
post #4297 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamel View Post
 

 

 

1969 Amperex 6DJ8 / GAC, dimple disc getter, single post support... Herleen, 4th week of September, 1969 mfg.

 

Section matched < 2.3% difference in Gm, < 1% difference in Mu (Gain).

 

 

I have 2-3 matched pairs left of the GAC coded 1969s, I don't think I have any singles left, I'd have to check.

 

    -Mike


and it sounds great! As Mike advised, this was a very good starting point for me. It was reasonably priced and made the merits of a good tube obvious to someone new to tube rolling.

post #4298 of 8013

Those GAC coded OG`s are rare & good, so enjoy it! ;)

post #4299 of 8013

received few tubes in the last couple days :atsmile:

 


Edited by spacequeen7 - 1/21/14 at 1:51pm
post #4300 of 8013

Me too !!! BUt I think you received more in that shipment...LOL

 

On another note..I have all my caps...and may just store them away...My AUNE sounds great..so why mess with it? Not an itch I need to scratch right now...LOL...

post #4301 of 8013

^^^ two tubes out of this are questionable 

Sylvania 6AQ8 ECC85 Black Plates and RCA 6AQ8 Gray Plates have some base/bass distortion (looks like copper rods are on fire)

post #4302 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacequeen7 View Post
 

^^^ two tubes out of this are questionable 

Sylvania 6AQ8 ECC85 Black Plates and RCA 6AQ8 Gray Plates have some base/bass distortion (looks like copper rods are on fire)


That sucks..and those are two good sounding tubes...defective ?

 

I received my black plate today..DEFECTIVE..uggg...Right channel about 1/2 of the left..never had that happen...sucks

post #4303 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacequeen7 View Post

received few tubes in the last couple days atsmile.gif





What are the big tubes in the back? What do you use them for?
post #4304 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacequeen7 View Post
 

received few tubes in the last couple days :atsmile:

 

 

How does that RTC sound?

post #4305 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post

What are the big tubes in the back? What do you use them for?
6sn7 & 7236, they're the driver and power tubes for the darkvoice 336. Will also work in a Crack w/ adapter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***