or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 224

post #3346 of 8013

I wonder how good T1 with Crack will be. Rollable tube for DAC and amp, oh my.  I still waiting for my OG tube from Ohio, at the same time waits for Crack. Early Christmas present! Santa didn't even know that I'm being naughty. :D

post #3347 of 8013

Just got my head-direct/Hifiman EF1 as my Aune T1 output stage.. Hoorah!

 

That trip home from the post office always takes so long..

post #3348 of 8013

Aune T1 with the original stock tube sounds pretty decent with the Triple.Fi 10. It's sad to say but so far they seem to have poor synergy with the Fostex.

 

Maybe tube rolling will help.

post #3349 of 8013

Hope that tube rolling will help you. You should really get Amperex OG. Stock T50RP were one of my thoughts of upgrading but seems orthos are difficult in finding good match with DAC and need good amp as well. Of course Paradox is different league. I`m still confused about what amp to get because for bang-for-a-buck guy like me, it`s hard to choose from all those cheap amps.


Edited by CoiL - 11/22/13 at 12:05pm
post #3350 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

Aune T1 with the original stock tube sounds pretty decent with the Triple.Fi 10. It's sad to say but so far they seem to have poor synergy with the Fostex.

 

Maybe tube rolling will help.

 

The amplifier section of the T1 does not drive the Fostex planars very well.   Tube rolling can change the sound, but the tube in the T1 is a buffer stage, it's not going to increase the power output of the amp.  Ideally, the T1 would be better suited as a DAC driving an outboard amp for that setup.

post #3351 of 8013

post #3352 of 8013

what I meant was run the tube so I am fully used to it before changing it so I can hear a difference.

 

I like the idea of 'holographic', with 598's that will be mental!

 

they are expensive these things!

 

Coil will driver grade work with the T1? As upscale audio say that is the one that should be used in a DAC?

 

It's also cheaper...

 

or I can get a rocket logo for very cheap, just to see if tubes actually make a difference:D

 

also will playing with the gain settings on the T1 net me anything? they're stock atm

 

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/shop_Other_brands_OEM_Tubes_Preamp_doubletriodes/6N23P_EV_6H23P_EB_NOS_Russia_3249

 

is that compatible? the tube you said had good bass?

 

cheers


Edited by 3t3p - 11/22/13 at 4:05pm
post #3353 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Looks awesome! Remains The Question - is sound same awesome? ;P

post #3354 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
 

what I meant was run the tube so I am fully used to it before changing it so I can hear a difference.

 

I like the idea of 'holographic', with 598's that will be mental!

 

they are expensive these things!

 

Coil will driver grade work with the T1? As upscale audio say that is the one that should be used in a DAC?

 

It's also cheaper...

 

or I can get a rocket logo for very cheap, just to see if tubes actually make a difference:D

 

also will playing with the gain settings on the T1 net me anything? they're stock atm

 

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/shop_Other_brands_OEM_Tubes_Preamp_doubletriodes/6N23P_EV_6H23P_EB_NOS_Russia_3249

 

is that compatible? the tube you said had good bass?

 

cheers

driver grade  -  yes

6n23p - yes

post #3355 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Looks awesome! Remains The Question - is sound same awesome? ;P

 

It's actually a 12AU7 tube, so it's not matched to the Aune T1 (EH6922). Would this make much of a difference?

 

Absolutely loving it, I feel like it's breathing new life into my T1. Can't wait to roll them both..

post #3356 of 8013

hello to all of you hi-fi friends.... I have a Aune T1(+ amperex orange globe)  and i decide to try my Hifiman he 400 with another dac for the cheap price of 50 dollars : the Hifimediy usb dac....I try a comparison between these two dacs .... I use the amp section of the Aune t1 with the Hifimedyi dac... Same amp and two dacs....The winner is clearly for my ears the cheap Hifimediy.....I decide to order the asynchronus version of this dac (60 dollars price)

I will give to you my impression in the near future....the sound of the Hifimedyi dac civilized the harshness or the tizz of the treble of the he 400.....I have ordered another amp for comparison with the amp section of the Aune t1.....The Bravo Ocean is 120 dollars tube amp  and i am curious to see if the sound of this tube amp will compare with the Amp section of the T1... Perhaps i will combine the aune amp with the ocean for preamp and the hifimediy dac ....... Have you some idea about that ?


Edited by richard51 - 11/22/13 at 10:03pm
post #3357 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

It's actually a 12AU7 tube, so it's not matched to the Aune T1 (EH6922). Would this make much of a difference?

Absolutely loving it, I feel like it's breathing new life into my T1. Can't wait to roll them both..

What a beautiful looking combo. Does HiFiman still sell the EF-1, the nearest I could find is the EF-5.
post #3358 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard51 View Post
 

hello to all of you hi-fi friends.... I have a Aune T1(+ amperex orange globe)  and i decide to try my Hifiman he 400 with another dac for the cheap price of 50 dollars : the Hifimediy usb dac....I try a comparison between these two dacs .... I use the amp section of the Aune t1 with the Hifimedyi dac... Same amp and two dacs....The winner is clearly for my ears the cheap Hifimediy.....I decide to order the asynchronus version of this dac (60 dollars price)

I will give to you my impression in the near future....the sound of the Hifimedyi dac civilized the harshness or the tizz of the treble of the he 400.....I have ordered another amp for comparison with the amp section of the Aune t1.....The Bravo Ocean is 120 dollars tube amp  and i am curious to see if the sound of this tube amp will compare with the Amp section of the T1... Perhaps i will combine the aune amp with the ocean for preamp and the hifimediy dac ....... Have you some idea about that ?

 

Bad news for me having just bought an Aune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamel View Post
 

 

The amplifier section of the T1 does not drive the Fostex planars very well.   Tube rolling can change the sound, but the tube in the T1 is a buffer stage, it's not going to increase the power output of the amp.  Ideally, the T1 would be better suited as a DAC driving an outboard amp for that setup.

That sounds like I made a wrong choice. Coupled with the reply saying that a hifimediy dac performs much better than the Aune T1 makes me want to facepalm myself pretty hard :|

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Hope that tube rolling will help you. You should really get Amperex OG. Stock T50RP were one of my thoughts of upgrading but seems orthos are difficult in finding good match with DAC and need good amp as well. Of course Paradox is different league. I`m still confused about what amp to get because for bang-for-a-buck guy like me, it`s hard to choose from all those cheap amps.

I'll see what I can do, might need to get another amp. I know, I myself am a VFM fanatic. Might get a cheaper Fiio offering, an O2 amp or maybe A Vali/ Modi.

 

I blame headfonia for misguiding me, I was almost *almost* certain on buying a Magni+Modi or a Modi+Vali

post #3359 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

 

Bad news for me having just bought an Aune.

That sounds like I made a wrong choice. Coupled with the reply saying that a hifimediy dac performs much better than the Aune T1 makes me want to facepalm myself pretty hard :|

 

I'll see what I can do, might need to get another amp. I know, I myself am a VFM fanatic. Might get a cheaper Fiio offering, an O2 amp or maybe A Vali/ Modi.

 

I blame headfonia for misguiding me, I was almost *almost* certain on buying a Magni+Modi or a Modi+Vali

What did Headfonia told you?

post #3360 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

What did Headfonia told you?

I read their review on the Schiit Magni/ Modi combo and I first came across the Aune T1 then. It was said that the Aune T1 is in no way inferior to the Schiit combo. They even tested it with the He-400. I thought they would also sound better than that with the Fostex. I was mistaken. Too bad I have to live with the choices I make because I can't test any audio products before buying.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***